Smirkenorff puppet

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Smirkenorff puppet

Post by Canadanne »

Mark Cordory, who created the Series 8 version of Smirkenorff, has some photos of the puppet on his Facebook page - not sure if these have appeared anywhere else. I've certainly never seen that spelling of Smirky's name before - another variation to add to the list. ;) More photos can be found here on his website, along with the original concept sketches.

He also made props for RTD-era Doctor Who / Torchwood / SJA, which I wasn't aware of. And Talismen also worked on Maid Marian & Her Merry Men, which is right up there with Knightmare as one of the greatest kids' TV shows ever!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Smirkenorff puppet

Post by JamesA »

Brilliant, good to see some more "behind the scenes" shots of Smirky! Thanks again for sharing.

To be honest, I actually spelt it as "Smirkenoff" too for a while until I eventually remembered the correct spelling.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I've seen "Smirkenoff" before, but not "Smirkanov" which makes me imagine a dragon with a Russian accent. :)

There's probably no "correct" spelling of his name anyway, considering Pickle introduces him with "I would guess this is one called Smirkenorff. Or at least that's as close as I can get to the pronunciation."
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Mogdred »

Most delightful! As Smirky might say. :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Smirkenorff

Post by JamesA »

Mark Cordory, the man who gave us Smirkenorff recently posted on the Facebook page a link to his gallery of puppet creations, some of the shots featured display Smirky in action. The link below will take you to the relevant gallery:

http://www.markcordory.com/Site/Galleri ... tumes.html

Also, be sure to explore Mark's site in full by visiting http://www.markcordory.com
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary