Barry Topic

Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Barry Topic

Post by Emii »

Right. It appears some people on this forum still don't know who Barry is. Can people please contribute to this thread to explain why Barry is the most famous dungeoneer in the history of Knightmare.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Barry Topic

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Barry is the dungeoneer of series 7, team 7 (see the series guide for deatils of the quest). A lot of people say that Barry himself was funny.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Rather than just obeying his advisors, he interacted properly with both them AND the characters. The team itself were very confident and treated the quest as something they enjoyed rather than a chore, as many teams seem to look as though they didn't really want to be there before.

Plus the team passed and won with flying colours.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you, that's helpful. My memories of Series 7 had faded.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

His quest is one I would certainly want to watch again. I do remember it (albeit not very well), and I do recall it being good... though I'm not sure whether I'd say he's the best or not. He does have a couple of rivals in my eyes. :)
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

He is the Dungeoneer in sereis 7 who was responsibale for the defeat of "The King Of Trolls" Bullstrode when he retrived the Troll Hammer which Traguard used to kill Bullstrode.

Barry apperd to have forfited his quest to retrive the Troll Hammer but was in for a supprise (I won't spoil it in case Challange decides to show it at some point in the futeur or a DVD is relesed needless to say Lord Fear is left Doubalbley unhappy.)

Deffinatly a top contender for the best quest of all time.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Even from just reading the synopsisi on the main site then it reminded me of how good he was, a great quest and a good example of how KM teams should be!
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Let's be honest, a barry topic without me is like Grippa without Rhark. Exactly. Barry is the biggest legend in KM and should be cast as Treguard's knew assistant!! Barry was not a dungeoneer. He was a person involved in the show. Never before or since will you find someone talking to the characters as if they were *real* - he didnt play the game, he took part in it. Another thing was he did exactly as he was told, and never panicked - example: When faced with hammer/shield he said: "Guys, there's no point in me getting the shield if there's no Knightmare Castle" - "Ok barry" (Derek)  -  "We'll take the hammer" - so thoughtful! And before he took fast backwards, (Adv) - "Barry, you're in a room. there's a portcullis behind you and a portcullis in front of you" (Barry) "Team, there doesnt seem to be anything to do except take the potion" (Adv) "Ok barry, take the potion" (Barry) "Im taking the potion" - Genius!! Seriously tho, after watching them, i wondered that if all teams worked together and thought at all logically, everyone would win! They all made it seem beatable. Barry = Hero. Fact.
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

i think the thing i liked about barry was the roleplaying.  barry interacted with the characters, tried to convince them to do things and didn't have to be prompted by the NPCs to speak or get hinted into what he should say.

make sense?
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Definately! No-one in the team needed to be prompted at all. They had proper discussions out loud - none of this whispering "what shall we do?" and also the dungeoneer was involved in these discussions rather than just being a tool - it just seemed so natural to them. They were the first group that acted like confident young adults and made good viewing at the same time.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I know Barry's posted on the forum before - someone should let him know this topic's here....  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

all in favour of a Barry Appreciation day next time S6 is shown?
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Errr Your Lordship.

Don't you mean S7?

He did apper in S7 not S6.
Last edited by Skarkill on 21 Nov 2003, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Definately! No-one in the team needed to be prompted at all. They had proper discussions out loud - none of this whispering "what shall we do?" and also the dungeoneer was involved in these discussions rather than just being a tool - it just seemed so natural to them. They were the first group that acted like confident young adults and made good viewing at the same time.
Well, I guess that's one thing he can have over Martin  (S3T11). :) Although Martin did but in when the advisors were discussing in hushed voices with "stop whispering!" (Yes, in case you hadn't guessed it he's my top runner for best dungeoneer - though as I said I haven't seen Barry's quest in a while and this thread just makes me want to see it again even more!)
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Barry was the best dungeoneer ever!  He and his team really made me laugh and I can't wait 'til it's shown on  Challenge!  ;D