Series 6 - Episode 4

pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Series 6 - Episode 4

Post by pickle »

watching sumaya et al last nite, the scroll said be an amber gambler, but there was no amber only gold and  a red gemstone which they took-but met a witch who only liked amber- and perished as a result of having no word for dreadnought. treguard himself said the team should have taken the yellow gemstone, but there was none. the girls were robbed coz they would have reached level 3 definitely, and have even conquered the dungeon, becoz they seemed very wise and knowledgable.
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: series 6 team 2..so unfair

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Maybe they were supposed to get help from the witch by giving her the gold bar.  It's sort of amber coloured.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

i was just a watcher, but i knew it was witch amber.  i think, if they had asked treguard what it was, he would have said witch amber.  i don't have my series 6 here to check the dialogue, but the scroll was quite obvious and the name 'witch amber' gives it away that they might need it.

the dreadnaught scared me in that team *shudder*
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The witch amber was actually that golden chain/necklace on the Level 2 Clue Room table. It wasn't really that visible though, since it was quite thin, so the team were possibly indeed robbed.
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 May 2003, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
bill
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Series 6 - Episode 4

Post by bill »

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to point something out about tonight's episode - am I alone in thinking that even though the scroll the girls picked up in Level 2 hinted that they needed to pick up some amber, they didn't have a chance to collect any before encountering the witch? Have to say it was a bit harsh of our bearded master and his elf sidekick to give the team a hard time about it if this was case.... or is it me being thick???

Enjoyed the episode apart from that, other than the threat by Lord Fear's robot to tear limbs off not being carried out - maybe the gruesome deaths of the early series made the programme makers hold back a bit on too many gory scenes!

Bill
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Jun 2004, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Saturday's episode

Post by HStorm »

The witch amber was the necklace they found at the start of the level.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I think if the necklace had been a bit more orangey in colour then they might have taken it - it didn't look orangey enough to be amber, even though it was.

I noticed that the game started before Treguard said 'Game on' which was a strange moment - was that an error or was it deliberate? Hmm.

I like that clue room at the start of Level 2, it's nice and sunny, hehe! Me being me, I laughed at the bit where Sumaya read out 'favours' on the scroll as 'flavours'. I also thought it was funny when Pickle said "I'm off" when Pegatty started shooting at Sumaya.

Liked the Ridolfo scene (but then, I do like Ridolfo, hehe!) and the girl's bewilderment at having to get the dungeoneer to sing a song - it wasn't really in tune though, lol!

I wish Hegatty wouldn't say "Eh, eh, eh?" so much, it gets a bit tiresome after a while. I thought it was funny though when she said "Want your warts charmed?" and Karmani said "Don't show her anything". Hehe! ;D

The bit with the Dreadnort still scares me and the skeleton collapsing would probably be frowned on if it was on kid's TV today.

Oh, and one last thing - this next team is another good one. ;)
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

The witch amber was the necklace they found at the start of the level.
Still seems unfair to me, nothing to suggest it was made with Witch Amber, and just looked like a normal necklace.
Also Treguard comments at the end are confusing, He said The GemStone is not what you need, It was the Firestone you wanted ?? ?? or something like that, or did I mishear his comment

Not a bad episode though, didnt deserve to die they way they did, the girls done very well.

Team 3 look like being a funny bunch

Alan - What shall I pick up
Team - Well I think the Maginifying Glass could be Magical so we could take that

;D ;D
Last edited by Porsmond on 16 Apr 2004, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I may have misread it in the credits, but that is the correct spelling..."dreadnort", isn't it?

I always thought it was Dreadnought...oh well.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Well you ain't alone there Frightknight.

Thats what I always thought it was to :-\
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
lordfearisafox
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by lordfearisafox »

Hey Kidsies,
How is everyone?
I missed tonight's ep cause I was at work so I checked on Challenge to see when the repeat was on and I notice there is a repeat at 5:30am as well as 1:30am, my question is, is the one at 5:30am the next episode or another repeat of today's? (I hope that made sense ::))

Love and peace

LFIAF

X
I will of course repay you in the...usual manner!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

they didn't need a necklace,
if you read the scroll it talks about gambling (the bag of gold coins)

the clue was to use the bag of coins on the one who sees/wants amber.. hence the word 'gamble'
the blood stone isn't some to gamble with when you have a choose to play with money huh?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Gold is gold, not amber. In KM (when not discussing the Life Force Clock) amber means witch amber, and Heggaty was very specific that that was what she was talking about, not gold. And there's nothing to stop people gambling with a firestone or a necklace.

Also, we didn't see any clear indication that the bag contained any coins at all, only that it contained gold. It might've been gold dust or gold ingots in the bag for all we could see.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Although the Dreadnought (Dreadnort?) clearly didn't fulfill his promise of taking a limb (Maybe it's just a sentimental old softy at heart and felt sorry for the girls) it was nice to see the knew death animation at the end, especially when the skeleton went green at the end.
I agree with Porsmond about this new team, the 'I think the magnifying glass is magical' line made me chuckle for some reason. Who knows, even at this early stage in the game, they might turn out to be winners!
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

bill wrote: Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to point something out about tonight's episode - am I alone in thinking that even though the scroll the girls picked up in Level 2 hinted that they needed to pick up some amber, they didn't have a chance to collect any before encountering the witch? Have to say it was a bit harsh of our bearded master and his elf sidekick to give the team a hard time about it if this was case.... or is it me being thick???

Enjoyed the episode apart from that, other than the threat by Lord Fear's robot to tear limbs off not being carried out - maybe the gruesome deaths of the early series made the programme makers hold back a bit on too many gory scenes!

Bill
I was wondering that myself.