Re:Challenge?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Stranger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Challenge?

Post by Stranger »

Who thinks Challenge? has done Knightmare a favour or betrayed the Knightmare fans? I think that Challenge? should see if they can sell the rights to BBC or ITV so everyone can watch it.
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Challenge?

Post by LordF »

In MY Opinion, I think Challenge has done every Knightmare fan a favor by reshowing Knightmare,

It ables us Knightmare fan to relive classic moments and relive old memorys.
Last edited by LordF on 03 Apr 2004, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

With respect, Stranger, what kind of a question is that? Taking the argument to its fullest logical extent, you appear to be suggesting that Challenge is committing a sin by broadcasting TV programmes. They're a TV company, what else are they supposed to do?

Challenge has done enormous amounts for Knightmare and its fans over the last year and a half. Yes, we'd all prefer KM to be on terrestrial so everyone can see it, but if the BBC or ITV had wanted to broadcast KM they would've done so years ago. They've had countless opportunities to buy up the rights to reshow the old series, but they repeatedly declined them. That's not Challenge's fault.

Challenge took a huge risk buying up SIX seasons of KM after it had been out of the public eye for so long. They've done us a hell of a brave favour taking that risk, and we should be thanking them profusely, 'cos nobody else wanted to show it!
Last edited by HStorm on 03 Apr 2004, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Challenge? are doing us a huge favour by buying the rights and showing it, something BBC and ITV have failed to do.

Is bad for terrestrial viewers but nowt can be done about that, Challenge? deserve nothing but praise for getting it back on our screens.
Last edited by Kieran on 04 Apr 2004, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Here here!
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I sypathise that some KM Fans can't see it on Challange because they don't have accses to Satalite or Cable TV.

BUT.

As stated the terestrial Channals had plenty of oppotunity to buy the television rights to Knightmare and declined to do so.

Challange desresv thanks for being prerperd to take the risk they took in aquiering Knightmare.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Stranger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stranger »

Well sorry everyone. I started watching it on Challenge? but then we stopped the subscription, so my beloved programme was cut off from me. I still think that BBC or ITV should get the rights though. And don't start complaining again. Think of people like me! I was annoyed that I couldn't watch it again.

I think it would be great if ITV or BBC could show it at Christmas or Easter but hey! I can't do anything. What do you say to that suggestion?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, like I said before, we AGREE that the BBC and ITV should show Knightmare again... but they're just not going to. They've been asked about it many times and each time they've said they're not interested. So Challenge bought the rights instead. If they hadn't, KM would still be in limbo right now and NO ONE would be able to watch it. How would that be any better?

And if the terrestrial channels were going to show KM at Easter, they would've made the decision months ago. It's far too late for them to include it in the schedules now. I'd also argue that Easter is the wrong time of year for a special showing of KM. It's a programme for the autumn and winter, not spring. Yes, Christmas would be good, but Challenge's contract may exclude that for several years to come.

By the way, what do you mean by "don't start complaining again"? The only person who appears to be complaining is you - rather unfairly I'd say, seeing who you're taking your frustrations out on. I very much sympathise that you can't see KM at the moment, but you should be criticising the BBC and the ITV networks for spurning so many opportunities, not Challenge for accepting one.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Just my two pence thrown in:

I think Challenge? have done the KM fans a huge favour since they DID put it on after we nagged asked them to :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, that's a fair point too. It's not as if Challenge's interest in KM was unsolicited. Instead it was just one of a number of channels that KM fans had sent requests to to show it. So if it's a failing that it's only on Satellite, the failing is ours, it's still not Challenge's.
Stranger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stranger »

I'm fighting a losing battle here aren't I? All I wanted to know is what people thought. I didn't want to get shouted at. And you HStorm are the main one. :'(

I wasn't complaining, as you think, but trying to defend myself against you lot.

:-\ I didn't know that BBC or ITV had kept turning down the rights to Knightmare, so maybe I should of put that in my first reply, but still, there was no need to bite my head off.

I put in that I started watching Knightmare when it was on challenge so therefore you should have thought 'Well he's a knewbie to Knightmare. We should tell him that BBC and ITV kept turning down the rights but instead you think ' He's been a Knightmare fan for ages, and he knows a lot about it. He should know that BBC and ITV kept refusing the rights to Knightmare so let's try and kill him

(Sorry if I caused any offence to anyone. Apart from HStorm)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Sorry if you thought I was shouting at you, Stranger, I wasn't. I was just pointing out that you're out of line to condemn Challenge without knowing the full facts first.

As for "trying to defend" yourself, you were the one doing the attacking. WE were trying to defend Challenge.

And we DID explain to you that BBC and ITV had turned the rights down. We didn't lambast you for not knowing it. But as I say, if you don't know the full facts you really shouldn't pass judgement in the first place.

That's all I was saying, so there's no need to get defensive. Hand-shake?
Stranger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stranger »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D; D; ;D 8)

Fine then 8) :D

Sorry about the offence bit at the end HStorm but I was under a lot of stress and that just clinched it.
Stranger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stranger »

Emii wrote: Just my two pence thrown in:

I think Challenge? have done the KM fans a huge favour since they DID put it on after we nagged asked them to :)
I liked the ending to that. I should get my details right when I start complaining open my mouth
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

No worries.

On a serious note by the way, Stranger, it is a genuinely good idea to avoid taking pot-shots at Challenge as they've been getting a lot of unjustified stick over the last year or so. The more it carries on, the less inclined they'll feel to keep showing Knightmare.

But still, no more need be said on the matter now. Welcome to the forum by the way. :)