Series 6 Episode 10

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 6 Episode 10

Post by MoanaLiza »

Freak me out Ariadne :o :o :o!!! Just a question though, how did they manage to escape? I believe if they had been in series 4 then Ariadne would've got them. It seems that she is a lot slower these days, but then again spiders only live so long and she must be a pensioner by now and maybe she wasn't hungry either. Another mystery which has also been asked before is how do you get off a ship on water through a portall and then back onto it again through another portall and be in the middle of the top deck?

Oooh this episode sees Skarkill and LF having a bit of a dissagreement and falling out over Skarkill's pay ::)! Hopefully (or maybe not) they'll kiss and makeup soon then ;D.

So timeout ends with them in the last dungeon, with an interesting spell scroll. I wonder which one they will use and will it be the right one :-\. I wonder if they'll win or meet there doom so close to victory :-\. We'll see what happens tomorrow, so please don't anyone tell us or give anything away even if you do know what happens :-X.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 6 Episode 10

Post by LordF »

Knightmare is on again on Monday because Tomorrow is Takeshi's Castle Marathon.

LF should be angry with Skarkill for auguing over a pay rise.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Johnro
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Johnro »

We won't see tomorrow, Knightmare does not show on Sunday ;D

I don't really like how they got into Level 3, and now suddenly they found a ship, go into a Treasure chest ( :-\), find some object and even get a causeway clue scroll with no real difficulty and suddenly they are in the 'last' Level 3 dungeon! But I couldn't make heads nor tails of the Trick or Treat clue ::).
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Hmm, the main thing that struck me with today's episode is that Ben didn't get round to reading the rest of the scroll in Aradine's lair, he read out the first two numbers before the spider approached him. I suspect it's a causeway code, which might mean they come a cropper when they get to it and not know the next three numbers, which is a shame, as I've really been rooting for this team. Still, we found out Pooka's actually have names, and the end of today's episode was a great cliffhanger, with the team choosing between TRICK or TREAT. Wonder which one they'll choose?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

D'oh I forgot that tororrow's Sunday and that there's no Knightmare on tomorrow *slaps forehead*. There was only the first two numbers on the scroll as the other ones were question marks, meaning either that they have to guess or find out the other ones.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i was thinking that they would have gotten the other number as they went along, but as they are so close i think the 1st twonumbers will be clues and they will have to work out the rest.

What an odd episode.. the live action was good but the quest itself sucked.. the stuff on the boat was fast and pointless. there was also nothing to say they had entered level 3, I always liked the Into the team was giving when got into level 3 (season 3) just doesn't feel as if level mean anything anymore. they are all easy, but level 3 just has the last moments.

Now, what happened to Tiny? why didn't he make an appearance.. would have made that goblin scene VERY good. Um life force damage was taking when the team was hit by the witch, yet the clock didn't seem to loose anything it was a while before they found food after that, AND the spider killed them off, the team was let off.. IF the win they would be known as the WORSE team in Kmare history.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Mephisto wrote: the spider killed them off, the team was let off. IF they win they would be known as the WORSE team in Kmare history.
I couldn't agree with you less on that point, Meph. At least in terms of co-ordination and manoeuvring, this was possibly the best team ever. And it didn't look to me like Ariadne caught them, why do you say that?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

I liked the falling out of Lord Fear and Skarkill, that was cool ;) But yeah, I thought Ariadne caught them too - but maybe they were let off because they were good, and TPTB need someone to actually win ;)
First appearance of Greystagg, if I'm not mistaken - she was good, I liked they way she said thank you back to Ben when he said it to her, hehe ;)
This team has turnded out to be much better than I expected! I think I judged them too harshly, but nearly falling off the introductory choice causeway did not bode well ;) Still, I hope they win!
"You're in a room..." ;)
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

That argument Lord Fear and Skarkill had was absolutely hilarious! :D

The team are one of my favourites in Knightmare, ever.

Apart from that, I'm gonna sum up this ep in one word: fantastic!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

The spider was right on top of them even for the moved from the table, it when caught them up again at which point the camera was on the advisers, and they were indeed getting in a mix, they had been let off, and allowed to win, Probs because the show was coming to an end and they needed winners, after all not many people make it in to level 3 and with the show almost coming to an end it was unlikely it would happen again

But the team had a VERY bad start, and what makes them one of the worse is how much they had been let off. (The hit from the which didn't effect the life force)
only one causeway with a timer, and so on. lets just Waite and see what happens. plus the whole thing on the boat was terrible. As i said all the live action was great, appart from the lack of Tiny
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Well, firstly I should point out that there's still something like 5 episodes left in the season. In other words we're only two-thirds of the way through so we're not THAT close to the end.

So what if Ariadne was on top of them? She still has to CATCH them, and she didn't. Perhaps you're comparing it to what happened to one team from season 4? On that occasion I thought it was unfair because the film of the spider had clearly been sped up.

The hit from the what which didn't affect the life force? Do you mean the sturmgeist? The LF clock wasn't on the screen at that point, so how do you know it didn't affect their life force?

As for the thing on the boat, I agree it was terrible, but that's not the team's fault is it?
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

no the boat was just silly, nothing team related.

So how would you judge a kill from the spider then?

I'm talking about the hit from the witch, Pickle said the team took damage, but we don't see the life force for another 2/3 rooms after that hit.., i think it comes up in the dwarf tunnel in level 3 when they pick up food.. well you can see by the clock the hit didn't have much effect, there was no chance the clock would have been as full as it was. after all it was a while after the hit before they found food.

but then i don't know how powerful the effect of the hit was, i can only go on what we have seen in the past.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

There's nothing unusual in that. In earlier seasons several teams were struck by the scorpion's tail and it did very little life force damage.

In the instance you're speaking of here, there were several items of food on the floor. As far as I could tell, the dungeoneer had just put food in his knapsack when he was struck, but then took another food item to restore his health again. We don't see this clearly because the view had switched to his advisors while he was collecting the second food item, but it's missing from the floor when the view switches back a moment later.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i didn't notice he picked up a 2nd peace of food in that room.. how odd.

it's a pitty the hauntings don't do an damage in this season unlike the others,

i guess this whole spider situation is just like the one from season 4.. (did he get hit by that blade) there are a number of let offs from it looks like, with the causeways and stuff... i hate seeing a team let off as much as i do a cheated death.
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

On the programme they never really could decide on whether it was enough to run away from Ariadne or whether the team would need to use magic - I suppose you could use the argument that a spider would attack faster if it was hungrier, in which case magic or else a mad dash seem to be the ticket.
With the blades, as long as a dungeoneer wasn't cut properly in half I think they felt it wasn't fair to kill them - although I certainly hope it drained their life force quite a bit. That only seems realistic.