Dreamcast

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Dreamcast

Post by Moocowthingy »

Just to say I found your site whilst surfing around on my trusty old Dreamcast.  Realy cool site most things work well except of course sound clips and videos which mostly wont work on a Dreamcast.  Everything else seems to work great including the forum which is good cus other Yabb forums Ive tried to use realy arnt Dreamcast compatible.  Some of the extra Yabb features dont work but its nothing thats missed.

For anyone wondering what a Dreamcast is its a console the last one made by Sega and still the only console surfing the web despite the popularity of PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.  Anyone else got one?
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Dreamcast

Post by Snowcat »

Straying a little from the path here but, oh well..........

Haven't Sega just shutdown their servers for Dreamcast? You still able to get on-line?

Hear hear for the other consoles tho. HURRY IT UP OUT THERE!!!!
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Well I realy wasent trying to stray from the path, what I was saying is that this site works on a dreamcast.  I did consider that website feedback.

The online gaming servers for dreamcast have just been shut down in the USA by Sega-net but Sega europe continues to support its games.  At the moment I think the only online Dreamcast games left are Quake 3, Worms world party, and Phantasy star online versions 1 and 2.

Later dreamcast browsers alowed you to select ISP ( Im on Telewest ) so Dreamcasts  can surf the web until the hardware is no longer capible.

As you say, hurry it up to the other consoles .... I agree with that.  Dreamcast is old now yet it offers Websurfing, Online gaming, Live online chat, photo email, video email, and TV confrencing, if you know how to get hold of it all that is.  Ohh and a few unofficial VCD players.  How many new consoles offer that?.  The Dreamcast was a much under rated machine but now its just a piece of history.  I hope somwhere maybe another console can offer the same, but I doubt it.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

XBOX live is already out, havent got an XBOX so i cant comment, but i think online gaming is already working..

PS2 have just released their Ethernet Network Adapter, loads of games (including GT4) are planned for use with it. Not sure if any are available yet...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Yep Whitedevil Xbox live has been out for quite a long time now and looks rather good. IOn game chat is cool and many of the other features are great, my only reservation is that at the moment the online games seem very restricted to First person shooters and American sports titles.  There are some racing games and now also Phantasy star online ( RPG ).  As of yet though Xbox live doesnt have the variety of games to make me purchase it.

PS2 adaptor is also already out but very few games here at the moment and also like Xbox its Broad band only which is a shame.  In the USA its dial up or BB.

I dont have a PC so Im reliant on the Dreamcast for web surfing.  I have a 2nd phone lie and surf unlimited which combined costs me £18.  If I get Broadband for Xbox or PS2 thats another £25 a month which all adds up to a bit much.