KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CITV

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CITV

Post by Velda »

I'm really looking forward to this - I really do hope that they show some programmes (or at least clips) that we used to watch (Knightmare, of course!) and don't just show the ones that are usually on now.  I'll be really disappointed otherwise.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

It will be nice to see a few clips, since it seems that's the best we can hope for. And Grotbags! And hopefully T-Bag. *crosses fingers*

Tonight at around 2.30am ITV are showing one of the concerts that made up Eurythmics' Peacetour: well worth a look for anyone staying up late.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

For anyone who missed this, a few very quick Knightmare clips were featured in a short section that looked back at CITV programmes of the 1980s. The presenters described it as "the coolest show of the 80s" and "so ahead of its time".

When they discussed the 90s shows they made a big mention of how the 90s featured programmes for everyone, as if that hadn't been the case before. Strange, then, that it was in this period that they basically abandoned a major age section of the youth market in axeing such shows as Knightmare.  

In any case, I thought Grotbags easily stole the show. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Anton
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Anton »

Hi
Just got in from work. Sat down and watched citv's 20th birthday celebrations. I thought it was really good. If it had one fault (other than not showing full episodes of faves such as knightmare) it was that they spent a bit too long on the links. not the bits where they were talking to old presenters - that was interesting (It was nice to see jeannes down, scally etc - but bits like the 2002 trivia quiz and reminding people to phone in with their top 2002 shows. It seemed a bit too focused on the modern presenters and not enough on the retro. Also I didn't like the way they just grabbed hold of anyone for the birthday messages - most of the celebs I thought were really unsuitable and therefore it was a bit patronizing for citv i.e. s club juniors are too young to have 'grown up' with citv, blazin' squad I would imagine wouldn't watch citv (think of street cred and all that).
Incidentally. I also picked up on how they said there was 'something for everyone in the 90's'. I would have thought that phrase would have gone better with the 80's shows which even adults admitted to watching for their own enjoyment. (Do you know any adults who enjoy coming home from work and settling into the latest 'repeat' of pokemon or hey arnold?).
And yes, Grotbags was really good.  The best bit though was probably Roland Rat confessing his embarresing moment to be saving 'TV-AM'.
Anyway, overall the show was really good.
A few more things
1. any more news on this itv2 theme night?
2.I know it's on the wrong thread but how did knightmare do in the cult pole on challenge (I don't have sky) and I'm too lazy to look!
3. And something I've jut thought of. I'm really suprised there was no mention of Rainbow
Last edited by Anton on 03 Jan 2003, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

2.I know it's on the wrong thread but how did knightmare do in the cult pole on challenge (I don't have sky) and I'm too lazy to look!
I can do this one. It won. It's detailed on the "Challenge Cult Selection Winners" thread in this Knews section of the forum.

I'd also like to know the answer to your first question. I asked a while back on this thread with no response. Perhaps the default response is therefore: no news.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Yup, no knews about ITV2 showing anything for the CITV celebrations... I assume the idea was abandoned.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

I watched the show and have been stuck in nostalgia mode all day.

I'm suprised that The Dreamstone and Wacaday were missed out.

On Woof! how did the turning into a dog thing pass on to a new person?  Was it genetic?

"There's somebody at the door".  Grotbags should have her own show again.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I missed it all  :'( I was revising
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Poor Emii! *comfies*

And Grotbags should definitely get a new show! Every generation growing up needs an ugly, green skinned, shrill-voiced, badly dressed witch to be frightened by. Well, I suppose Anne Robinson fulfils the criteria, but we still need Grotbags back!

I'm only joking, Annie. Perhaps you and Grotbags could do a show together? Or at least invite her onto the Weakest Link Celebrity Witches Special.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 04 Jan 2003, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I remember watching Grotbags' show in 1992. There should have been more.

I also think ITV2 should have a theme night where old presenters introduce classic shows (including our mutual favourite) corresponding to their particular era.
Subject to change.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Btw, did you see those kids in the background? They had absolutely no idea who any of them were!!

Oh, one more thing: let's hope Roland Rat does get his own show. "Twinned with Kabul" indeed!
Subject to change.
Duncan
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Duncan »

Btw, did you see those kids in the background? They had absolutely no idea who any of them were!!
Quite what those stupid 9 year old children were doing, I have no idea. Around the same time as Grotbags was shown in 1992, they were only a glint in the milkman's eye!

Did the CITV presenters just go to some random school in Birmingham last month and pick a bunch of equally random children? They just got in the way.

The best bits I thought were the guests mind. Grotbags and Scally were rad, Roland Rat was cool and Matthew Kelly and Gary Terzza - just great.

And Jeanne Downs.....

I -LOVE- JEANNE DOWNS!!!!!

-Duncan
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

They were only a glint in the milkman's eye!
Another Blackadder fan, I see. Good for you.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Duncan
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Duncan »

Another Blackadder fan, I see. Good for you.
What has my comment got to do with Blackadder?
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

From Blackadder S3E1:
And who might that be? Pitt the toddler? Pitt the embryo? Pitt the glint in the milkman's eye?
Sorry if you thought it up yourself. Maybe I've just been watching too much of it recently <¦-)
Last edited by DavidNewton on 19 Jan 2003, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!