have you seen the Challenge adverts?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: have you seen the Challenge adverts?

Post by Porsmond »

I have asked on the challenge forums about ratings and we have been fobbed off. To me thats not a good sign, as if it was doing good they would shout about it.
Bananaman - Trying to get answers from Challenge about something is as hard as finding a needle in a haystack(In other words, you've got no hope) I know Challenge do give us answers sometimes but its rare so dont worry about it too much at the moment.

Also Illusion is right, I dont think the ratings for the week it started have been published yet so we will have to sit tight and see.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Trying to get answers from Challenge about something is as hard as finding a needle in a haystack(In other words, you've got no hope)
Whenever I post a question I wait a few days and end up thinking something about blood and stones. One thing that sometimes works is to do it like giving a child medication- cover it in sugar. So ask your question while also saying how much you love Challenge?, the GJs, the atrocious Karaoke Challenge etc.  

No, don't argue. It just is atrocious and you know it.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

One thing that sometimes works is to do it like giving a child medication- cover it in sugar.
Oh I'll have to try it sometime! Has Festus ever had to have medicine? If so how do you manage that?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

New Challenge? ad

Post by MoanaLiza »

Anyone seen the new Challenge? ad. I saw it for the first time this morning. It had a couple of Knightmare clips in, but it was too quick to see which series they are from. I did definately see a corridor of blades clip though. The new ad is definately no where near as cheesy as the last one though!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: New Challenge? ad

Post by Malefact »

Well, if the Corridor Of Blades is in it, that excludes series 1-3. I imagine it's series 4, since they already have the rights to show it.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, it's been shown quite a lot, for the new Action/Adventure slot in the mornings that will feature Knightmare and The Crystal Maze. I personally think it's much, much better than the old advertisement. At least they show some clips from the actual programme this time! The clips, by the way, are all from Series 3 and 4.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

how on earth did you deduce that considering Challenge only have the rights to show series 3 + 4  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It must look rather odd seeing series 3 and 4 clips mixed together like that. I imagine it would be a bit of a style clash.
Subject to change.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Hey all. Yep, I'm sure it's advertising the 'Action and Advanture' thing or other that Chellenge are focusing on from Monday. It's pretty hypocritical of them to hype KM up at all, given the fact that they're now to show it at 5am and 10am only from Tuesday (Monday holds some prime slots, I believe, and although I'm not totally certain, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the last of S3 ~ because I can see why S4, with likely fewer watchers would get such a poor viewing schedule. Saying that, although persoanlly I prefer S3, I think it's a waste of time and effort to show KM at those times of the morning. Sure, I'd watch it at 5am, but it's not feasible to most. How are any KM activists to prove a case hoping to attract any decent viewing figures with those showing times. I think Challenge? are giving up hope on S4 ~ real shame - and I hope that Takeshi's Castle really starts to scortch this next fortnight, because that's what's on so often, it'll burn holes in the screens. All I can say, is that for any program, people must have quite a limited taste to enjoy watching it alone all the time, especially T.C.  :( (shrugs)    ~KaM
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Good points there.

From a totally objective viewpoint, though, TC pulls in bigger audiences than any other programme of theirs (at least 20% more, I think, than their next-biggest). Their purpose is to get as many people watching as possible. Therefore, they don't see any reason why they shouldn't keep showing TC, and in the current high amount, either. If the ratings dip, they'll change the schedule. It hasn't, so they haven't. Km obviously cannot compete with TC so they've moved it out of the way to make room for a bigger audience draw. Dammit!
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Tomorrow holds the new timeslot as well as the old one to mark the fanale of series 3.  Also I just happend to notice that Knightmare will only be shown once next Saturday at 5am :o >:(, as far as I know. I don't know if it will be shown again early Sunday morning i.e. at 12 or 12.30am or somewhere around then though.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

What on earth are Challenge thinking of showing Knightmare at 10AM and 5AM ?? This looks like bad news for Series 5... I hope they see sense and give Knightmare its 6PM slot, or one that better suits it such as 7PM or 7:30...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Nods. :) I understand totally about the want for more viewers, and adjusting accordingly. Yet, and I'm sure the argument must have been put forward before, I wonder why Challenge are never wooried about future preservation for this type of show. They don't seem to be worried that in a month's time people could be pig-sick of T.C and not turn to watching it for a good few months afterwards. They seem strangely occupied about the present ~ we want lots of watchers TODAY, this week ~ worry about the future then. Given this, I hope T.C. does slump, because I think it would be justice done for a show of that quality that gussumps KM in terms of viewers to start showing a better representation of things! :)
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Ah, hang on a sec - wasn't series 3 moved to an off-peak time before Challenge went and got series 4?
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I can't see why Challenge can't keep the 11.30pm slot for us 'laties'. Also I think Knightmare's chances up high in the ratings are getting slimmer and slimmer, as Challenge? keep getting other shows like the mole! It wouldn't surprise me if they get Big Brother and I'm a celebrity, etc. etc. (more of those sort of shows) in the near distant future. I see it as Challenge? believing that todays viewers do not go for shows like Knightmare (they do not believe it will get the ratings that they want).