^ well it was the same crown from season 4... weird
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 6 Episode 13

Post by Purgatory »

Well Sir i am sorry ::)
Since where was it a crime to get into a discussion, i'm just looking at all the factors involved..
If i agree or not isn't in question, Just talking about what we in fact saw, it isn't the most obvious of deaths and i'm not the only one who expressed that idea.

No need to be silly.. every death isn't a result of a life force drained, A causeway/falling off edge, eating by a wall monster. or taking away by Goblins..
Fair enough the Ghost and magic sword will have credit to the kill as the team didn't starve, which *could* have been the case for this team, right or wrong.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Just a thought, if they'd have won then they would've been the first all girl team to win and also one of the if not the youngest team to win!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I'm not being silly, I'm taking your logic to its conclusion. If you claim that a haunting killing off a dungeoneer is a sign of the life force clock running out then any death can be seen that way - other deaths in S3 see dungeoneers stepping off ledges and you still see the clock appear on the screen accompanied by the chimes. It is possible to argue that the dungeoneer crashing onto the rocks far below "drains" the remaining life force. Of course I don't agree with that, what I'm saying is that's your own logic taken to its full extent.

I repeat, the life force clock is purely cosmetic and serves no real strategic purpose in the series. The production team would not have ruled that time had run out to put the food into the knapsack, because in reality there was no such time limit.

That's my position and I ain't gonna budge from it. I can see that you're not going to budge either, and as the whole point is redundant anyway - the dungeoneer died either way - let's just agree to disagree and leave it.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

I don't need to budge from anything because i don't have a personal view on the subject.
I was questioning the actions seen on tv.
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

*sighs* watch it again and look how fast the frightknight timer moves it goes suspiciously quick hits the dot - bong. It was rigged they were dying end of story no diploma = no chance of being allowed to win.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

sounds to me then the Kngith timer went so fast some of us missed it, Probs to busy wathing the life force crumble.. lol
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Well there you go then so you totally missed what really killed em ;D.
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

The diploma would have given part of the Causeway Code needed to cross it. They should have just gambled on which stone to step on. After all they have a 50/50 chance each time of picking the right one. And their chance of survival would go to 100% if they worked out the combination.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Moonlight
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Moonlight »

Would they have been allowed to just guess though? I know one team guessed one block and got through but that was just one block out of the whole thing.
I always thought that in series three when one of the teams didn't know which path to take in the stained glass window room, whichever path they guessed would have lead to their death. Wouldn't the same thing happen here? Maybe they'd have let them get a few blocks right to add to the suspense, but surely without the code, the crew wouldn't let them over it on guess work?
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Well if that block they were on was indeed a correct block they wouldn't have died... so they didn't need to code it would have been luck.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Yeah, but the block still would've fallen away even if it was the right one, because they all fell after a certain time (when the FK sword reached the dot).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Moonlight
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Moonlight »

Not being cynical or anything, but if the team didn't have the code, how would we or the team know if they stepped on what had been decided to be the right block? The crew can just decide no password/code etc, no win. They make any block fall (which I guess they have the tech. to do because of the frightknight thing) and no one can say it was the right or wrong block anyway.

If you see what I mean!!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i see what you mean... which out us knowing.. then they could do anything... but i wasn't sure of they could have? yeah they could speed and slow things down but could they make any blocks fall just from a push of a button?? i guess so then.
Moonlight
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Moonlight »

Well, I'm not entirely sure about how the technology worked, but didn't they have to set up each room before filming? In which case they would know before setting up the causeway that the team hadn't got the code, so they just make sure they can make the first row fall. Or something!!

I thought of a better example... Remeber that team who didn't have one of the steps in Merlin's room? They jumped the gap... While it's possible he could make the gap, the production crew probably decided to make it look like he fell so as not to devalue the quest for those that did earn all of the steps.