Series 6 Ep 8

Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 6 Ep 8 *NO Spoilers*

Post by Fidjit »

I hate it when I tap in 8 then brackets, only to discover a shady smily had overtaken it... ::) 8)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
bill
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by bill »

Poor January looked petrified when Hands threw the rope over her just before she died - that sort of thing could leave someone traumatised for life!

So if she had put the ring on, what do you think would have happened? Would someone impersonating Lord Fear (but working for the powers that be) have appeared and got rid of Hands???
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

bill wrote: Poor January looked petrified when Hands threw the rope over her just before she died
As you go on to say, this would be understandable, but, her face being obscured by the Helm, how exactly could you tell?
bill wrote: So if she had put the ring on, what do you think would have happened? Would someone impersonating Lord Fear (but working for the powers that be) have appeared and got rid of Hands???
I think that when Lord Fear said that the ring would imitate him if worn, he meant that it would do something unpleasant to any enemies of the wearer (i.e. it would have appeared to be beginning a magical attack of some sort and Hands would have fled).
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

bill wrote: Poor January looked petrified when Hands threw the rope over her just before she died - that sort of thing could leave someone traumatised for life!
I thought it was funny, I quite enjoyed it. ;D
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
bill
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by bill »

She literally jumped back when she saw him throw the rope over her - very scary......
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

I'm guessing the ring would have caused an image of lord fear to appear.. or at least turning the team into Lord fear (looks) but well done Hands.. that was a great catch.

Does anyone know what level they got to??
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

They died in Level 2, and got there via the Decender.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

I thought it was level two but nothing was said.
with out flying they were still on the same area.. so there wasn't much chance of them in getting any closer to the quest object. Weird.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

There is a potion in series 8 which turns someone into the spitting image of Lord F, so that ring might have been very much the same...
With Jan's team I have serious doubts that they would have got much further even if they had used the ring though, since I think they got the wrong item from Julius Scaramonger. (I haven't seen this episode since I last watched my video, but he does give them the spell-scroll, doesn't he?) Witchamber was quite clearly going to be needed to get through Witchaven and they didn't have it.
Skeletor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Skeletor »

One burning question I have is:

At the end of January's quest when they're all seen leaving, why is January on crutches? Did she break her leg in between her kidnapping and filming their leaving scene? Perhaps because of her reaction to Sly putting the rope over her and dragging her, she put up too much resistance and ended up falling over which is why they used the original life force to cover it up?
Last edited by Skeletor on 02 Oct 2004, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

It wasn't January, it was Sarah. From issue 2-1 of 'The Quest'-
Which of you clever people spotted the cast in episodes 7 & 8 then? No, not the cast, the cast - on Sarah Halsall's leg! Poor Sarah had rather a rough time of it whilst waiting for her to journey through the dungeon, and ended up on crutches for 6 weeks!

Whilst waiting for their quest to start, Sarah fell off her chair at the cinema. She went to hospital and told that she had torn an inside ligament. So, did all this prevent Sarah from returning to finish her quest?

"No way" she laughs. "We all returned to the studios on Monday, only this time I was on crutches! You should have seen all the looks I got. I took the huge splint off for the cameras, and just left the bandage on. The funniest thing was that I was going to be the dungeoneer until it happened, but January had to do at the last minute because I couldn't really walk!".

Poor Sarah - but what a story to tell everyone back at school! We think you're a real trooper Sarah, and if there was a prize for the bravest adventurer, you'd definitely get it!
Skeletor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Skeletor »

Ah right ok :D. Still an interesting story all the same.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

O.K., here we go...

We start out with Treguard a little lost for words before game on. First off, Motters is rebigulated and immediately acts all caddish towards poor Sidriss. Reveals password is 'storming'. Team continue into the next room to meet the friendly neighbourhood Dreadnaught. (I prefer 'naught' to 'nort') next is down in the ever-popular Descender. Took the left door to avoid the Frightknight. Meet Ridolfo locked in the stocks. It serves him right for only playing a lute. Any good musician knows an ocarina's the way to go, available in Wood's music shop priced £4.95. He was allegadly locked up for making ungentalmanly advances to the imaginary Count Brinkatore's wife. Team releases. Through Beardovision into a clue room. Ridolfo warns of 'Grey ladies' and gives causeway clue. January mistook a spyglass for an Eyeshield but used it anyway. Lord F gossipping with the non-existent Brinkatore before contacting 'Ands. Fear sends 'Ands to find his ring and hints that the ring imitates him, so maybe it would've turned Jan into His 'Poshness'. Fear sent a Stormgit into the pool and team took ring and bloody stone. Through Dwarf Tunnels into a courtyard featuring Shady Lionel. Notice someone has a snorty laugh, but I'm not sure who. During bartering Lionel makes references to his family, presenting one with a terrifying image of lots of little Lionels all arguing over the price of Spam. Team eventualy traded bloody stone for spell scroll. After an intermission we go to another courtyard. Enter 'Ands the Invincible. 'Ands blows his 'orn and Jan offers him the ring. 'Ands takes her away and we have a ovely cameo from the old skull. New team begin and I suspect Pickle may have some Prozac stashed away somewhere, given how quickly he cheered up. Advising a little slow in Place of Choice. Then through Dwarf Tunnels and time out in courtyard. Treguard floats and flies while Mount Fear features under the credits.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 6 Ep 8

Post by Tom41 »

When January's team dies, we see a shot of the advisers and the skull death scene appears to be visible on their monitor. But look closely and you'll see it isn't.

What they've actually got is a still frame (or a very slow running video) of the advisers looking at a black screen, then digitally added the skull so it appears like it's on the screen (with a mask so that it doesn't show through their heads). Notice how when part of the skull flies off, it goes 'off screen' before it reaches the edge of the monitor!

The life force was never shown on the adviser's monitor during filming in any series; it was added on later in post production. Changes to life force status were usually indicated by the Dungeon Master (Treguard).
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 6 Ep 8

Post by darkDescender »

Yes, that's very true, but then I never said they could see the skull did I? And I don't recall anyone else saying that either. Not meaning to be rude or anything, but...
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"