Enter... Wong

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Enter... Wong

Post by DavidNewton »

"Yoooo, let me introduce meself!" - Sheriff of Huddersfield.

Well, I'm Wong Chung Bang (it's a long story). You may remember me from such message boards as Z2, Iron Maiden, The Daily Click, GameFAQs, Modplug, and so on. Actually, I've only met someone on two boards at the same time once, but you never know.

A bit about myself, then. I'm 18, from the UK, and discovered this site (which is great, incidentally) when I should have been studying a few months ago. I hadn't thought about the programme for ages, despite it being taped every week by my mum for me when I was six. (That long ago...?)

I can safely say that this was one of the best children's programmes ever - they just don't make 'em like they used to. Sadly I don't have Challenge TV so I can't watch the repeats, but over Christmas I searched through some old videos and compiled this list of Knightmare that I have... (anyone who's nowhere near as sad as myself, look away now).

? = Not found.
X = Definitely don't have it.

Series 3 - About five minutes of one of the last teams of the series ("Chris"), taped by accident.

Series 4 - 10/16 episodes.

S4E1: X (Don't have this, hadn't discovered the programme yet)
S4E2: X (Someone taped Inspector Morse over this one) <¦-(
S4E3: Quest 1 death, Quest 2 start.
S4E4: ?
S4E5: Quest 2 death, Quest 3 start (only just)
S4E6: ?
S4E7: ?
S4E8: ?
S4E9: Quest 4 death, Quest 5 start
S4E10:Quest 5 death, Quest 6 start
S4E11:Quest 6
S4E12:Quest 6
S4E13:Quest 6 WINS, Quest 7 start
S4E14:Quest 7 death, Quest 8 start
S4E15:Quest 8
S4E16:Quest 8 survives until end of series

Series 5 - 13/16 episodes.

S5E1: Quest 1 start
S5E2: Quest 1 death, Quest 2 start
S5E3: ?
S5E4: ?
S5E5: Quest 3
S5E6: Quest 3 death, Quest 4 start
S5E7: ? (At least, that's where I think the missing episode is)
S5E8: Quest 4 (Missed first part of this)
S5E9: Quest 4 WINS, Quest 5 start
S5E10:Quest 5 death, Quest 6 start
S5E11:Quest 6
S5E12:Quest 6 death, Quest 7 start
S5E13:Quest 7 (Missed start, but not much of it)
S5E14:Quest 7 death, Quest 8 start
S5E15:Quest 8 death, Quest 9 start
S5E16:Quest 9 survives until end of series

Series 6 - 9/15 episodes.

S6E1: Quest 1 start
S6E2: Quest 1 death, Quest 2 start
S6E3: Quest 2
S6E4: X (Saw it at someone else's that week, I remember)
S6E5: ?
S6E6: ?
S6E7: ?
S6E8: Quest 4 death, Quest 5 start
S6E9: Quest 5 (Cut off very near the end)
S6E10:Quest 5
S6E11:Quest 5 WINS, Quest 6 start
S6E12:Quest 6
S6E13:Quest 6 death just before the end, time out as well. <¦-(
S6E14:?
S6E15:?

Series 7 and 8 - ???

I'm sure I have episodes from Series 7 and 8 somewhere, but no luck as yet. I've got just over 12 hours of the programme in total, I think.

Looking forward to talking with more Knightmare fanatics. And I'm sure I'll think up a better signature soon.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
LordFear
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Enter... Wong

Post by LordFear »

Welcome to the board, Mortal.

I am also a gameFAQ's user. What boards did you/do you freqeunt?

Fear
Live in Fear....
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Here's the list, if you want it...

Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 (Don't go there often, too many morons)
Rollercoaster Tycoon (Pretty much dead)
Syphon Filter 1 and 3 (See above)
Silent Hill
Unreal Tournament
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy 7
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hello there, Wong.

Your video collection sounds a lot like mine. Mine is also on about 100 different tapes since I was too disorganised to record successive episodes on the same tape back then. Grrr.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Hello there wongworth. I'm Emii, and this one by my side is Kully. We're elves, but I do all the posting cos Kully can't be bothered to register.

(Kully: "Welcome to the board")

Yes, that too :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

awwwwwwww man sounds like you have a great video collection of Knightmare, Sadly I dont have any on tape  because although I did record most of them when they were first shown, the tapes which they were on have all sadly been lost, I have actually searched through a few tapes recently in the hope I may find some, but its pointless.
Thank heavens for Challenge TV showing some repeats of Series 3, because I now happly have the first 4 Episodes on tape with a big label on it saying Knightmare, so I'm hoping my mum or dad wont go over it, and Oh yeah The Tape is also under Lock and Key(I'm serious ;) ) so there is actually no one that could possiblty get access to it anyway, and the reason I want to do it is so I have some memories of Knightmare to watch over the next few years because I know that if I just leave the tape lying around, someone in my family will come along and use it to record something else.

Anyway welcome to the Boards, and why not try to convince your parents to get Sky Digital, because I think if Knightmare is successful, I think they might eventually show every single series which would be wonderful, then you could complete your tape selection :)
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

"The Tape is also under Lock and Key" - I can understand that. <¦-)

Well, I had to go through about sixty thousand (well... perhaps as many as a hundred, anyway) tapes from an old chest where the family stored all my childhood videos, many of them unlabelled or labelled wrongly. It got easier after a while because I learnt what programmes were likely to appear on the same tapes (Hart Beat, Through the Dragon's Eye, and so on). This of course made the tape listings look a bit out of place...

Storytime
Words & Pictures
Knightmare
Look and Read

My tastes were varied even then, I suppose.

My parents have been thinking about getting digital TV for a while, but haven't got around to it. This sounds really strange, but in a way I'm sort of hoping they don't show them from start to finish as it would decrease the 'rare' quality of my video collection!

No, of course I want them shown again - especially as I can't find anything from S7/S8. I'm sure I had them somewhere, it's a mystery. My little brother (aged 3 then) had the habit of crawling across and switching off recordings at that age, so maybe that's where they went... <¦-( Strangely enough, when we were watching them again he remembered Scarkill ("Lovely!"), and I didn't.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

And thanks for the welcomes, everyone.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Thought up a better signature, as promised - from Gamma Ray's "Tribute to the Past", and sort of appropriate to this forum.