Doctor Who

Discussions of the classic british sci-fi show.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Doctor Who

Post by Velda »

Seeing as there's an Off-Topic section in this forum now, I thought there should be a thread about Doctor Who, because a lot of people here are fans ;) This topic is for discussion of the WHOLE show, not just the new version!

I think we should start off with: what did we all think of The Waters Of Mars? I really enjoyed it myself, my favourite bit was at the end though when the Doctor went all Master-like and started ranting about how he was the Time Lord Victorious... 8-o
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Doctor Who

Post by Mystara »

I would suggest you avoid having a single all-encompassing thread. It makes it hard to find posts on a particular topic.

Start new topics as you need them. If the "Off topic" forum starts getting overrun by Doctor Who threads, I'll create a subforum for them.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I see what you mean, I hadn't really thought of that when I started the topic. How about this one just being about discussing new Who as it happens (i.e.) nothing before The Waters Of Mars)?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Same problem.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Mkay, my predictions as to what the two part finale will entail -

- The Master having a grand scheme that ultimately he loses control of.

- The Big Bad having some relevance to the presence from Midnight, or possibly The Beast from the Ood 2-parter in Series 2 (or even both).

- Gallifrey making a comeback.

- The big bad being Omega (a wild dream, but would be awesome).

- A copout ending with the strongest hint of Deus Ex Machina.

Thoughts?
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I'd love it if Gallifrey comes back permanently...and I can't see what else the Ood would mean by "it is returning", so I'll be disappointed if it doesn't.

There are rumours that Timothy Dalton's character "The Narrator" is Omega, especially since that photo of him dressed up in Omega's robes from "Arc Of Infinity" appeared on the web - I wouldn't be too surprised if that were true ;)

I've been avoiding recent spoilers from the press screening of Part One, I've read SFX's review - it's on their site - but it doesn't give away anything, so it's safe to read ;)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Dark Comet wrote:Mkay, my predictions as to what the two part finale will entail -

- The Master having a grand scheme that ultimately he loses control of.

- The Big Bad having some relevance to the presence from Midnight, or possibly The Beast from the Ood 2-parter in Series 2 (or even both).

- Gallifrey making a comeback.

- The big bad being Omega (a wild dream, but would be awesome).

- A copout ending with the strongest hint of Deus Ex Machina.

Thoughts?
Agree with all that except your use of the word 'hint'. From my experience of RTD's general standard of writing in the genre, I think you can substitute it with the word 'stench' without any fear of inaccuracy.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Okay, time to pre-empt any problems.
I have created a Doctor Who subforum which is specifically for the discussion of the aforementioned gentleman. This topic (which is too generic) will be locked.

Hopefully this will give the topic some structure and eliminate the need for giant "discuss all" threads, which are so hard to navigate.