Dungeoneers clothing?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
steve1977
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Dungeoneers clothing?

Post by steve1977 »

:) Hi to all, just wondered, after reading about what coloured shirts aren't permitted to be worn on the Knightmare programme it said; blue, green and white T-shirts shouldnt be worn.

I can understand why they say dont wear blue, this is because of the knightmare rooms or room being filmed is made of blue cardboard, and the camera filming uses chroma key or chromakey, which is where anything blue in the room is replaced with computer graphics to render the room and apart from that all thats left is the dungeoneer and any other ordinary objects like rocks, tables or barrels.

Of course these last objects could also be blue so the computer graphics can fill in the details even better maybe. Mind you you probably just add the rocks or whatever as graphics anyway to the blue room, why need blue rocks or whatever.

Anyway the dungeoneer cant wear a blue T-shirt cos of the chroma key thing, otherwise i guess theyd need computer graphics to fill in the details on his or her T-shirt.

I wondered why it said on the site about you cant wear green or white T-shirts.

Well Ive seen how they make some films instead of the blue room thing they have a green room instead and blind the camera to green to supplement green with computer graphics but i didnt think they used green rooms for filming in knightmare (only a blue room).

And where it mentions green room on the site that just meant the waiting room for the backup team to wait in for the current team to finish their quest. Just an ordinary room (thats non green) and has games and an Amiga in to play with.

And im even more confused as to why a white shirt cant be worn? Never heard of white rooms being used for the chroma key technique? Does anyone know about this?

Is green room chroma key any better in TV production would someone know than blue room, or are both the same.

I guess they said you shouldnt wear anything stripey cos stripey or chequered T-shirts often come out blurry on the TV.

Cheers to all.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Dungeoneers clothing?

Post by TheBrollachan »

White will be due to the lighting I suspect. Dungeoneer appearing to wear a very bright white shirt in a dimly lit room. Green is also an alternative to blue and might be used for other objects I suspect.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Some of the characters wore green and white. Of the top of my head there was Mellisandra (white) and Grimaldine (green)
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Having used chromakey technology for years, blue and green are fiarly similar, and pretty much the same as one another to key out.

Nothing bright it to be worn on the set as it causes colour to run, say bright orange, that would not look too great on a normal board with a normal camera. Of course it does depend on what cameras you are using.

We just had our most successful blue screen in the latest RPG film shoot, and as it cost a mere 10% of what it had in previous years, I am pretty pleased with that!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hmm just imagine if Tim I think it is (team 5 series 7, the advisor with the really interesting tye-dyed shirt) had been the dungeoneer.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

LOL THAT SHIRT ROCKED!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

If you wore black you would come out slightly translucent and as Brollochan clearly pointed out if you were to wear white you would be seen much better...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Emii wrote: LOL THAT SHIRT ROCKED!
...and so did the guy in it ;D ;D ;D
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

It seems from one or two of the KMVR clips that the virtual dungeoneers will be dressed in 'traditional' outfits. This might have worked well for the dungeoneers on Knightmare, maybe even if extended to the whole team (cf. Crystal Maze jumpsuits); then again, individual, modern clothing did highlight the fact that the teams were challenging the dungeon from another realm.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

Moana Liza wrote:
Emii wrote: LOL THAT SHIRT ROCKED!
...and so did the guy in it ;D ;D ;D
oh yes. we should have a poll on who was the foxiest advisor/dungeoneer... screw the characters.
Raven
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Raven »

They had to wear 'traditional' outfits on the Rescate de Talisman (Spanish one)
The Raven's Labyrinth - Where danger lurks around every corner...