Other 8 episodes to be scheduled

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Other 8 episodes to be scheduled

Post by Treguard »

8 episode scheduled as you know on Challenge after Christmas

I spoke with a contact i have at Challenge? and the other 8 episodes will be scheduled even if the ratings are poor (he stated that they would have to be seriously poor to be a concern and it looks doubtful there'd be any need to worry).

When they will buy the rest of the series is another matter.  One thing that could happen is if the ratings soar high, Anglia could see this and bump up the price of each series for them to buy.
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Other 8 episodes to be scheduled

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

8 episode scheduled as you know on Challenge after Christmas

I spoke with a contact i have at Challenge? and the other 8 episodes will be scheduled even if the ratings are poor (he stated that they would have to be seriously poor to be a concern and it looks doubtful there'd be any need to worry).

When they will buy the rest of the series is another matter.  One thing that could happen is if the ratings soar high, Anglia could see this and bump up the price of each series for them to buy.
Hey, well done in finding that out! I'm hopeful the ratings will be at least decent, but what your contact says is indeed encouraging.

As to what you say about Anglia, yes, I suppose that is a concern. It'll always be a concern when channels buy the rights to programmes one series at a time. Yes, it means they can pull out having not spent too much if things go badly. But as you say, the owner of the rights can get greedy if the show does well and they want to buy the rights to later series. However, Anglia are an experienced company, and I would think it would be better for them to be getting at least some money from someone showing the entire 8 series of KM than just having the reels collecting dust somewhere with no income attached. I'd guess, therefore, if it was successful, they might ask a little more, but not so much that Challenge? could no longer reasonably afford it.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Heavens, I really must stop beginning posts with "Hey".
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Hey, no trouble man!  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Hey, no trouble man!  ;)
James Aukett
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Didn't mean to post that message twice.
My computer's playing silly buggers again   ;D
James Aukett
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Hey,  ;D
we already knew that challege were going to air them, didnt we? i did...   :-/
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Hey, what happens when Knightmare becomes a success on Challenge?  Can some other channel buy the rights to the rest of Series 3 or the rights to the rest of the other series?

Then you have the situation of 2 different channels showing KM.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hey,  ;D
we already knew that challege were going to air them, didnt we? i did...   :-/
Hey there Purgatory!

We knew they would show the first 8 episodes. They hadn't scheduled the rest, so theoretically they might not have shown them. :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hey, what happens when Knightmare becomes a success on Challenge?  Can some other channel buy the rights to the rest of Series 3 or the rights to the rest of the other series?

Then you have the situation of 2 different channels showing KM.
Hey, I'm guessing Challenge? have the rights to show all of Season 3. It's just a question of how much they wish to show of it. As to the other series, I suppose someone else could bid for the rights, but I'd guess Challenge? would get in there first. I doubt very much you'd have two different channels showing KM (except if there's a new series on one channel and reruns on Challenge?, as is the case for Treasure Hunt at the moment). My feeling is that if it does sufficiently well in terms of ratings, Challenge? would buy the rights to all 8 series and show them on a loop, starting with Series 1 Episode 1 through to the end, then starting again at the beginning. That's their habit with other shows.

We mustn't get ahead of ourselves, though. It has to do well, first. :D
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hey,

You guys are just cruel in mocking my lack of originiality at the start of posts. :(
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

oh thats right, i cant remember

Just another day to go  :o
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Hey,

You guys are just cruel in mocking my lack of originiality at the start of posts. :(
Chill out mate
We don't really mean any offence  ;)
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Chill out mate
We don't really mean any offence  ;)
Hey hey, I know. Just kidding. I wouldn't have started that post with hey if I was offended. Probably would've started it with insults that the forum would have eaten. :)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Hey, can we cut this out?

Uh, anyway, yes. Other series of KM would be good, very good. That way we wouldn't have to buy all our tapes from traders. Now that NKTP has closed down and all...
Last edited by Pooka on 23 Dec 2002, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.