The Eye Shield Issue 59

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

The Eye Shield Issue 59

Post by Eyeshield »

... is now available on the "TES New Issues" page, or you can click on www.knightmare.com/tes/issue59 if you're too lazy to go there!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The Eye Shield Issue 59

Post by Fidjit »

Nice issue today ES. I also looked at the Classic Kids Show section and noticed that Jimmy Hibbert voiced Dr Van Gooswing in Duckula (Wasn't Van Helsing/Gooswing supposed to be Dutch?) But Hibbert voiced Bluey in my favourite show: The Avenger Penguins (Which I own on DVD)

Nice read though mate. Can't wat for the next one 8)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Thank you very much, Fidjit. :)

Van Helsing may be Dutch but Von Goosewing is German (hence the changing of "Van" to "Von") which allows for several "hilarious" scenes involving the use of the word "nein", as well as Goosewing's favourite expletive, "By the Lederhosen of mein great-grandfather!"

Having watched Count Duckula on DVD recently, I have nothing but praise for the versatility of Jimmy Hibbert's voice acting. I enjoy his Avenger Penguins voices too, including Bella, Harry Slime and one of the Badly-Drawn Brothers.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I was always under the impression that von Goosewing was meant to be Austrian, although come to think of it, I've no idea why.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I guess he could just as easily be Austrian as German, going by his native tongue. It's never explicitly stated on the show.