Series 7 ep 13

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 7 ep 13

Post by MoanaLiza »

Okies folkies!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 7 ep 13

Post by TheBrollachan »

I'm suprised that the goblins didn't get Barry in the moving blocks room.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

It looked like they were just about to, but then fled when they saw him pick up the staff piece in a flash of light.

As for the rest of the episode, well, what can I say? Barry and Co easily troop on through the Levels, managing to get to Level 2 in no time. There was a great gag with Lord Fear's 'Shellnet Shell Phone', a pun on what 1993 people called 'o2 Mobiles', and the whole disgusing Lissard as Marta thing. I noticed that when one of the advisors noticed they'd missed the staff piece, he let out an audible "Damn!"- something I'm surprised got through the CITV censors. Still, they risked it and went back. It was also funny to hear Barry mention Merlin by accident to Romahna, instead of Grimaldine, plus his Humbugs/Humis slip-up. And it was great seeing Sly Hands in the role of Skarkill/Raptor (I wonder how they did that slow motion effect?). And anyone notice that the team manage to guide Barry into the wall in the dark room? Overall, can't wait to see the continuing adventures of Barry and co tomorrow!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Did anyone notice Lord Fear's collar slip of him a bit during the first Spy Glass sequence?

LOVELY Episode as Skarkill would say.

Lord Fear still funny as ever.

Hands still as smelly as ever and this time he can move in slow motion.

Smirkonoff got in a conphersation(sp?) with Barry witch I thought was great.

Why were Grippa and Rhark trying to attack Rohmana from the front, next time they should try the back.

LOVELY Episode anyway.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

How did they do the slow motion effect? Simple! Just film Hands and the goblins on blue-screen first, and record that output. Then, feed that output into the Chromakey machine (instead of just the static background) as Barry comes into the blue-screen room. When Barry takes the potion, switch the VT machine to slow so that Hands and the goblins slow down, but Barry (live) remains at normal speed.

Back to the episode, I wonder how they did that effect where a computer-generated graphic of the staff flew down to Grimaldine, but then he clearly picked it up and was handling a real prop?

I think the team were DEFINITELY let off in the room with the moving floor puzzle. Other teams would have died, had they done what Barry did. Look closely and you'll see that Barry's feet clearly step onto the chasm before the floor moves into place, and Barry doesn't start moving back (after touching the staff piece) until the block has moved out of place again! Perhaps they were coming up to the end of the series and thought it wasn't worth starting a new quest with, like, 1 ep to go?
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Something like "We're looking through the eye shield"
"What's it like?" or something like that
"Oh it's sunny". I think Barry must've been the only dungeoneer to talk through an eyeshield sequence. There was also "Can you tell me where the entrance is incase I have to escape quickly" with the troll.

So we start with the spyglass sequence with as mentioned about the "shell phone" and also about the staff. Lord Fear raising his voice in anger! I liked when LF tried to communicate with Hands ;D.

I liked the bartering with Rothberry. During the Moving blocks puzzle, I thought that they were an incy wee bit close to the edge a couple of times, particularly as they went back to get that piece of staff.

In the dark room Barry said something about trying to turn the lamp on. I thought it was funny when his brother replied with "That might be a good idea!". I noticed also, about when the advisors guided him into the wall.

When Sly and the goblins went into slow motion, reminds me of when Gundrada and Fatilla (during s4) went into slow motion.

Overall I found nearly every part of this ep quite amusing, look forward to tomorrow's ep!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Tom41 wrote:Perhaps they were coming up to the end of the series and thought it wasn't worth starting a new quest with, like, 1 ep to go?
Tom, there are two eps left as there are 15 eps in total for s7, which you proably knew that anyway ;)!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Looking back in via video tape I can confirm that Barry was floating in that moving block room. Before touching the starf the back of his heels were on the stone surface but once collecting it when he did the 180 degree turn he was completely over the gap.

Funny how Smirkenorff got the most conversation of the series with Barry. ::)
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 19 May 2004, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

what you have to remember that this was a 'fixed' quest. so there no chance they would have been killed off and is why the team are one of the better teams in Kmare history.. Probs been told what to do from the start anyway, but as we have just been told they died in level one.. not seen that for a while
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

All hail Barry Thorne, the bestest Dungeoneer of them all. ;D

That is all ;D
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Yes but with 2 episode left he could be killed off and a new team could have got the troll hammer. Still no hard feelings to Barry's team, they are making me laugh.
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Tom41 wrote: How did they do the slow motion effect? Simple! Just film Hands and the goblins on blue-screen first, and record that output. Then, feed that output into the Chromakey machine (instead of just the static background) as Barry comes into the blue-screen room. When Barry takes the potion, switch the VT machine to slow so that Hands and the goblins slow down, but Barry (live) remains at normal speed.
err.. looked like it was just sound effects, and a bit of good acting to me
DragonRider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DragonRider »

I can't believe I had forgotten how funny Barry was when I first saw this quest all those years ago!
I was also most amused by Lissard-as-Marta looking down his/her dress when he/she was transformed.... ;D
Also, Lord Fear: "Girl after me own heart.....if I had one. Which I don't."
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

In fact I'm quite enjoying this quest/Team very good..
I just don't like the fact that they are indeed a 'put on' quest for the season finial.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 7 ep 13

Post by Canadanne »

What on earth was going on with the customer before Barry at Rothberry's stall? It almost looks like the Boatman with that thing over his head, though I suspect it's a female actor. All I can catch of Rothberry's lines are "I'm very grateful, understand that, for all the little bits of twig and leaves... I can probably put... myself, you understand that? But... no, STICKS... no, this is a lovely big stick... no, I know it's a big stick... I know it's, it's a lovely stick... it's a very good stick, yes... but it's... oh, just take one of these, off you pop, there you go!"

The bit in the dwarf tunnel is funny, when Barry says "There's something behind me! ...no, nothing behind me" as he realises it's just the cameraman. *g*