Cliff Barry in EastEnders, Coronation Street and more

Projects of the cast and crew of Knightmare.
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Cliff Barry in EastEnders, Coronation Street and more

Post by BrotherStrange »

Greetings,

On his Facebook status update, a certain Cliff Barry has put: "{Cliff Barry} is currently involved with a BBC drama called East Enders which he hopes will be successful."

I don't watch said soap, but is he appearing in it at the moment? Or is his appearance imminent one wonders?

I can just see him playing a sinister character in it; although not one with green skin, I suspect
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Clifford Barry

Post by BrotherStrange »

From what I gather we should look out Cliff Barry in EE, towards the end of this month.

I shall try to find out how long he is the soap long for, and who/what he plays...
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Clifford Barry

Post by Canadanne »

About time I looked up some Cliff Barry clips...

- He was in Coronation Street a couple of months ago, playing a policeman. He turns up right at the end of this episode and is in the very first scene of this one, with the concluding bit at 2:22. He previously played a barman at 4:01 in a 2005 episode.

- As Brother Strange mentioned at the time, he was in a few episodes of EastEnders in 2008. Unfortunately the first couple haven't been uploaded as yet, so I'm not really sure who his character was supposed to be, but perhaps his final appearance - a short scene with Bianca - can be seen here at 1:23.

- At 8:52, a scene from Jekyll in which he plays a security officer.

- Playing another barman in Adventure Inc. at 9:16. It's also on YouTube if you want to see it dubbed into German...!

- Playing a rather angry policeman in Casualty at 8:59 and 1:44.

- Playing a port official in The Man Who Cried at 2:20.

- Playing another (less angry) policeman in Dalziel & Pascoe at 5:25.

- At 2:58, here's Cliff as a prison warder in The 10th Kingdom, having his keys nicked by an invisible trollness. He has further scenes at 5:34, 4:10, 5:08 and 3:16. While we're talking about The 10th Kingdom, you may find the village featured from 1:42 onward to be oddly familiar... what is it about that place and wolves?!

- Getting on the wrong side of a drug dealer in Jonathan Creek, from 0:49 and at 3:08.

- And finally, Cliff's showreel includes a clip from Doctors and a Homepride advert he did.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne wrote:As Brother Strange mentioned at the time, he was in a few episodes of EastEnders in 2008. Unfortunately the first couple haven't been uploaded as yet, so I'm not really sure who his character was supposed to be, but perhaps his final appearance - a short scene with Bianca - can be seen here at 1:23.
Found another short clip of Cliff in EastEnders, which at least explains who his character was - it's here at 2:18.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne wrote:He was in Coronation Street a couple of months ago, playing a policeman. He turns up right at the end of this episode and is in the very first scene of this one, with the concluding bit at 2:22. He previously played a barman at 4:01 in a 2005 episode.
Cliff seems to have a recurring role as a copper in Corrie. He's made further appearances in October (16:51), January (6:31) and March (3:17).
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

He turned up in Corrie again earlier this month - go to 3:57.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Never heard of this before - a short film from 1998 called 'The Letter' which stars Cliff Barry.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Both the trailer and a short selection of scenes for "You All Know Me - I'm Jack Ruby" are now available to watch on Youtube.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

JamesA wrote:Both the trailer and a short selection of scenes for "You All Know Me - I'm Jack Ruby" are now available to watch on Youtube.
This is great - thanks for the links, James!

Am I right in thinking Cliff is one of the Vikings in this advert?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Was just watching something I recorded last night, and spotted Cliff Barry at the end of Coronation Street (the scene at 21:15). It's continued at the start of the second episode.

If you want to catch these on ITV2, the omnibus is tomorrow at 9:35am, and the episodes are repeated on Monday at 6:25am / 6:55am and 1pm / 1:30pm.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Wow! Although i don't watch it but my other half watches it, the voice of the policeman caught my attention! I was then thinking where have I heard that voice from?! Then i actually looked at the screen and thought he looks familiar! I forgot to see the end credicts and forgot about it until you have brought it up! Unusual to see him play a good guy though!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Cliff's latest appearance in Corrie was on the week before last - he can be seen here in the scene at 10:23.

Btw, if anyone wants to see a repeat of his 2002 appearance in Casualty, it's on the Freeview channel Really at 10:30am next Monday (2nd September).
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Always good to see Cliff. Bit strange seeing him as a cop as opposed to a bad guy though!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.