When you first Knew Knightmare was back on TV ;)

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

When you first Knew Knightmare was back on TV ;)

Post by MoanaLiza »

I know this may have been a while back but what did you think, say or what was your reaction when you first saw that Knightmare was being shown on Challenge?

With me it was one Saturday evening, when there wasn't much on the tele, that I was flicking through the digi-listings on through the Sky digiguide that I noticed Knightmare listed along the Challenge scheduals. When I saw it my reaction was something like ooh I remember that, that's that program that I used to watch when I was much younger. When I put it on at first I didn't realise that it was series three being shown, but for some reason I remembered quite a few things like the rooms and some of the characters quite clearly, but not so much the quests though. I believe series three was the first series I ever watched as that is the one I remember the most. I was a bit dissapointed though as I was (don't know why though) half expecting Pickle to appear. At first I thought that I was watching a later series because I remembered Pickle and series three quite well. I do not remember much of the other series though. Even after watching series 4 at least twice since being shown on Challenge, I still don't remember watching it when it was on originally in 1990.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 28 Sep 2003, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: When you first Knew Knightmare was back on TV

Post by Purgatory »

i thought. 'oh thats good news knightmare is back on tv look forward to seeing that again'
and carried on doing whatever i was doing.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I flicked on to it on a tired out day, I saw the end part of series 4 which was the first series i wathced and proceeded to watch series 3
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

It was the day day before Christmas and all through the house, nothing was stiring not even a mouse...

Nah, actually it was the 28th December 2002 and i came back to these forums after 4 months break. I read that Series 3 had been on, immediately swore out load that i had missed it, and started looking for when it would be repeated on Challenge.  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

I found out from reading this very site on the day it was announced!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I think I'd been going over to the Challenge forum every day to check on how it was going, and a few of us had been posting updates on the last KM forum as and when we got them. It was all very exciting, actually, and the discussions back then on the forum, AIM etc. really put into perspective all the little whinges people have now. "Gosh, we might actually get it back on TV." It all seemed to come out of the blue. Of course, there were naysayers, and I do like to periodically remind those certain people of how they said Challenge would never show it, that our efforts were in vain, or that somehow Challenge wasn't fit to show it. All that still makes me giggle, especially when a few of those people still claim eternal wisdom in all matters. ;)

I went to have a look at the last forum and the discussions on the topic. It's actually rather a pertinent time to mention it, since as far as I can see, it's almost exactly a year since the possibility was first raised. The first real post on the subject was on September 30th 2002, almost precisely a year ago.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, Challenge had already said that they were hoping to acquire series 3 which was extremely good news in itself - the very fact that were actively trying to get it was a monumental breakthrough. Still, it didn't stop me doing a lap of honour around the near-vacant computer lab when I learnt that they'd got it. :)
Subject to change.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I think my reaction was similar to my reaction on seeing the teaser ad for Season 7 back in 1993. In other words, I ran around squealing like a little girl. Nice to know I haven't matured any in the last ten years...
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I cant watch Challenge?, bicause I live in Finland...., but I think I'd react like I did after christmas when I thought that they woulnt show Knightmare. I remember it like yesterday, I jumped up and down yelling Knightmares on TV!! Woohoo! and I did a little dance... apparently I yelled too loudly since my neigbour came and told me to shut up or else :D
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 29 Sep 2003, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

... And did you have Nikki at the time? If so you should have sent Nikki after them or you shoud have threatened to get GG and Festus after them. I think Festus would have been more than happy with the thought of his next meal. Anyways GG if you're about, here's a couple of nice juicy wholesome bones on the work surface and I have made a nice meaty pie for Grimmy, which is waiting on the table for him. He better hurry up and get it before it gets cold!
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 29 Sep 2003, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Nope Nikki's 5 months old now and that happened in 1991 I think, but its a good idea accept that most of our neighbours have moved and the new ones arent bothered by me yelling  :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

[...] or you shou[l]d have threatened to get GG and Festus after them. I think Festus would have been more than happy with the thought of his next meal. Anyways GG if you're about, here's a couple of nice juicy wholesome bones on the work surface and I have made a nice meaty pie for Grimmy, which is waiting on the table for him. He better hurry up and get it before it gets cold!
Well, dearie, of course Festus and I, we'd have gone, but being as how geography isn't one of our family's strong points, I don't know if we'd have found the way to Finland. Where is it anyway, dearie? Is it that marshy bit past the quicksand- you know, dearie, just after you pass the Level One Asda? I do remember having a map of Level 1 once, except as it was drawn by your old pal Mrs. G. 'ere, so it only had our wellway room and my kitchen on it. Oh, and Grimmy ate it one day when 'e couldn't find a pie because some Smelly Sandra or whatever 'er name is 'ad gone and stolen it.

Oh, that reminds me, dearie. Thankyou for the lovely pie and bones. Both my 'ubbie and Festus 'ad a terrible 'uuunger, such as you know, dearie. Your kind gifts will mean old GG might get to watch Coronation Street in peace for once, except if the Brollachan keeps asking me as to which one is Deirdre every few seconds.  

And just such as I'm not accused of going off topic (and you know I'd never do that, dearie!) Festus says 'e learnt it was on Challenge when 'e 'ad a terrible 'uuunger one day and was about to eat the TV Guide. Except 'e spotted it in the schedules and decided to eat the wellway room curtains I'd just put up instead.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Well I'd been visiting the site for a while beforehand, and had just started posting messages on the forum, so I found out from the site.  I was really pleased for people who had Challenge?, but disappointed for myself because I wouldn't be able to see it (I didn't have Sky at that point so I missed out).  But once I got Sky (it got fitted the day Series 4 started being shown!) that was it!  ;D Addicted all over again - even more so this time 'cause I can analyse the episodes now! Oh yeah and I can watch them loads 'cause I tape them, hehe!
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

The first time I noticed KM was back on was when it was on Sci-fi.  I think I caught a few adverts and then I did my best to watch it.  With work though it was rather difficult and also Im realy I Knight owl so challenges times do suit me better.  Id say its a shame that Sci fi never kept up KM as I think its far more suited to that channel.  Besides KM, TC and the adventure game Chalenge is a pretty horendous channel.  Im not sure they are still showing the adventure game either.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Posted by: Grimaldine Grimwold              Posted on: Sep 29th, 2003, 11:01pm
Well, dearie, of course Festus and I, we'd have gone, but being as how geography isn't one of our family's strong points, I don't know if we'd have found the way to Finland. Where is it anyway, dearie? Is it that marshy bit past the quicksand- you know, dearie, just after you pass the Level One Asda?

Erm nope... first of all do you know where Russia or Sweden is? Finland is between Russia and Sweden.
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 30 Sep 2003, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.