The mists part....

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Visage
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The mists part....

Post by Visage »

Hello....

Have I really arrived, or am I just like anyone else, a watcher, who sees but sees not?

Am I known from another forum, or will I be another person entirely?

Can I start any posts without a long series of over-portentous questions...?

I think I've answered that one myself! ::)

Hi, this is Hordriss/Visage from the KM roleplay forums, or David, a 19 year old student at Oxford to be perfectly honest...

I thought about logging on as Hordriss, but after someone said that they thought my performance might be tacky I thought I'd play it safe and be the character I made up. Also I agree that Malefact is really Hordriss by another name.

Truly wonderful ideas here, you may find that my posting frequency increases tenfold when I'm on an essay crisis, in a desperate attempt to distract my fevered brain...

But it's not just therapy, I love KM as well :D
What is real?
Visage
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: The mists part....

Post by Visage »

Sorry, just realised that my initial posting might have sounded a bit unpleasent...

Grimaldine, I think Hordriss was great as well, that's why I chose to play him, but I've tried to stay as close to his characterisation as possible! He's just in a new environment now! :)
What is real?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Waheyy! Our 450th member at last.

Welcome aboard, Visage, and please have as many essay crises as you can... we need hyperactive minds round here.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Hey Visage! Wondered when you'd turn up here :) *laughs*
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hello and welcome! I'm sure you're not the only one who does the rounds of the forums when there's work to be done - that's what I'm doing right now. :D
Subject to change.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Welcome aboard Visage, have a good stay here.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Welcome, Visage. With all your creative input at the Roleplay Forum, I'm sure you'll have plenty to offer here.  :)

Which Oxford college are you at, by the way? (Or is it Oxford Brookes?)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Visage
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Visage »

Corpus Christi

(you know... the one everyone forgets about because it's so small... the one everyone thinks about as part of Christ Church and calls the 'Wendy House'....)

Then again, who bothers about what 'everyone' says ;D

We certainly don't....
What is real?
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Well Helow

Visage.

I'm The Forums Resident Goblin Master Skarkill.

(Although You'll know me better as Tom Troughton/Edward Deal from the role play Forum.)

I'm kind of the resident Baddie of this forum as well so be carefull becaus eyou never know when One of my Goblin Hunting partys may track yer down so I can Clap the Irons on Yer.

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.....LOVELY."
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hello, and welcome. Hehe, I'm glad someone actually read my post about Hordriss, and I realise you meant no offense. :)

Many times welcome.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

David...that rings a bell...former school friend, met last saturday at Spud-u-like?

Nah, maybe it's another 19 year old David studying English at the wendy house... ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Visage
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Visage »

Gah! DO NOT mention that nickname for my beloved college, if anyone else uses it I shall set the college pelican on them!

Yes of course it's me... do you think that we'll be able to entice our medical friend here or is he far too busy dressing up in women's clothes...

(I will delete that bit when, and only when, he signs up! It is true though... albeit rarely and with good reason)

Skarkill.... Skarkill, what a villain. Managed to handcuff one or two children, got chased away by a swarm of bees and a pixie with attitude, and is now, sadly, deceased after being stabbed by a dodgy merchant.... TERRIFYING!

There's a new villain in town, who already has a small trail of corpses to his name (on the KMRP obviously, not really, this isn't a confession!) Not to mention having already been lynched without ill-effects....

Seriously though, thanks everyone, I feel thoroughly welcome!
What is real?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Corpus Christi

(you know... the one everyone forgets about because it's so small... the one everyone thinks about as part of Christ Church and calls the 'Wendy House'....)
I didn't forget about it! In fact, I was in sitting in the Corpus Christi Seminar Room two Thursdays ago, at a Graduate Seminar. Nice place; helpful porter. I wondered about that obelisk (is it an obelisk?) in the courtyard...
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Visage
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Visage »

Actually, it's a sundail!

And the pelican is the statue on top of it, the symbol of Corpus Christi.

Apparently though, the sundail is covered with mathematical formulae, and you can only tell what time it is if you have a maths degree!

What a strange place we live in... No more connected to the real world than Dunshielm...
What is real?
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

450!

Good grief... Heyo knewbie-features Motley at yer service
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/