Series 7 - Episode 10

KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7 Episode 10

Post by KFan »

The small hut behind where the pooka was looked like a bus shelter ::)
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Suppose that you may have to rearrange the letters plus the missing ones to make the word/spell.

So if the missing letter was "E" then the word/spell could be:
D-I-C-E
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 17 May 2004, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

I'm not sure bout Dice or Cinder - i reckon that it would be something to open a staircase/lift etc - if was S3 say then maybe dice, but as it's 7. bVa - any help here? Think it really is beginning to annoy people, myself included! Isn't the next ep where ************SPOILER ALERT*************

Highlight here ---->Barry Comes In? if you want to read
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

^ it wasn't for a staircase/lift it was to get across the Spikes.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

Mephisto wrote: ^ it wasn't for a staircase/lift it was to get across the Spikes.
how would you use letters to get across the spikes?

i considered the letters matching numbers, but 'I' is the 9th letter of the alphabet and the chessboard was 8*8.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

It wasn't to get the numbers, as they were already given those. Maybe it was a spell to help the dungeoneer see.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

oops. poor memory... ;)
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
zzt
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by zzt »

Hmm...

C,I, and D...

C-h-I-l-D?

D-e-v-I-C-e?

D-e-C-I-d-e?

Hmm... he was missing two letters...

Perhaps... m-e-D-I-C?

C-I-D-e-r?

D-I-t-C-h?
That zzt is an american!
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

Does anyone think that this quest was distinctly more difficult than others in series 7, largely because they were older? I had trouble following the clues and plot myself - I certainly didn't tag on to what the team should have done in the stool room. This team definitely had the hardest job - a VERY tense quest.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Quest 5 of Series 7 was recently raised in the 'quests u did not understand' thread.
KaM wrote: Series 7, Quest 5 (Ben): not only can I not conjure what on Earth the spell they were collecting might be, other than perhaps the name of the troll, but would they then have had to cast it during the Trial by Spikes when the troll appears? How could it possibly help other than making the thing disappear or invisible?
Earlier in the series when Nicola's 'losing status' caught up with her, i.e. when she found herself in a dark room with no Nightsight, a troll arrived behind her, as if to emphasise that she had ventured up an infamous scatological creek without paddling apparatus. ;) (An echo of what Grimwold did to Kelly in Series 3, possibly?) The troll that came up behind Ben may have been doing the same thing; or perhaps, as Grimaldine Grimwold speculated,
Grimaldine Grimwold wrote: the troll was just imported because they didn't have the spell they'd need in a few rooms time, so there was no point in continuing.
I've come to the opinion that the spell would have been
zzt wrote: D-e-v-I-C-e
And its purpose:
Lowebo wrote:to open a staircase/lift etc
Lissard said that the spell was required "for access to Level Three", and the descender was referred to various times during Series 7, and earlier, as "the descendant device". Since the team collected C, I, missed at least one letter then collected D, it would have been an anagram, but a fairly obvious one once all the letters had been acquired. I imagine that the team would have reached a dead end, and casting DEVICE would have revealed the descender, as Hordriss' magic did for Team 3 of Series 7.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 7, Team 5: What did they do wrong?

Post by Pooka »

See... in the earlier series, Ben would have just got through to wherever they needed to cast it, and been stuck, thus his life force running out. Ah, how times change.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7, Team 5: What did they do wrong?

Post by knightmaredave »

I personally have just watched this episode again and belive they deserved to die I mean Majida made it clear there was NO spell path hidden there/
Also they daudled through level 2 so I reckon Timj decide to kill them off.
bong
ooh naaastiiee
It was a painful oh nasty too.
knightmaredave
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 7 - Episode 10

Post by Canadanne »

I would love to know what possible motive Grimaldine could have had for telling Sly there was a fish in the barrel!

So much for Majida's prophetic powers, immediately deciding they had "not much of a chance" with Julie and team. :P
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 7, Team 5: What did they do wrong?

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Pooka wrote: 11 Aug 2008, 21:01 See... in the earlier series, Ben would have just got through to wherever they needed to cast it, and been stuck, thus his life force running out. Ah, how times change.
I know I'm replying to a 10+ year old post but I agree with this.

It's one thing I dislike about the latter series. I do appreciate that it saves time and allows more teams the chance to play. So that's good.

But I dislike that the reason teams die in the game isn't actually the reason why they died. If that makes sense. And quite often the reason Treguard gives the team (and thus the viewer) isn't the real reason.

Once a team makes a wrong decision (e.g. taking incorrect clue items, failure to get a spell from a character, whatever) they'll simply be killed off in the next room rather than allow events to play out and be killed by the mistake they actually made.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Re:Series 7, Team 5: What did they do wrong?

Post by Pooka »

AriadnesLayer wrote: 12 Mar 2020, 22:30 Once a team makes a wrong decision (e.g. taking incorrect clue items, failure to get a spell from a character, whatever) they'll simply be killed off in the next room rather than allow events to play out and be killed by the mistake they actually made.
That's true.

I remember Tim talking at some points about what makes for good TV. The stuck life force deaths in the earlier series could be seen as more deserving of illustrating what the teams did wrong, but I always found them a bit dull.

There's one team in Series 2 - can't recall which - who wandered in the wrong direction and ended up in an unescapable room, at which point Mogdred appeared ("Play a while. Play forever!") and they died instantly. That's good TV, as it's slightly more exciting than just having the team die. Later series deaths are like that too - including Ben's. If he was going to die anyway, why not make it a bit more exciting for the watchers by inserting the troll graphic?

I'm wondering what she spell might have been, when we have the letters CID. If there was only one more letter, I'm guessing it might have been DICE.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.