Teams with related members?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Teams with related members?

Post by MoanaLiza »

I was looking through the series guides yesterday curiously wondering which teams had members who are related to each other. Does anyone know who in which teams who are related to each other?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Re: Teams with related members?

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Barry Thorn (series 7 the one we all know and love) had his little brother Derek Thorn on his team
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Nods. Also, the winning team in S6 (is it a recurring theme?) - the dungeoneer, Ben, and advisor Nat are brothers. It has slipped my mind should there be more, altho pretty likely. If nobody adds any, and I find any more examples, I'll chirp up, edit, and add the necessaries. :)
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Actually, I think it's Dicken and Dominic who are brothers (surname Hess, I think).

Having siblings in a team seems to be quite a successful trait - two members of the team knowing each other very well indeed would allow for better interaction, particularly if one of them is the Dungeoneer.
Subject to change.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I don't think you are, I'm afraid. I can't remember what Tim's surname is but it isn't Hess.
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think Dunstan and Alex s8 were brothers. Look at the picture on the series guides and also the names on the winners page, both last name Roberts. Same applies really to team one s7 Simon and Nick Herd. Also there was also the girl team right after the winning team s5. Also are two of the advisers from t3 s7 related? as they look somewhat alike.
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

I'm sure I remember seeing a team that had a pair of twins as advisers.  Maybe my mind's just making it up though  ;)
I think it makes sense to have a sibling on the team, particularly if you're the dungeoneer.  You'd have probably watched it together, and knowing each other well would certainly help.  I would have had my bro on the team if I'd been on KM  ;D if only so he could use his bank of useless knowledge to answer the clue-questions  ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

When I saw Jeremy's team (s4) at first on Challenge I don't know if it was just me but I thought Jeremy looked a bit like Alexandra, one of the advisors (the one in the pink trousers. It might of been just me though as he doesn't so much on the series 4 guide
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Amanda and Anthony Weaver were two of the advisors on that team, so are almost certainly related. As for Jeremy and Alexander, I can't remember.
Subject to change.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

I don't think you are, I'm afraid. I can't remember what Tim's surname is but it isn't Hess.
Dicken and Dominic, not Tim. ;-)

Their surnames are indeed both Hess; Tim's surname is Herbert.

Edit: Um, actually, I'm confused as to who you're replying to.  In the absence of a quote, it looks like you're falsely contradicting yourself :-)
Last edited by Dan on 12 Aug 2003, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I was thinking the same thing just now when I read but thinking again I think that there was a post in between the two which has since been deleted!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It has been deleted, yes. I hope I didn't cause any offense.  :(
Subject to change.
DeadDungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DeadDungeoneer »

Hiya, just joined this forum.
Thought I'd add to this thread... my sister and I were on a team together, and we're related obviously  ;D  Team 5, series 5.
I was dungeoneer, she was team captain. Did it help us being related? Um, not really! Took me a long time to forgive her for getting me killed!  >:(  ;D
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

Hiya Jenna - it is Jenna, right? - and welcome to the forum! It's always nice to have ex-contestants in this place. I wasn't on the show myself - I was a little young.

*does calculations*

Let's see... I started watching in S5, that was 1991, and I was six years old - therefore I was nine years old in S8 - I don't think it had crossed my mind to apply, at that point, even though I had three very good friends who could've been my advisors...
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hiya, just joined this forum.
Thought I'd add to this thread... my sister and I were on a team together, and we're related obviously  ;D  Team 5, series 5.
I was dungeoneer, she was team captain. Did it help us being related? Um, not really! Took me a long time to forgive her for getting me killed!  >:(  ;D
Hi! Nice to have a Dungeoneer in the ranks (and being dead doesn't matter that much in here ;D). Welcome!
Subject to change.