Moment of Truth Tomorrow or Monday

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Moment of Truth Tomorrow or Monday

Post by Porsmond »

Well my Friends, It seems that tomorrow or Monday we will finally know the truth(What the hell are you on about I hear you ask)
Well Tomorrow(Sunday 26th Jan) or Monday(Monday 27th Jan) Challenge TV will be posting their Schedule for next weekend on their website, SO WILL KNIGHTMARE WILL BE ON THAT SCHEDULE, We can only hope. As you may be aware only the First 8 Episodes were scheduled I believe, so we can only hope and pray that Challenge will be contining to show Knightmare throughout February as well with the remaining 8 episodes of Series 3??

Of course I believe someone said the remaining 8 episodes would be shown anyway, but lets hope there is not a gap between showing them as it would be nice to wake up next weekend and continue watching Series 3 :)
Last edited by Porsmond on 26 Jan 2003, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Moment of Truth Tomorrow or Monday

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

According to the Sky EPG KM is scheduled for next Saturday as usual.  If it's repeats I don't know.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Yes that is correct, Knightmare will be continuing on Challenge? throughout February in the same slots.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
thrifty_squirrels

Post by thrifty_squirrels »

SING HOSANNAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
NeilJones
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by NeilJones »

Challenge change their transmit schedule every month, on the first of each month.  Always have done since they adopted this current look.

Sometimes it's only a minor few changes with the odd programme replacement.  However be prepared at some time for them to rip the entire schedule up and remake it, more common to do so with the weekends though, that.
Yes I'm still here. Do you know who I am?
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Well, you're all right, its been confirmed, I've just been to the Challenge website, and Knightmare is indeed scheduled for next weekend at the usual times at 10AM and 5PM, I dought they will repeats though, I'm sure its the rest of Series 3 :)

Now the BIG Question is, after Challenge show all of Series 3, will they continue to show Knightmare throughout March with a different series??

I sure hope so :)
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Hell, why shouldn't they?

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

I mean, they've shown just about all the old decent shows several thousend times, why not add a true classic to their regular schedules...

Besides, interest in the program will SURELY pick up on challenge once Tim Child {Eventually} releases the 'New' CGI Series 'pon the world. (IF and WHEN it is picked up, of course.)
Last edited by WhiteFloatingSkull on 27 Jan 2003, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Now the BIG Question is, after Challenge show all of Series 3, will they continue to show Knightmare throughout March with a different series??
I've been meaning to post much the same point as this. I've been thinking about the possible answers too.

At the moment Challenge? only have the rights to show Series 3. They can repeat it several more times within their current rights schedule. As people have stated, they like repeating what they have: it's not just ratings the first time they show things that are important to Challenge?, but the second, third, and umpteenth times. It took them a pretty long time after deciding they wanted to show it over Christmas and beyond to actually secure it. They also seem pretty disorganised: they get their announcements wrong, hardly ever respond to messages on their forum, and haven't updated their website front page so it's still advertising the Cult Christmas a month after it finished.

What I'm basically saying is to not be too disappointed if, after showing Series 3 in its entirety, they go on to repeat it again before doing anything else. Personally, I think they will eventually get the rights to show the other Series too and then, as is their habit, put the full 8 on a continuous loop. I suppose what might help is for people to go to their website forums and say how much they've enjoyed watching it and how they'd love to see the other series repeated too: it might nudge them in the right direction quicker than they would otherwise choose to take it. I'm not going to nag others to do so as I have in the past, however.  

Otherwise, I guess we all wait and hope. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
NeilJones
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by NeilJones »

Challenge have a "we can show this as many times as we want" type agreement with most of their programmes.  Crystal Maze, for example, has been on every single day for at least the last two and a bit years now, and they've shown every episode at least a dozen times by now.  Not surprising since they only made 83 episodes altogether...
Yes I'm still here. Do you know who I am?
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

What I'm basically saying is to not be too disappointed if, after showing Series 3 in its entirety, they go on to repeat it again before doing anything else.  
Obviously it would be brilliant to see a different series of Knightmare on Challenge, but I dont think I will be too disapointed as seeing any series on TV at the moment is fantastic as it is finally giving me a chance to record some episodes and keep forever.
I am definatly happy though that Challenge have decided to keep showing Series 3 throughout February, I was worried there would be a gap before showing the rest of the episodes so I am very relived to see I have something to keep me occupied over the next few weekends.
I definatly think though if Challenge has any sense, and if Knightmare is a success, they should try and get the rights to eventually show all series( 1-8 ) and show them on a loop like with many programmes, and I'm sure that over time, they will certaintly not regret making that decision.

Of course if they show Series 3 again on a loop for a while after all episodes have been shown, It is definatly better than nothing.
Last edited by Porsmond on 29 Jan 2003, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.