Series 1 - Episode 2

JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 1 - Episode 2

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I wonder if the first instance of Treguard getting confused between Olgarth and Granitas (series 1, team 2) was scripted, or if it was a genuine error by Hugo Myatt (because it was early days) and then Hugo Myatt/guy Standeven (who played both the wall monsters)/Tim Child decided to continue with it.

What does everybody else think about this? (I personally think the latter)
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Treguard confusing Olgarth and Granitas

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Sorry to do this, but just to note that this topic has got no relpy at all - I was wondering if anybody else could reply to this topic.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I dont know, but its funny  ;D
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

Sorry, havent seen the episode, i wasnt even in existance then
Fail three times and I feed on you!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I think it's most likely a scripted deliberate mistake, written in either to emphasise the fact that characters can get angry towards Treguard, even if he is the dungeon master - or just to show that there was more than one wall monster.

"When Granitas sleeps, Olgarth awakens" - remember...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Series 1 Episode 2

Post by LordF »

Discuss...
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 1 Episode 2

Post by Tom41 »

Oops, someone else posted a topic while I was writing mine! Let's use this one.

Hmm, interesting episode today. The dungeoneer was let off in the bomb room I think, because she walked forward towards the bomb, before being correctly guided out. Also turned left towards the snake in the next room! Clearly the dungeonner knew her left and right, but the advisers didn't

Ooh, they got 3 right on the wall monster's riddles! However, I was amused that they kept trying to decide which items to take while they were being asked the riddles!
They almost took the soap and the comb (correct items), but eventually only took the soap! Since when have teams only been allowed to take one item from a clue room? Reminds me of Akash's team in another series...
Even though the wall monster gave them all the information they needed: All that glitters is not gold, needing to wash their mouth out, and 'she who values her appearance'. That should have told them to take the comb!

Lillith wasn't amused when the team tried to offer her a block of soap rather than a comb! "Boulders crack and that ledge crumble!" I keep expecting Treguard to say "Ooh, Nasty!" but he doesn't in this series...

Why does Team 3's dungeoneer keep holding his arms out when walking? (I have a habit of doing that as well, and I'm from Yorkshire - coincidence?) The giant speaks a bit like the BFG (in Roald Dahl's book) - another coincidence?
And in the giant room, the dungeoneer's light blue shirt seemed to be interfering with the bluescreen technology - sometimes he appears semi-transparent!

The next session with the wall monster, they scored 3/3. When Treguard mentioned about calling out 'I command you' to gain a bonus, some of the advisers were discussing what they would command the wall monster to do (perhaps unblock the bricked up door) - whereas the commanding was just getting more information!

Time out occurred just as the team was exiting the bomb room. It in fact froze as the picture was flying off into the distance (incidentally, the same red background used for the Red life force).
Last edited by Tom41 on 08 Jun 2004, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

"Nice of you to DROP in" Nice line,

Good Episode 2 3/3 Riddles.

The Wall monsters, Granatis and Olgarth seem to dislkie each other because they were both saying that they were supirior then the other.

Geat Episode.

Series 1, the Series that began it all.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Tom, there is that handy delete button on the board just above your posts. You can always delete the similar thread to this one that you made. Anyway back to the ep. Hmm We see Lilliths first death, but don't witness a fall as such. Lillith Crumbled the edge and we say Maeve standing in midair before the lifeforce took over covering her. Also I keep wondering when sidestepping came into effect.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

For some reason I find it hard to understand what granitas or olgarth are saying. Am I the only one with this problem? It was probably background noise that was interfering with my need to listen but I still think there was some 'mumbling' on behalf of the wall monsters.

Both teams very impressively showed off their knowledge, better than I would have, but unfortunately for the first team they didn't use the valued advice. Was disappointed not to see the dungeoneer's fall before the death sequence!

Yes it is strange that this recent dungeoneer holds his arms out, but I think he does it to check whether or not there are any walls he might walk into, which seems sensible.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

It was alright, I think if anything it confirmes what I thought all along, that series 1, although it must've seamed great at the time, dosn't really hold up to the other series (don't kill me). Nah, I enjoyed it - just seamed a little samey - they hadn't perfected it and hadn't got it just right yet. And there dosn't seam to be anything special, other than walking through rooms and talking.

I notice that in this series, they keep getting the dungeoneer to turn a lot to navigate through the rooms - instead of the usual sidestepping. Its always "turn right... no, not that far, a little bit to your left... no now a small bit to your right..." makes for some quite painful viewing after a while - they obviously told them in later series that its much easier to sidestep.

Anyway, sorry for being negative, I'll shut up now, it was great, really - just not KM at its best IMO...
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

True, this series is, understandably, just not as polished as others.

Oddly, despite the fact it isn't as linear as, say, series 4, it feels repetitive because it's only 2 episodes old and we're on the 3rd team. Folly must be waiting in the wings, getting considerably annoyed.

I'll see if it grows on me...
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Several firsts in this episode: First appearance of Granitas and the giant, first time a dungeoneer got all riddles correct, and first Progress Report. I love the way Treguard says 'And now, time turns, the fire burns, time out is gone, the quest is on'! It was silly of the team to take only one object, especially as one of the advisors had said 'Take the comb and the soap' earlier. And Mauve somehow floated in the air after the ledge crumbled!

By the way, Lord Fear, if someone starts a discussion thread, it's best to provide your own summary of the episode instead of saying 'Discuss'.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

We have yet to see a couple more characters. I missed the first 10mins so I don't know what happened from when todays ep started upto when I turned in. Did any of the yet to be seen charaters make their first appearences?So far as well as Folly, we have yet to see The Monk and Merlin.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Ok.

It's just, I created it during the Episode and I didn't want to reveal any spoilers until after the Episode.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear