Series 6 Episode 7

Johntea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Series 6 Episode 7

Post by Johntea »

This episode was so funny!

I saw the causeway approaching and thought "Oh Dear!". Treguard starts to explain about the timer but they totally ignore his advice and are like "OK Alan...You're on another...umm...causeway...and theres a time limit so...hurry up...Can you take a sidestep to your right...and again...left!...left!!" :D

"I told you you had to be quick in Level 3!"

Then Lord Fear even has banter with Treguard (To fill time?) before the new team. Now was it just me or are this team having a easy ride at the moment? They made a complete dogs dinner of the first causeway, stepping on at least one 'even' tile but let off (They were touching the first two tiles at the start!) - Which probably shows you could run across it and still make it across. Also Pickle was basically telling them what route to take.

Then we get some lovely eye shield scenes with that annoying jester, Then they find Sidriss (is that her name? I forgot!) and she sees GOBLINS! 8)

A boat ride later and the action freezes during a eye shield scene.

No 'moving' Treguard at the end though :-X
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 6 Episode 7

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

That was really good where the goblins chased after them and they run into the tunnels and almost bump into them.
At least there was more action then just loads of talking on every scene.
I was disappointed at the start because last time we saw a bit of Skarkill at the end of the passage, when it was game on they just walked onto the causeway >:(
Yeh she was clearly on the even number but those timed causeways the blocks only seem to fall when the sword reaches the dot.
I really liked that episode, hope the next one will be just as good!
:)
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

YOU WERE DISSAPOINTED. >:( >:( >:( >:(

How do you think I flet thought we were going to see Skarkill's first apperence in the dungeon but we get Jiffed. WHAT Happend?

Mabey Ray was off that week they filmed? ???
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

I noticed the announcer has learned of his mistake from yesterday and said '1992' instead of '1980s'. And the picture of the Knightmare logo leading into the ad breaks is now silent, which is good, as the music was a bit distracting. As for Team 3, I figured that they wouldn't last long in this episode, but I didn't think they'd be killed off as quickly as that! Still, I guess they did indeed take a little too long at the start of the causeway, especially considering they were into Level 3 by then. It's a shame we never did see Skarkill in the end, and find out what Ariadne's lair looks like, but hopefully we'll see it in a future episode. Nice to see Lord Fear making an appearance between quests, though. As for January's team, they appeared to be well ahead of the falling hexagons at the start, but then indeed went and stepped on an even number, causing Pickle to say 'The ODD path, the ODD path'. Yup, a nice, cryptic hint from Pickle there. Even after that, they spent what appeared to be ages directing January in front of the door. Oh well, the whole thing with Motley and Sidriss was pretty good, and we got some great Goblin action, too.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Johntea wrote:No 'moving' Treguard at the end though :-X
I missed this episode so I'm not one to really comment on it, but is this the ep that at the ending it had Treguard talking about if they'd like to watch the next episode and reading the scroll for when the next ep was going to be on (when it was on CITV)?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

No, that's episode 14, I think. I'd like to see what Challenge do to that scroll, they could be boring and cut out the scene entirely, they could be clever and replace the details with 'Knightmare Monday-Saturday at 7.30 on Challenge', or they could be surprising and just leave it as it is. There might be a 'clean' version of that episode that has no scroll, but I wouldn't see the point of doing one, so it's unlikely.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

lol i thought that we were going to see some winners.
mind you there quest was SO easy, didn't even get a level 2 causeway, and some how able to get past the witch without a shield spell like the other team ?

erm.. how did a dwarf tunnel get them onto the ship, and how did they get back into a tunnel? are they saying the ship had tunnels and a causeway on it?

Bit slow this ep, but had a couple of good moments,
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I think this may well have been the first episode of Knightmare I ever saw, back when I was 6; January's arrival and introduction are the first Knightmare scene of which I have even the vaguest of pre-Challenge? memories.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
sibecg
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sibecg »

Just watched this episode and have to say I loved the banter between Lord Fear and Tregaurd. January didnt know where to put herself.

I like this team. Its a shame they didnt last. The last team as someone else has already said just took to damn long on the causeway.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Hello, and welcome to episode seven of "Breaking the Dungeon Rules"

First we have an innuendo-laden intro. on the timed causeway team dithered to death. Posthumous messages from adviser, I.E. "We're dead, Alan" Lord Fear interupts to argue with Treguard, but enough of this gay banter, let's welcome January. Fear blanches before leaving, and so let the anarchy begin. Place of choice first, and after some waffling from Treguard we choose the crown and begin. Through Dwarf Tunnels to Mini-Motters. Hmmm. On a side note, has anyone ever seen the kiddie's cookery program, 'Big Cook, Little Cook', featuring a tiny man in brightly cloured clothes with an annoying voice telling bad jokes? Anyway, back to the quest. Team took Motters with them instead of stomping on him as I would have. Motters is extra annoying during Beardovision. Into the clue glade where we make an appeal on behalf of Dungeoneers who cannot read. In the spyglass Hordriss threatens and Fear is wonderfully sarcastic and cutting. team took powder before a guest appearance from Fear the Handyman. Onto the timed causeway. Notice the Frightknight's sword rewinds slightly. Team get across despite going the wrong way and stepping on several wrong tiles as well as dithering far too much. Very silly indeed. after the interval we have Sidriss on Ice. January de-forests Sidriss before Goblins show and we run. Through the tunnels to escape in a boat. Sidriss says she will grant a wish so the team ask her to rebigulify Motters. Time out in a glade and finish with Treguard's usual rhyme. Rhyme ANGERS the Watchers. Rhyme at your peril.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Selphie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Selphie »

This episode wasn't a good one as far as causeways went! While I commented that the team were likely in losing status at the end of the last episode I wasn't ever expecting their appearance in this episode to be quite so brief! The "we're dead Alan" comment from one of the advisers was hilarious :D. They were a bright team but their struggles with directing were their downfall.

Causeway number two was a bit of a disaster too. I also feel a bit sorry for January reading 'defrost' incorrectly because that is forever going to haunt her.

I didn't really like the level 1 story, there was a bit too much going on with the Sidress and Motley banter so that the dungeoneer didn't really have much to say. I did laugh at Treguard's suggestion that they could abandon Motley and then take two objects!
A revolution without dancing isn't a revolution worth having.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 6 Episode 7

Post by Canadanne »

Johntea wrote:Now was it just me or are this team having a easy ride at the moment? They made a complete dogs dinner of the first causeway, stepping on at least one 'even' tile but let off (They were touching the first two tiles at the start!) - Which probably shows you could run across it and still make it across. Also Pickle was basically telling them what route to take.
Yep, and in addition to the timer kindly resetting while they dither at the start, for some reason it also runs in slow motion for this team. They could hardly have made it any easier for them and they still mess it up!

Sidriss says she'll tie up the boat, "if I can remember any knots". Perhaps she could use her KNOT spell? :P
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

This was the episode which, on CITV, was preceded by Victor and Hugo's crossover with Danger Mouse. As Tommy Boyd introduced the episode of Knightmare, he put a frightknight trophy on his desk next to his Mickey Mouse phone. Dear oh dear. We didn't get a victor in this episode of course, but we still got Hugo. I suppose the lesson is: if you're an Alan from St. Albans who wants to make progress through Level 3, don't waste time on Level 2...

Interesting how Paul Valentine appeared at both the start of January & co's quest, and the end. For those who weren't at last year's Knightmare Convention and didn't see Lords of the Game, the shrunken Motley subplot also formed part of the quest by Chad & co.

It's amusing to rewatch this episode in the knowledge (gained at the convention) that Iona Kennedy was trying not to break into song during her scenes with January.
Billy wrote:...and we got some great Goblin action, too.
This comment has given me a smirk or two. Thanks, Billy.

Lord Fear has gone from impersonating Hordriss/Harris to a dungeoneer in the previous episode to impersonating Hordriss to Hordriss in this episode. I like the sense that he grows badder and bolder as the series goes on.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Well, if you weren't in your seat promptly for this episode, you would have missed that. 8-o Last time there was a demise this soon into an episode was S5 team 2.
Team 3 had looked iffy on the level 1 causeway and this time they paid the price. Treguard warned them about the timer, but they had twelve seconds after the timer started before the first row of the causeway collapsed. In that time they didn't actually get Alan moving. Such a pity coz they were otherwise a capable team.

:exclaim: You could just hear somebody ask: "We're dead are we?" after he has plummented into the chasm.... ::) This has gotta be the best comment since one of the advisors in S4 team 2 asked Treguard if they were dead just after their dungeoneer had been sliced in two in the corridor of blades. ;D

Team 4 chose the crown quest then encountered a mini-Motley, who had been shrunk by Sidriss. They agreed to take him safely with them. Reached the clue-area and had to decide whether to keep Motley. The food was a carrot, presumably there is a surplus now Sly Hands has stopped eating them. :) Took the "defrost" powder and sensibly decided to keep Motley with them.

They made a complete shambles of the causeway. 8-o Told January to step left onto the wrong block (8), but just stopped her in time. Pickle then had to heavily prompt them to change direction. It looked like they moved her onto the wrong block (6), then a few moments later she quite clearly stood on block 6 again. They just got out before the final row collapsed. Lead advisor Sarah's huge sigh of relief summed it up. 8-o

Released Sidriss with the defrost and she led them out as goblins entered. They escaped across the water. Sidriss didn't row very well. Loved the way she said she was catching "lobsters".

Apart from the causeway team 4 were good. (Is this becoming a running theme this series:question:) Lead advisor Sarah was particularly enthusiastic.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 6 - Episode 7

Post by Drassil »

Morghanna wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 20:01 Apart from the causeway team 4 were good. (Is this becoming a running theme this series:question:) Lead advisor Sarah was particularly enthusiastic.

She may have been trying to compensate for not getting to enter the dungeon as planned. It was revealed in the Winter 1992 issue The Quest:

Poor Sarah had rather a rough time of it whilst waiting for her to journey through the dungeon, and ended up on crutches for 6 weeks!

Whilst waiting for their quest to start, Sarah fell off her chair at the cinema. She went to hospital and found that she had torn an inside ligament. So, did all this prevent Sarah from returning to finish her quest?

"No way" she laughs. "We all returned to the studios on Monday, only this time I was on crutches! You should have seen all the looks I got. I took the huge splint off for the cameras, and just left the bandage on. The funniest thing was that I was going to be the dungeoneer until it happened, but January had to do at the last minute because I couldn't really walk!"