Change from Series 4 to Series 5

knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Change from Series 4 to Series 5

Post by knightmaredave »

doesnt everyone think that at the end of s4 the endingf was nagff with the whirlwidnto say the dungeon ust lcose was very crap and unfair on Giles team who almost won if tim child knew trhe mogdred merlin scenario was wearing thin then surely we should ahve had a battle between them to make tgheir ending not soo depressing (it depressde em they were about 3 rooms from winnin i feel!!) also the lord fear introducion was poorly done (WOW CRITISISNING HERE!)
if treguard had explained in his opning creidt ggoday travweller much has changed here is the new oppostion we would have understood more but there again itb was a suprise and km awa aslways full of suprises!"!!!)
knightmaredave
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: cahnge form s4 to s5

Post by HStorm »

I really don't mean any offence here, Dave, but do you think you could edit some of your posts? There are so many spelling mistakes in them that they're almost unreadable.

For what it's worth I do agree with what you're (apparently) saying about the transition between S4 and S5, and I even wrote a fanfic called The Chrysalis that attempts to fill in the gaps.
Last edited by HStorm on 25 Dec 2003, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: change from s4 to s5

Post by Drassil »

A lot of what you say will ring true for a lot of people. There've been some interesting discussions on this subject, in a recent thread called 'End Of Season Topic':

http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/forum/y ... 1071560892
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

sorry to be so blunt well no i wont edit my posts and i is xmas and i have had a few drinks oooh sorry that is soo rude of me but well i have changed as a person!! and im dyslex !!!
im still saying mogdred was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! morgaine will be comming out of the cupboard soon and i am lloking 4qward to it
knightmaredave
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

ps my friend says  i ahve had brain surgery and that has effected my handwriting!!! that i find funny i will now hit him for bein rude!!!
knightmaredave
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I like the fact we wern't warned about the change in Opposition Leadership.

Made Lord Fears debute more impactful in my mind.

(Hey I'm Dyslexic to so I sympathise with you.)
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Ok so it wasn't as dramatic as series 6/7 end of seasons but it was still good. Its what came next that was the worst thing (series 5) and when you think about it compared to the other seasons series 5 was a terrible season.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Dyslexia is NOT an excuse for typing like you're wearing boxing gloves.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

But being intoxicated is! :P Not that I'm promoting intoxications though!
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 26 Dec 2003, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: change from s4 to s5

Post by Drassil »

To be honest, I was never all that comfortable with the regular use of spyglasses against the Opposition from Series 5 onwards. I always liked the awareness of 'the watchers' among the characters ('Come closer to the fire'; 'I say, you lot, bog off'; etc.), but spyglasses, for me, made voyeurism too much of an issue, and in this way weakened the Opposition. (Or made them more vulnerable and 'human', depending on how you look at it). I can't imagine that a spyglass would ever 'work on', or 'work with', Mogdred.

I hope at least some of that makes sense, without being overly controversial...
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

There were definitely a lot of changes from series 4 to 5. Besides the new opposition, there was quite a shake-up character wise too, as far as I know Treguard, Pickle, Hordriss, Motley and Brother Mace were the only old characters remaining in this series crossover.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

In addition, the Grimwolds were still around at the end of Series 6...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

As I've said so many times, I think the end to Series 4 is sickening, with my main focus for scorn being that dreadful Christmas scene, which I just can't watch.

For me, the changes from Series 4 to 5 were on the whole positive as individual changes, but somehow Series 5 didn't gel together as well as it could have. The new actors are finding their feet, the location work is often a bit dull, and some of the Teams don't do as well as perhaps they should. I do agree on the spyglasses getting used to much as the show progressed, although having last watched Series 5 when it was on Challenge, I must admit I enjoyed pretty much all the spyglass scenes that year, and thought they were generally useful without giving everything away. That wasn't always the case in later Series, and for me it just became too expected to find a spyglass that would give pretty detailed instruction about the way ahead.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

All good points GG, thanks to Drassil for bringing my old topic back up, the true question I wanted to find out was "Why were dungeoneers sent in with no hope of completing a quest", was it worth the effort to get a team in all the way from god knows where just for them to fill 10-20minutes of a show?? that question was never truely answered.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

See this recent review of Series 8 Team 7:
http://knightmare.v21hosting.co.uk/tes/issue25/7.htm
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary