Series 6 Ep 14

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 6 Ep 14

Post by MoanaLiza »

Just posting this quickly! *goes off to watch Knightmare* Anyway guys, fire away!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 6 Ep 14

Post by WhiteDevil »

Mmmmm, definately not the best episode ive seen.. The dungeneer reminds me of SiMan from Series 4 ("Definately not a starving traveller..."). Their quest was quite structured, probably too much. Besides, we know they're going to win - Hordriss said so before the quest even left the antechambre...

Im not expecting anything great from this team...

Does anybody else things Treguards outro was cut short?
Last edited by WhiteDevil on 29 Apr 2004, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Aww, they cut it out! In case anyone else was wondering, Challenge edited out this bit: http://www.knightmare.com/series/6/201.jpg from the end of the episode, which explains the abrupt ending. I was hoping they'd reanimate the scroll so it said Monday-Saturday 7.30 Challenge on it.

So, Hordriss is no longer a neutral, and is on the side of the Powers that Be. I guess this means it could very well have been him in disguise as Harris the beggar, but then again, perhaps not. This new team are pretty good, dungeoneer Chris is pleasantly chatty with the characters, for example, instead of just giving Julius Scaramonger the gold, he said 'Perhaps this bar of gold will help you to change your mind?'. I notice he still says 'Where am I?', too, which indicates that he's definately watched the show before. The whole thing with the hammer ("I can bribe someone and hit someone" as Chris said) was amusing, too. Wonder how they'll fare in Level 2?
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

Not as good an episode as yesterdays but a different intro since Pickle couldn't do his book of quests.
They've also added some background music to the quest choice room, i think they added it anyway! :)
And Hordriss is finally on the Powers That Be which i presume will carry onto series 7 & 8.
Again Elita was somewhat nicer today, although she's still rude but she has kind of changed from the earlier part of Series 6.
And the end of the spyglass scene was interesting because Lord Fear had a new spy glass detection siren. There seems to be a lot of new additions in the last few episodes (Such as y'days Level 3 Exam) but i think its all been added a little to far into the show. No More Lord Fear's hand either!!!
But back to this episode a somewhat quick & somewhat slow Level 1 (They had only reached the 2nd room by the break!). Not long to go till the end of series 6 now!
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Team are a bit... well i dunno.. didn't they guide him to his right on the quest room but he still went forward?

He also seems a little dull, wasn't able to see the scroll.. they did tell him it was on his left, and again with the box.

It says on this web site that Hordiss was a 'power that be' way before this episode.. but he now is the new Merlin. Also another reference to the Grimwold family..

I think all the new extras and stuff being add is just to add some variation.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

As a suppliment to my last post, here's a video clip from the main site featuring the 17 seconds that Challenge cut out, at 2:17- http://infosite.talkknightmare.co.uk/cl ... irk_end.rm .
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Just happened to see this episode on Challenge today, and noticed something else. In the scene with Julius Scaramonger, just after he says "I'm very sorry", there's a sudden jump in the picture. The camera's positioned slightly different, and the lighting's changed. I thought it was a dodgy Challenge edit, but I checked a tape from when it was shown on CITV and it's there too.

Did something go wrong with the scene, perhaps, such as Rayner Boulton forgetting his lines or a stagehand slipping on the Cup that Heals and crashing into the set? Interesting how they didn't cut back to the advisors to cover it up...
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 6 Ep 14

Post by Canadanne »

Here's a geeky fact for any trivia fans - this is the only Knightmare episode featuring real locations that doesn't include a single Eyeshield sequence!

Another one of those strange occasions where the dungeoneer is holding a scroll but apparently can't read it (Chris asks his advisors what it says). I wonder why that is??
Billy wrote:Just happened to see this episode on Challenge today, and noticed something else. In the scene with Julius Scaramonger, just after he says "I'm very sorry", there's a sudden jump in the picture. The camera's positioned slightly different, and the lighting's changed.
Weird, I can't believe I didn't notice that before. Definitely seems like they stopped and restarted the scene for some reason.

Quite funny how the advisors make a serious note of Julius' suggestion to try the giant mallet on Ah Wok!

Elita seems awfully surprised to hear about Lord Fear having a red dragon, considering she already knew about it during the previous quest. :P
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The Level 1 causeway sequence in this quest is identical to the Level 2 causeway sequence in the previous episode and quest: 8 39 51. And they say Series 4 was repetitive.

Some updates to the old links in the posts above:
Billy wrote:Aww, they cut it out! In case anyone else was wondering, Challenge edited out this bit: http://www.knightmare.com/series/6/201.jpg from the end of the episode, which explains the abrupt ending.
A copy of this is preserved in the Lexicon entry on Friday.
Billy wrote:As a suppliment to my last post, here's a video clip from the main site featuring the 17 seconds that Challenge cut out, at 2:17- http://infosite.talkknightmare.co.uk/cl ... irk_end.rm .
Now at http://knightmare.com/attachments/artic ... irk_end.rm
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Unusual preliminary to this quest with Hordriss offering to help ensure that the final quest succeeds. :-/
Team 7 chose the sword quest and went straight into the level 1 clue-room. They immediately seemed very efficient, no dithering with this lot. :)
Encountered a morose (and well-oiled) Scaramonger. Used the enchanted mallet to "persuade" him to sell them the key they needed.
Arrived at the causeway without a combo, but Sidriss-the-confused appeared just in time to provide it. Made a decent job of crossing the causeway and collecting the scroll without stepping on any wrong blocks.
The scroll gave them a password (not a spell as first assumed) which they immediately used for a rare blocker.
:question: Was this the first blocker in series 6? Up 'til now teams had required passwords for the dreadnort instead.
Used their key to release Elita from a trunk. :) Sadly she was in a better mood than usual....
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Morghanna wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 15:46 :question: Was this the first blocker in series 6? Up 'til now teams had required passwords for the dreadnort instead.

There's a Level 1 Blocker in the first three quests, but they do disappear for a while after that.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Ah, thank-you. My memory is fading already.... :-[
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D