Knightmare VR ruined the classic

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare VR ruined the classic

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hmm and there's me thinking that televirtual had been invaded by a certain American president ::). Personally I'd rather look like that then like:

(the one on the left that is not Julie :P)

Anyway merry Christmas everyone! 8)
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Dec 2004, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
TheIronMaiden
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by TheIronMaiden »

I for one will happily admit that I'd love to have Knightmare return in its classic form (epecially circa Series 5 for me!). But you have to wonder, if this was the case, wouldn't it be returning as a parody of itself? Knightmare deserves better. Also, consider that since we've seen the classic format done for a long time and at such a good standard, would a return to this hold our attention for long?

If Knightmare had continued after series 8 and progressively phased in this VR technology, I'm sure the fanbase would have accepted it with open arms. Unfortunately, the 10-year gap and sudden jump in style is going to be disorientating for many. I didn't like the pilot too much but I see the potential in it and hope a new series comes out of it :)
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by TuragaNuju »

Probably been said already - but the thing which made knightmare so great was having a real person fumbling about, going left instead of right, jumping a bit too far or too short. Having aperson at a keyboard will increase their accuracy and remove the funny skille dmoments

*Like there was one team who almost didnt make a jump and everyone, even Treguard sighed in releif!*
Treguard: "Ooh.. nasty. Still, We Can Have A Toilet Break Now - I'm Bursting!"
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

I think that really I don't mind how they do it, I'd just like a whole new load of kids to experience the sheer terror of seeing the Corridor of Blades for the first time. Bring it on!
Sidestep right.
Lewis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Lewis »

Well, if it's the only way we can have a knew series of KM, I don't mind.
Sidestep to the left!
No! The RIGHT!
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

I agree, anything is better than no Knightmare.

Also, I don't think creating a string with a complaint-style title is really a good idea. ::)
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u