Series 7 - Episode 12

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 7 ep 12

Post by Purgatory »

The 1st time the sword has been won i believe..
Come on Fear your not much competition are you on one on one action?

But over all level 3 was just as easy as level 2.
But according to that Green wizard he should now have completed his quest... but we know t=he hasn't.

And i still don't understand all the fuss with this Barry guy? Sounds like a complete fool to me.. big headed and all, not the kind of person i tend to like....
Well have to Waite as see maybe his not as annoying as i remember...
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Sacrilege!!Barry is a living legend!!! lol Tho not in a HStorm ----> Majida kinda way guyz.... hehe
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Mephisto wrote: I still don't understand all the fuss with this Barry guy? Sounds like a complete fool to me.. big headed and all, not the kind of person i tend to like....
Uh huh. I'll skip over the obvious retort to that. Whatever else he was, Barry sure wasn't a fool. He talked non-stop and with considerable colour, forever going off at tangents, and this was a deliberate strategy on the part of his team; it confused the actors time and again throughout the quest and made it harder for them to stick to the plot, making the challenges harder to impose. (That's why Majida called him a smart bottom - the producers got really narked with the way Barry kept breaking up the flow and decided to call him a smart*ss on-screen.)

My favourite bit of the episode's a really subtle bit before the start of Barry's quest, when Majida asks Treguard if he's sure he wants to employ him. Barry glances over his shoulder with a look of feigned hurt on his face as if to say, "Who? Me?" I always think it's a nice touch when a dungeoneer goes the extra distance to play along with the actors!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
sda
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sda »

"The only good thing to come out of cornwall are cornish pasties!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

There was a crash just before Treguard dismissed the team. I rewound the vdeo and it appeared that Majida had dropped the sword on the floor. She backs out of view and Treguard pauses and then continues... ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Well atleast Barry's quest was for the shield and not the sword. Image if he had won the previous quest, I have an image of him defeating Lord Fear by using the sword to attack him instead of using the 'Arken' shield. ::)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Rick

Post by Rick »

The part which made me plonder was in the "Play your cards right" part, where they hear the Goblin sounds. Why should they panic? Goblins can't leap that far! Anyway, it was a good episode, & they deserved to win. Don't know why they did Troll footstep noises where one didn't appear though. It's creepy!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

It's not that goblins would appear. That was a warning for teams who were not getting their rear-side in gear. If they didn't get out in time chances are the blocks will all retract into the wall... I remember that from somewhere but I don't know where!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Pipmuk
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Pipmuk »

Two things for me:

Julie herself almost blew her quest on PYCR.... she nearly touched the wrong card - also im sure she stepped into the gap, on her first jump/long stride - it looks like they move the camera away as she makes a mistake - like when they get on to Smirky.

Secondly.... OMG Barry is brilliant!!!!

He seems such a laugh - very clever tactics. Im going to really enjoy this.... ;D
Pipmuk
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Pipmuk »

Oops, I forgot to say when LF called Julie "Jool-eh"

Hilarious! ;D
knightmare_rocks
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by knightmare_rocks »

Was that skeleton wearing the old helmet of justice? Freaky!!
angelordevil4585
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by angelordevil4585 »

Is that one of todays eps? Or is it just a random wondering?
Now, I don't like to gloat...what am I saying? I can't believe I just said that, dear me, what a little fibber I am. Of course I like to gloat...love it, something of a hobby.
knightmare_rocks
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by knightmare_rocks »

It was on the day i posted it
Sai
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Sai »

The Brollachan wrote: Ever got the feeling that he had seen the dwarf tunnels before they filmed him in the dwarf tunnels.
Kind of. I'll let you into a secret...

*spoiler*The Dwarf Tunnels were shaped like an A. They were made of two sets of two parallel corridors. The first set intersected by the second at the top and middle, making a squared-off A. We had seen this beforehand and Barry just decided to go ahead and wander around.*/spoiler*

And the Troll footsteps were a form of foreshadowing. When the first occurred we on the bench couldn't hear them. But as our adventure progressed they went from something only Barry could hear, to something we all could hear, (and as the climx episode arrived) to something only we in the antechamber could hear. Really did encourage us to get a move on!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Spookily, this episode was almost reshown on it's 12th anniversary. As I said earlier, the first showing was the 26th November '93...and it was reshown today on the 27th!
Fidjit wrote: There was a crash just before Treguard dismissed the team. I rewound the vdeo and it appeared that Majida had dropped the sword on the floor. She backs out of view and Treguard pauses and then continues... ;D
I noticed that too! I thought Challenge had made a sound error at first.