Series 6

JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 6

Post by JamesA »

And what were everyone's favourite memories of Series 6?

Mine were the winning team (Team 5), also teams 1 & 3 were remarkably outstanding, the better causeways with those sound effects (spooky!), also the introduction of Sidriss and the ship (Cloudwalker) - very good!

In fact in my opinion Series 6 as a whole is very good and has become my favourite series of them all  ;)

;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 6

Post by Kieran »

S6 was full of very very good ideas, and some excellent teams.  I also think Lord Fear was at his best this season, and the Dreadnaught was superb.

The NEW theme tune and titles worried me at the time, I really did not like the Dungeoneer, but as time passed, I got used to them, even if the end of the music is a bit...well I dont think it was as dramatic as the other versions/

I will give it a good 9 out of 10, reason being S7 is just that little bit better.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I almost forgot the introduction of this little fellow on the right:

James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I thought the new title sequence was rather spiffy. And I thought the ending of the new music was the best part. LOL, sorry to disagree with you, Kieran. I liked the fadeout of the scream/sigh/whatever thing at the end. Merged with Treguard's opening sentences I thought it was great at setting up the appropriate atmosphere, whereas the previous ending I thought was, well, a bit abrupt.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The causeways were also perfect at creating tension, as these exhibits show:

James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

What I liked about Series 6:

- The new titles. Woo, lovely.
- The Dreadnaught. However it's spelt, it was pretty scary.
- Smirky's voice. A really nice touch.
- Greystagg. A genuinely interesting character, and I think it's good to have someone whose motives we're unclear about. Deciding whether to trust her or not adds an interesting dimension to things.
- Sidriss. I suppose she's someone the watching kidsies can identify with a bit. I thought she was much better than the assorted maids and such who might be comparable. And the idea of Hordriss having such a silly daughter is good: a nice counterpoint to his pride and ambition. And Series 6 doesn't turn them both into objects of ridicule, unlike some. ;)
- Team 2's death with the Dreadnaught is great. I love the scene before with Heggatty, too. "Firestones no good to Heggatty" indeed. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yes, I have whinging points too:

- Some of the characters that are kept from the last season. No names, although a certain elf brat springs to mind.
- I really miss the teams who die early on in their quests.
- The Blockers are getting boring. I miss Granitas too.
- The new life force skeleton. It's okay, but it doesn't really compare to using the face all the time.
- Ridolfo. Oh dear.

Not a whinge, but I felt slightly sorry for Team 4. I thought using the weapons of the Opposition had always been a no-no. Like not casting Mogga's spells and such. I think I'd have been tempted to sell the darn ring, too, having exhausted the alternatives.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Mama-mia, there's nothing a-wrong with Ridolfo!  ;D
James Aukett
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Certainly not, he was fab! Well...I liked him anyway!  :)
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...WOK!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...WOK!
I left Ah Wok out of my dislike list, since I know a lot of people really like him. But I still didn't think much of him. None of the traders really captured my imagination, apart from Rothberry, who was just fantastic.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

My favourite reason for Season 6 is it was, if I remember rightly, the season when they introduced THAT incidental music. The one used for Causeways, Trial by Spikes, etc. A really simple piece of music with just a couple of notes, but it changed those moments from merely tense to gut-wrenchingly "Omigodhe'sgonnagetkilled!!!"
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Series 6?  I'm getting that one on video!  ;D

Here's my likes and dislikes based on the clips on the site and vague memories of it (although it won't be vague memories for much longer!).

Smirky having a voice and again those lovely views when he was flying.
The all-new dwarf tunnels - I much prefer them to the ones used in Series 3 (sorry, fans of old dwarf tunnels!).
The 'swirly' (that's the only way I can describe it)incidental music used when one of the dungeoneers (can't remember which one though) is talking to Captain Nemanor.
Rocks Of Bruin - I thought they sounded and looked quite mysterious.
Captain Nemanor's ship and the creaking it made!
Sidriss - Ditzy or what?  In a good way of course, hehe!
The appearance of the huge green Pookas.

Dislikes:

The noise the Pookas made - kinda disturbing!
Storm Geists - their faces scare me!

Can't think of any more dislikes just now, really - but I'll let you know of any more once I've got my video :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Two scares for the price of one:

James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

[quote]
Captain Nemanor's ship and the creaking it made!/quote]

Yes! That was really good. I liked it when the below decks parts of the ship were used too, although I can't recollect exactly when it was. The Eye Shield part there looked really gothic. Very atmospheric, along with the creaking.