Portal sounds

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Portal sounds

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

I like the "whoosh" noise that Broadsword used for its credit at the end of the episode.
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

The clanging of the cell doors in Series 3 was definately an effective addition, in my opinion. I also liked how the screen zoomed in as the dungeoneers walked through, as if we (the audience) were physically following them from room to room.

As someone else pointed out.. it really hit home the impression of "no turning back".

Unfortunately with Series 4 venturing outside and the invention of "elf portals", it was no longer possible to use that sound :(

But sound effects-wise, I really liked the weird clanging noise of S6-8. No idea what it was meant to be, but it was cool.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

In some cases they could link portal sounds, depending on the environment around them. For example, inside a castle/dungeon the Series 3 sound clip would have suited this, and dropping down a wellway could well have been adapted from Series 1/2
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

I like the random one we got in the second room of episode 1 season 6 bit of a strange one but could have been very effective.It would have been nice to have had different portal sounds for ech level showing eeriness for level 3
knightmaredave
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

knightmaredave wrote: I like the random one we got in the second room of episode 1 season 6 bit of a strange one but could have been very effective.It would have been nice to have had different portal sounds for ech level showing eeriness for level 3
I agree that would have been a really good touch.

I also liked the one-off portal sound used at the very start of Season 6 quest 1, wonder why it was only used that one time.