Series 8 - Episode 7

JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 8 - Episode 7

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I've been reading the series guide (and a bit of discussion on the old forum) and I can't get what this team did wrong. Can somebody else give me some idea of what the team might have done wrong?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: What did team 4 in series 8 do wrong?

Post by Malefact »

From what I can tell, they were supposed to use the trapdoor to get to level three, even though they had no FLOAT spell. Maybe one of the clue objects they didn't take was needed for that, or perhaps they simply didn't need any extra magic for that particular trapdoor.

In any case, their decision to take the door was wrong and they were therefore fried! It's like what beveryafraid said in another thread: all teams are assumed to be winners until they make a mistake, and then they're killed off one way or another. In this case, choosing the door was a mistake and they paid the price instantly!
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

This was a pretty confusing one. We know they should have taken the door. What we don't know if whether they needed something to get down. I never liked those FLOAT spells and such very much anyway, all a bit too predictable after a while.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The team didn't take the Brain Pills from the clue room, as the Stinkwort was not needed to create the FILLET spell. If they took the Brain Pills, they could have taken one whilst on the trapdoor, and that would most likely have provided them with an escape route into Level 3
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Can anyone remember all the choices? I seem to recall the scroll saying "Dangerous to those who are not dim" - which would seem to suggest not taking the brain pills.
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

they met sidriss and i think they should have given the brain pills to her in return for a small float spell.  if you remember, in the spy glass, lord fear mentioned sidriss was stupid and that was a hint that she should have been given the pills.

thats my theory anyway.  sidriss is a source of magic as well as information in this case i think.  the brain pills being specifically mentioned in the scroll usually means a clue object is important.

and i should be revising and this is starting to not make sense.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Can anyone remember all the choices? I seem to recall the scroll saying "Dangerous to those who are not dim" - which would seem to suggest not taking the brain pills.
The Clue objects were: the brain pills, a portion of Stinkwort and a bat. The team needed to take the brain pills for Sidriss and/or the trapdoor room (as it was never explained properly) and the bat as it formed part of the FILLET spell together with the plainberries they found in another room later on (this was learnt through spying on Lord Fear). The Stinkwort was the dud as it didn't form part of the spell.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

That particular episode had Majida ask Treguard what the Stinkwort did at the end.  He replied that he doesn't think it does anything.  Majida then asked if they had picked the wrong object to which Treguard taps his nose in a secretive manner.

The team encountered Sidriss who was being questioned by Snapper Jack.  She had this riddle:

Cut your cards and be observant.
Is Jack the name of prince or servant?

The Brain Pills may have helped her answer correctly but the team gave her the correct answer of servant.

She gave them the KNOT spell in return.

The only way to Level 3 was down the trapdoor.  The advisors really should have known that.

Any answers as to why they finished Level 1 with a egg timer still left?
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Davius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Davius »

When the team got to the trapdoor room and destroyed the skeletron with the FILLET spell, I think they just had to direct the dungeoneer onto the trapdoor to fall down to Level 3. The scroll in the clue room which said "Dangerous to those who are not dim" was confusing, because it implied taking the Brain Pills would be dangerous (I think one of the advisors stated this as well - even though afterwards it looked like they could have been given to Sidriss), so they decided on taking the remaining objects: the Bat (for the FILLET spell) and the Stinkwort.

However, it was not apparent that there was anything else (like a FLOAT spell) in that Level that could deal with the trapdoor to Level 3, and because they thought that they could not use the trapdoor without the spell, they entered the other door and died.

The fact that the only other exit was trapped with a Fireball, and that Treguard said "Float spell or no Float spell, the trapdoor is the only way down to Level 3", probably means that they did not need a spell to descend anyway.

So the fact that they did not have the FLOAT spell, like they used on the trapdoor from Level 1 to 2, either shows a slight lack of continuity, or tells us that it is not as far a fall from Level 2 to 3, as it is from Level 1 to 2!
Last edited by Davius on 18 Apr 2003, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
"When the time turns once more, and the fire burns as before, and the gauntlet is held down, then, will the age of Knightmare be found." -Treguard
Beef
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Series 8 Team 4

Post by Beef »

Hey every1! new here, loved knightmare to bits when it was on, tho didn't see series 1 or 2 till the repeats.
Anyway my question regards the afforementioned team.Its been ages since series 8 was on. This team appeared to be killed because they picked up the wrong object. I was wondering if anyone could give me more details on why they died as it appears very unclear from the series guide.

Cheers
Beefy
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: Series 8 Team 4

Post by Pickle123 »

they didn't go to level three. they thought they needed a float spell, and maybe they did, but since they choose the door and not the trap door they have gone off course...missed level three and therefore couldn't win anyway. the fireball was a quick way of dispatching them.

as to the stinkwort being the wrong item *shrug* i can't remember fully what happened since its been ages since ive seen the series (not having sky or anything) but not all items *have* to be used although most were in the later series especialy. whatever else was on the table may have gotten them a float spell or somthing but who knows. ::)

again, welcome beef
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I remember Majida saying what does 'stinkawart' do? and Treguard answering that it doesnt do anything....so it propably was the wrong item, but its hard to tell since I cant remember most of that team. And if a feather (of falling) was on the table they hould have taken that.
The thing I remember best was that one of the advisors yelled "Quick gives us some information" to Treguard who answered: No
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It may have been a rather sneaky trick, thinking about it. Lord Fear read out a list of ingredients required for the FILLET spell but the Stinkwort was never actually mentioned. The team may have taken it thinking it was, since it does seem like the sort of thing a list of magical ingredients might have.

There are two possibilities I can think of regarding how the team should have made it to Level Three. Either they should have taken one of the other objects from the Clue Room, or they didn't actually need an object at all. Maybe all they had to do was use the Reach Wand to open the trapdoor.
Subject to change.
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

The other item was a jar of Brain Pills.  The scroll read "Warning.  Dangerous to those who are not dim".  The team took this to mean that the Pills would harm them because they were clever people.  So they took the Stinkwart.

It wasn't part of the ingredients needed for the FILLET spell.  The only help the team got was from Sidriss who gave them a KNOT spell which they needed.  Snapper Jack wasn't the type to aid dungeoneers.

Basically the Pills would have somehow helped them down the trapdoor safely.  They could have gambled on getting a soft landing but took the door instead.

Would they immediately die the second the dungeoneer hit the ground?
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 8 Ep 7 *No Spoilers please this time!!!*

Post by MoanaLiza »

Go ahead
Last edited by Anonymous on 01 Jun 2004, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"