Knightmare Transcripts: Interested?

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Transcripts: Interested?

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

I'm a transciber in my spare time - I recreate the original scripts to television programs by copying them out word-for-word from video recordings. Up until recently, all I've been doing is Digimon - http://www21.brinkster.com/digiscripts is my site - but I've decided to branch out into Knightmare. Now that Challenge is showing them again, I should be able to get a reasonable amount of episodes done.

So what do you think?
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Transcripts: Interested?

Post by Billy »

I certainly would! I've always wanted to see Knightmare transcripts on the web, so good luck!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I think it's a great idea, if you have the time and inclination. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

A good idea, would make them more accessible to people. I can't help but feel that you really need to see Knightmare rather than read it, though.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

I concur with the above view...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Knightmare is more Visual than most programs, and as such, Transciptions would be kinda pointless in that respect...

BUT, it'd be a nice idea nonetheless... ;D
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Yes - I think it might work. It'd be great to see written down some of Treguard's finest moments - I always used to love the way, especially in the early series, that he could be so condescending after a dungeoneer's death - "Merlin's magic would have saved you", "You spellcast Spade when the spell was Shovel." The only problems with Knightmare transcriptions is that there would be an awful amount of "Where am I?"descriptions and teams faffing around. "Left. No right. Sidestep right."
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Look what I've done!

Post by Velda »

Knightmare Series 6, Episode 1.

INTRODUCTION

Lord Fear is sitting in front of his new communications device, the Pool of Veracity

Lord Fear: So, you like to play games, do you? You think you're rather clever and you're not afraid, well, not VERY afraid. Very well, dungeonmaster, bring on your brightest and your boldest, but remember - I play only the end game, and I always win, in the end.

OPENING CREDITS

Into Treguard's antechamber - he is crouching by the fire. He turns round and sees the Watchers.

Treguard: Well, I must say, you took your time. He's gloating you know. Lord Fear is gloating already. Thinks we don't have the ???  to beat him, thinks we can't raise the talent. But that's where he's wrong! What's your name then? Out with it!

He goes over to the Dungeoneer, a tall boy with short, brown, wavy hair who's standing at the antechamber entrance.

Dungeoneer: Matt Atkin

Treguard: Nicely spoken, Matt. Well, you may walk alone but you can't go unaided, you know that. So let's see your advisors, summon them quickly.

Matt: Razor, Ben, John. *They appear*

Treguard: Fair enough, by appearance at least. Now, who guides young Matt on his quest?

Razor: Razor ??? (sorry, couldn't make out his surname)
Ben: Ben Dowdon
John: John Courtney
Last edited by Velda on 05 Oct 2003, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Look what I've done!

Post by Velda »

Treguard: Well, you'll need help and protection. Pickle? Pickle. Pickle! Excuse me, but the elf's demented, Pickle, will you get your elvish rearside in here!

Pickle appears on the viewscreen - a forest is in the background.

Pickle: Here, master! Are we about to begin?

Treguard: Not there, here! (meaning antechamber) Get in here at once Pickle, we've a quest to dispatch!

Pickle appears in Treguard's chair, clutching the Helmet, Eye Shield and Knapsack.

Pickle: Here, master!

Treguard: At last! Good, at least you've got the equipment. *gesturing to Matt* This is Matt.

Pickle: Hello Matt.

Treguard: Give me the Eye Shield! *gets Eye Shield from Pickle* Now Matt, you go sightless into peril but at least the Eye Shield is one way for us to know where you are heading. But remember, it doesn't see all dangers. *gets Knapsack from Pickle* Now, take this Knapsack and remember it's only for food. Put food in there and it'll sustain your energy levels. *Pickle hands Helmet to Treguard* And finally, the Helmet.

Treguard looks at Matt inquisitivly.

Treguard: Are you quite sure you want to do this?

Matt: Yeah.

Treguard: *looks at Pickle with a bemused look* How strange! Very well! *he puts the Helmet on Matt* What lies before you is quite beyond belief. So I advise you, not to believe it.

Treguard turns Matt to face the door.

Treguard: Turn now! Walk forward. *Matt walks to door* Your next few steps at least will be safe ones.  
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

DWARF TUNNELS

Matt exits into dwarf tunnels. They are dark and tinged green. He walks slowly along the tunnel.

Pickle: Why, this is...oh, wait Matt! These aren't...these are dwarf tunnels master, this isn't the way to go!

Treguard: Don't panic Pickle, you'll only put them off! I know, things have changed but then, don't they always?

Treguard walks over to the team and speaks to them.

Treguard: Listen team, Lord Fear has seized the advantage and now even Level 1 is patrolled by his minions. *Matt turns corner and keeps walking* These mine-workings go deeper and bypass his first line of defence. The great worm Smirkenorff is still a potential ally, as is his dragonrider Elita. But you have ways to go and paths to choose before you may call on them. *Matt's stopped walking at this point but soon starts walking again* Hurry now, for just as we have eyes below in which to see, so also does Lord Fear.

Matt passes through the door and enters the...

CHOICE OF PATHS ROOM

Razor: Matt.
Matt: Yep?
Razor: Right.
Matt: Where am I?
Razor: You're in a room...
Matt: Yep.
Razor: In front of you, there's a fall and there's also 4 blue cards. On the left...on your very left, the first one...

Treguard interrupts.

Treguard: Ah yes, the choice of paths. All equally dangerous, all equally rewarding. These are the four classic quests - the Cup that Heals, the Sword of Freedom, the Shield of Justice and the Crowning Glory. Choose just one and choose your pathway into peril.

The team discuss this and whispers of "crown" are heard.

Matt: What do you want me to do?
Ben: Um, okay Matt, could you take...
Razor: Take a step to your left.
Ben: A few steps left.

Matt sidesteps left a few spaces.

Ben: OK, stop.
Ben: Go right a bit.
Razor: Just shuffle right.
Ben: OK, that's it, stop, stop. Now go forward and stop when we say stop. Stop!

Matt walks onto the Crown symbol. The symbol glows and a small causeway with four paving stones appears.

Razor: Now Matt, you've got, um, I think it's...
Ben: Shuffle left a bit.
Razor: There's a platform in front of you now.
Ben: There's a platform in front of you.
Ben: So, walk forward slowly.

Matt walks forward VERY (and I mean very) slowly.

John: Keep going until I say stop. Stop. Shuffle to your right. Walk forward.

Matt enters the door.  
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

HORNGARTH

We see through the Eye Shield. A hedge is in view and a path leading to a hut follows.

John: OK, Matt, we're looking through the Eye Shield and you're in a garden.

Pickle: I don't understand this Master, this still isn't familiar, this can't be Level 1!

Treguard: Wait. Not familiar to you Pickle, but to me. This I think is Horngarth. *hut comes into view* A border post that guards the way between fair paths and foul. Any house you find here is possibly the last safe house on your quest, team. Advance with caution.

John: OK Matt, you're going into a hut...just going through the door now.

INSIDE HUT

Matt(arriving in hut with clue objects): Where am I?
Razor: Right Matt you're in a...you're in a hut which is made of wood.
Razor: Um, there's, I think it's sand beneath your feet. And you got a table, about a metre away from you *Matt walks to right side of table* to your left, to your left.
Razor: And there's a...and I think there's a basket on the floor.
Matt: Right.
Razor: Just go towards the table. *Matt is back behind the table* Can you see the table?
Razor: Now, what's on it. *view of items appears on screen*
Matt: The scroll...
Razor: Yeah, well pick up the scroll.
Matt: It says: *the scroll unrolls on screen* "To unfreeze, cry the reverse of EPACSE. To cross, take the uneven path". D'you want that again?
Ben: It's alright, it's written out Matt.

Team deciphers EPACSE as ESCAPE.

Pickle: Strange words, Master.
Treguard: Leads to strange paths...

Matt: We've got a crossbow bolt, a hammer, a Spyglass, a potion and some gold.
John: Matt, pick up the Sky...Spyglass and look through it.

Matt does just that.  
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

THROUGH THE SPYGLASS

View in Spyglass is of Lord Fear pacing backwards and forwards whilst talking to someone.

Lord Fear: Oh really? He didn't, did he? I know...I know. Well I've got no sympathy for you Skarkill! You crazed me and crazed me about *puts on voice* getting a Hobgoblin. And now you've got one, you can't control it! Well, it's not my fault it crushed your foot. You'll be wanting compensation next!

Skarkill: *his head and shoulders are seen in the Pool of Veracity, to Lord Fear it's like a video conferance - or something* Yeah, well, couldn't you give me some sort of spell just so I can restrain it, like...heh heh heh heh heh...lovely! Just so I can assert my authority, like?

Lord Fear: No, I couldn't Skarkill. Magic is not for minions, magic is for mages like me.

Skarkill: Well, 'ow about a load of one of 'em...*struggles to say mechanoid or something along those lines*...that ruddy great metal warrior thing you've just had built then, eh? That should scare him *laughs*, Tiny! Won't scare me, though.

Lord Fear: Fat chance, Skarkill! The Dreadnort is for scaring dungeoneers, not for boosting the authority of just-can't-cut-it-any-more Goblin Masters! Off you go Skarkill and get ready to intercept the first quest! *he waves his hand over the pool to dismiss Skarkill* There. It should've started about now. Yes...there it is. *the pool shows a view of Matt in the hut. Lord Fear utters some magic words and a lightning bolt strikes Matt* No, no, no, don't waste your time! At least, not until I've shown you my new toy. *view on screen of Dreadnort, a scary metal robot-type creature* Yes, children - this is Dreadnort and guess where he's headed.

John: OK Matt, put the Spyglass down. *Matt stays still*
Ben: Matt.
Matt: Yep?
Ben: Put the Spyglass down.
Treguard: He said he couldn't.
Pickle: He seems frozen, Master!
Treguard: Indeed he does.
Ben: Right Matt, say Escape.
Treguard: He can do nothing!
John: OK, spellcasting: e-s-c-a-p-e

Matt unfreezes and puts the Spyglass down. Pickle breaths a huge sigh of relief.

Pickle: Just in time, I hope. That Deadwart thing looks like a nasty brute, Master.
Treguard: Yes, I think he called it Dreadnort actually. Some sort of mechanical device powered with magic, quite illegal of course. I warned him 'til I'm blue in the face about creating paradox and anathema, but he won't listen. Well, hurry now team, that creation could be closing in on Matt as we speak!

Razor: Right now Matt, pick up the...look on the table again, pick up the gold.
Matt: Got it.

Hehe, there's more to come from that first ep of course, but that's all I managed so far! It took a few hours just to get everything from those few rooms! I've decided to take on the huge task of doing this for every episode I've got. It may take ages, but I'll have fun doing it and the finished result will be worth it! Besides, a lot of peeps on the forum don't have access to Sky so they can't see it - the scripts will help them remember and they'll laugh at the funny moments!

Oh, and when I can't make out something a ??? smilie will be used.  
Last edited by Velda on 05 Oct 2003, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Thats very nice but I wouldnt suggest writing out the whole series unless you have all the time in the world to xmas and beyond lol ;D.
Last edited by SrWilson3S on 05 Oct 2003, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Having transcripts of every episode available would certainly make this web site the most exhaustive tribute to any programme ever! :)
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hi Velda. Well done, it's a great idea. I remember you mentioning the idea before, and you really did it! Kudos to you.

I've got a few ideas/etc., also after having checked your KM dictionary type thingumy. Mind if I IM them to you?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Velda, this is excellent!

Claiming compensation indeed :D

If Matt went to pick up the spyglass first he wouldn't have been able to unfreeze himself.  Therefore a death would have happened within the first minutes of the Series.   Would they be that unfair?
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)