Knightmare Article*

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Article*

Post by HStorm »

Nothing sinister there. It's "older" material. They'd have moved it to the archive after a couple of months, it's common practise.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Just hope they've made it a little more friendly...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well they have a right to free speech but they can hardly complain when we disagree.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, they have a right to say what they like, but if you're going to react so badly when people don't like it, it's not a good sign.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
andy_w
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by andy_w »

Dear All,

I am sorry for the message we wrote - we were a little stressed out about various other things at the time of writing and sort of took it out on you.  We really aren't that evil or nasty...or often that arragont... and didn't mean to cause too much offense.   The point we were trying to get across is that the site isn't meant to be serious, and what we stick up there is written because people want to write it.  It was our first edition and yes, okay, we don't have too much practical experience, despite our various university qualifications, in editing and stuff, but we try our best.  Most of the people who write for us have had little or no previous writing experience, so we want to give them a chance to get something 'published'...if that means not ripping it to shreds and rewriting it totally then so be it - therefore with this approach what we upload may not be a beautifully written piece that could win awards and change lives.   Also, as we mentioned, the opinions of the author's who write for us are not the opinions of the society as a whole, so please don't take CryStinkingFish us as a Knightmare hating people. ( even if it was not meant as a Knightmare flame).

Yes, the animation comment was a cheap dig - I fully appreciate how much graphics have evolved over the last twenty years, and yes, Nemo and the skull are incomparable.  The graphics at the time were pretty effective and certainly were good enough for the purpose.  The point was that today, when viewed on Challenge TV, it is a little difficult not to chuckle (without malice I might add) at the way it looks.  And Finally, to be fair, the kids that did go on the show weren't exactly your stereotypical 'cool kid' were they?  I think its sad that kids shows these days aren't anywhere near as challenging as Knightmare, and so attract less intelligent contestants.  The show's players were geeks, but I don't think thats a bad thing - those are the ones who will have gone on to get firsts at Cambridge, no doubt, while Funhouse contestants are probably reading the Sun.

Anyway, hope this clears things up and you don't hate us utterly, we don't want to make enemies...well, not too many anyway :)

Kate + Andy.  
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

...The show's players were geeks...
Oi some of those contestants come around here sometimes. (Okay yes talk about living in a glass house, so i'll stop throwing stones now and start boarding up my glass windows!) To be serious though I think articles like that need to be specified that they are a fun poking jibe, and should certainly not be taken seriously.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 20 Jan 2004, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I thought Tim from the team before Barry's was quite a good-looking geek... :-[
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I thought Tim from the team before Barry's was quite a good-looking geek... :-[
You mean the one on the team before Julie's, with the interesting t-shirt. I agree about him being good looking. Just looking through some of the guides from s5 onwards I don't think that two of the advisors (the two dark haired ones can't remember whos who name wise) from t6 s5, aren't too bad either!
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 20 Jan 2004, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

RESOLVED!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Thats the one! The one in the cool T shirt!

And thank you for the explanation and apology, andy_w.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

RESOLVED!  ;)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I seem to remember you and a few other female members defending his shirt from my attacks a while back. Something tells me you weren't really looking at the shirt, however. ;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I know that after my comments on the cloths of Motley and Colin Baker this is going to sound SOOOOO Hypacritiacal

BUT

I rather like that lads shirt (assumeing you meen the Tie-Dyed one) can't say much for its owners looks but thats beside the point.  ;D
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

You're a bloke Motley! You're a bloke ;D!
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Nice to read the apology, don't worry too much about having a bad day, everyone does and what your site is trying to do is a good thing and I as a writer fully understand how you do not want to ruin confidence by over editing.