computer version

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:The Game

Post by TuragaNuju »

The Amstrad Is A Velly Old Computorb, colour diplay but uses floppys... now I think about it, its the PC Console!

:D
Treguard: "Ooh.. nasty. Still, We Can Have A Toilet Break Now - I'm Bursting!"
Flangella
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Flangella »

Turaga Nuju wrote:...colour diplay...
:o COLOUR?!?!? When did that happen? Mine has a green screen and a built-in tape deck! ;)
Don't touch me please, I cannot stand the way you tease...
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that you give the old man in the first room some food. He will give you a shovel in return, and you should use the shovel in that room to dig into the floor and continue onwards from there.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by tomyboy »

What food? I can't find any food? Is it that thing on the floor? And if so, how do you pick it up?
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by TuragaNuju »

if you press a certain button it cycles thoguh all the option of that letter... I think it was pressing the same button twice actually.....
tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by tomyboy »

Oh, thanks! I didn't know that you could do more than one command with one button. I'll have another try!!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Do I remember somebody making a map of the entire dungeon? :-\
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Flangella wrote: COLOUR?!?!? When did that happen? Mine has a green screen and a built-in tape deck! ;)
The CPC had three colour modes:

Mode 0: 160x200 pixels with 16 colours
Mode 1: 320x200 pixels with 4 colours
Mode 2: 640x200 pixels with 2 colours

All the games I've seen have used either Modes 0 or 1/ The four-colour Mode 1 would usually give a good idea of what weas going on with a green screen, whereas Mode 0 was a disaster whichever way you looked at it - double-block graphics always look horrible, and there was no way of mixing the two, unlike on the C64.

I'm sure I saw someone describe Mode 0 graphics as "looking at a macaw through a cracked window". Never was there a more appropriate description.

In case you're all wondering, I was (and still am) a Spectrum owner.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Flangella
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Flangella »

Ironlord wrote:
I'm sure I saw someone describe Mode 0 graphics as "looking at a macaw through a cracked window". Never was there a more appropriate description.

In case you're all wondering, I was (and still am) a Spectrum owner.
I am liking that description, it is rather accurate... :D

I still remember my Dad's CPC6128 with the hideous blue screen and yellow text. Of course, we all thought it was the height of sophistication... ::)
Don't touch me please, I cannot stand the way you tease...
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by TuragaNuju »

"One day there will be giant super computers the size of mountains! And only the richest people will be able to afford them!"

I just got myself killed by the guards >.<
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Amstrads...Spectrums...what primitive technology! We all know the Amiga was and is the best computer ever! ;D

Especially when you edit Formula 1 Grand Prix and sensible Soccer team names to that of Knightmare characters...

"Devastating pass by Lord fear there!"

"Sylvester Hands is all alone in last position, possibly as a result of his odour even above the engine fumes..."

"Great goal Pickle!"

"Come on Oakley, get moving!"

"Hordriss, pass the ball to Olaf! You are so selfish sometimes!"

As for the Amiga Knightmare game, I got confused, and then bored, and then mystified as to how all my team could die if they ran into a wall several times. ;)
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
qbie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by qbie »

I had a demo of the Knightmare game on my Atari ST, I think it was on an ST Format coverdisk.. I remember getting beat up by this little troll like thing a few times.

http://www.atari.st/view.php?id=941

Good stuff :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: computer version

Post by Canadanne »

Loved this hilarious review of the Knightmare Spectrum game. Never had it myself, but was very entertained by this guy's futile attempts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCD1LhsHOLI

Also found a nice multi-part review of Knightmare and its gaming influences:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9A2AhqQn_Y
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Book

Post by pjmlfc05 »

wombstar wrote:Their are several books currently on ebay.. I tried bidding last night but i kept losing. Never read them myself, only have the board game and the computer game (horrid thing)

Lord Fear had the right balance of Horror and Humour. You can't really have one without the other or it becomes a real joke.
Yes I had the computer game and I was so disappointed! I couldn't get out of the 2nd room!! ???
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Book

Post by wombstar »

pjmlfc05 wrote:
wombstar wrote:Their are several books currently on ebay.. I tried bidding last night but i kept losing. Never read them myself, only have the board game and the computer game (horrid thing)

Lord Fear had the right balance of Horror and Humour. You can't really have one without the other or it becomes a real joke.
Yes I had the computer game and I was so disappointed! I couldn't get out of the 2nd room!! ???

HAHAHA yeah the game was naff. I think you find a spade in the first room (possibly giving to you by the old man after you give him some food) and you had to 'dig' in the second room... worked this out by accident once while just trying everything. No clues, it's such an odd puzzle, but I think the rest of the game was a bit better. Half the time I got killed by ghosts or got riddles wrong.

I still have the game and a working C64 (I say working, not tried it in a long time, but it should be in working order)

I keep meaning to check if my board game still has all the bits, (I think it has) I had lost the riddle book but found that recently in fact. I also have one of those black mugs with the Knightmare blood red lettering. (I usually use that during my Friday night Knight-fest on challenge)
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in