Least favourite!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Non-moving skulls...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Nothing would frustrate me more than having to see a perfectly good 'skull' moment go to waste. They would just sit there, looking sinister, but actually do nothing to follow the threatening presence up.

I also didn't like the skull's being replaced with Storm-gheists. They looked dorky, and nowhere NEAR as evil looking as the originals...
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Least favourite!

Post by RoxxAatherton »

What do storm geists look like again?

In my old age I've forgotten

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Prophet_Tenebrae
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Prophet_Tenebrae »

Surely part of the fun is the idiocy of both parts of the team? The inept and fumblign dungeoneer, guided by his dull witted cohorts who can't get Treguards heavy handed hints...

I think my least favourite bits were when teams were obviously just allowed to win for no real reason than to actually have some winners. Series 4 when Merlin runs out of nowhere to save a team who have completed their quest springs to mind.
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Surely part of the fun is the idiocy of both parts of the team? The inept and fumblign dungeoneer, guided by his dull witted cohorts who can't get Treguards heavy handed hints...
Yeah, sometimes this can be funny, but sometimes like in Kellys Series 3 Quest (I think) it can be very frustrating and painful to watch. Their door was clearly marked with their Quest Object but they went through the wrong door....Still it can be humourous to see an incapable team get rather far into their quest.

I also have to agree on Floating White Skulls->StormGeists
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

In Series 6, there are some darn spooky moments.  These are:

1)  The Causeways with the Frightknight on them.  When the sword was moving it was, like, "Eek! Get a move on!".  I hated it when teams died on them, for example Team 1 - they were too slow.  The incidental music used here was spooky too!

2) Storm Geists.  Horrible, ghastly things.  Get them away from me!  Pookas were a bit disturbing too (though not as scary an appearance as the S4 ones), especially with the added burbling noise they made.

3) Dark Dwarf Tunnels - dark, spooky...I'm a dungeoneer-get-me-outta-here!

4) Lord Fear putting his hand into the adventure.

5) Dreadnort.  Even when I see it now, it gives me chills! *shudders*

I don't hate any of these, they're my least favourite moments purely because they're scary as hell!  :-[
Last edited by Velda on 29 Jul 2003, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Yeah, sometimes this can be funny, but sometimes like in Kellys Series 3 Quest (I think) it can be very frustrating and painful to watch. Their door was clearly marked with their Quest Object but they went through the wrong door....Still it can be humourous to see an incapable team get rather far into their quest.

Yeah I agree - Kelly's team seemed completely inept - and even before they went through the wrong door, one of her advisors told her to go through the door striaght in front of her when she was standing behind the dice-table - she can't *see* it, you idiot! That's the *point*, you have to *guide* her!  Does anyone else find themselves talking/yelling at the TV while watching Knightmare? I do so hope it's not just me... ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Prophet_Tenebrae ???
when did merlin apear of out nowhere to allow the team to win during seaon 4?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

What do storm geists look like again?

In my old age I've forgotten

;D
The series 6 Stormgeists looked like large skulls with eyes and were accompanied by a high-pitched whistling sound.

Prophet_Tenebre: Do you mean when the series 4 winning team picked up the crown and Treguard summoned Merlin? Those were the days before a team also had to redeem their quest object as well as find it.
Subject to change.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

I think its in series 3 that a team dies in level 3 due to one wrong question.  They are asked by a Goem a question about stone circles to which the answer is Avebury.  Later in level 3 they get a one in 4 or 5 chance to continue by choosing a path.  Had they got the question right they would have known which path to take.  What I dont like is this team did very well previously on all the questions they had.  I definatly think the Golem should have asked more questions.

Im also not keen on Lord fear, he just seemed no where near as evil as the earlier opposition.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

The series 6 Stormgeists looked like large skulls with eyes and were accompanied by a high-pitched whistling sound.
Thanx maley, is there pictures of them anywhere?

and why were they called stormgeists? Why not, the scary floating skulls of doom? What's all that about?

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Here's a picture of one:

Eesh, I don't like them! 'Geist' is German for ghost, but I don't know why they're called 'Storm Geists'.
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

The episode a couple of days ago, with that team in the dice room.

Treguard: "You may have to take a gamble..."
Advisor: "So, what do you think...(etc)"
Treguard: "You gamble on a dice..."
Advisor: "Aim for a six?"
Treguard: "Just have a go!"

I think Treguard would've spellcast E-X-P-L-O-D-E on them if they had continued.
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Ooh, thanx for the pic Velda, they were bloomin scary weren't they, and not exactly stormy either, but I would've hated them as a little kid.

And I think the spell would have been...

'S.H.A.D.D.U.P.A.N.D.R.O.L.L.T.H.E.B.L.O.O.M.I.N.D.I.C.E'
Kawaii
Foxxy Roxxy
CautionTeam
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by CautionTeam »

What always made me laugh is when the dungeoneer would walk into a room where there is a limited time for them to get out (such as a bomb room) and they would ask "where am I?"  Then the advisors would spend ages explaining the room and its layout, ignoring the obvious immediate danger. :o
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

What always made me laugh is when the dungeoneer would walk into a room where there is a limited time for them to get out (such as a bomb room) and they would ask "where am I?"  Then the advisors would spend ages explaining the room and its layout, ignoring the obvious immediate danger. :o
Yeah, they should've just said 'Shuttup and sidestep left, we haven't got time for inane ramblings, we've gotta get outta here!'
Foxxy Roxxy