Series 7 Episode 2

DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7 Episode 2

Post by DazzaS »

The problem with this seris is its too much story based and not enough puzzles, i have always liked the "Play you cards Right" but I generally like the look of Goth anyway.
Ooh, nasty!
hindleyite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 7 Episode 2

Post by hindleyite »

DazzaS wrote:The problem with this seris is its too much story based and not enough puzzles, i have always liked the "Play you cards Right" but I generally like the look of Goth anyway.
Hmm. Just rewatching some of these old episodes and I can't believe how slow all this is compared to the last series. The earlier level backdrops are comparatively unappealing and everything just seems to plod along without an awful lot of incident.

Still, we shall give the benefit of the doubt: I seem to recall series 6 being one of my faves, so it's a bit of a hard act to follow - we shall see how things develop. After all, I'm still fascinated by the Brollachan, just the tone of its voice and the early 90s CGI. I'm a sucker for that stuff. Hence, I think those sewers are awesome.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I was amused by the end advisor punching the middle one for pointing out that Grimaldine is bald. *g*

Fear: "The only entrance is from below, and you won't catch many people trying that!" Lissard: "What do you mean, master?" Fear: "Here, I'll show you." Erm... if the Sewers of Goth are the only way into the tower, then surely Lissard must have been through them already when he arrived? So how come he doesn't know what Fear is talking about?!

And on that subject - "mile after mile" of sewer tunnels will prevent anyone from getting in? How does he figure that, when the entrance is visible just a few metres away from where they get into the boat? :P
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Smirky took team 1 to level 2.
In the next valley they encountered another new character Grimaldine, a powerful, unaligned mage, who offered to help if they brought him information.
(Twice already this episode Treguard has advised the team to consider politeness. ;) )
Next up was the level 2 clue-room. They took a long time before choosing the green gem and a Sidriss-in-a-bottle. :D Were given a hurry-up on the way out. I assumed the exit was over to the left, where the other advisor wanted to move Simon.
Entered the Crazed Heifer Inn. After her initial suspicion was allayed, new bar-maid Marta was very friendly and traded a spyglass for the green gem. :question: How many times did they change their minds about whether to take some bread? ::) Eventually Simon got fed-up and announced: "C'mon, I'm going now!" This reminded me a bit of legendary dungeoneer Martin (S3 T11) when he got impatient. :D
Used the spyglass to learn the info which Grimaldine required. Summoned him (as Grimaldi :D) and received a "LOOK" spell.
:exclaim: Yes, lead advisor Nick just stopped himself from saying something impolite when they were given the hurry-up again. ;D
Encountered the brollachan, and much indecision about how to reply, before finally answering honestly. ::)
They panicked a bit in the fireball challenge and it seemed that they got thru more by luck than judgment. Simon ran straight into the far wall. 8-o
:idea: Not sure why they really needed a spell for this. In earlier series the advisors would have guided a dungeoneer across this sort of challenge.
Encountered Hordriss, badly disguised as a tortoise, just before time-out.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

It's great reading your new reviews on each episode!
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Thanks. After a short hiatus. i've resumed working thru each episode. Not many more now, but these later ones are interesting coz there are just a few that i have not seen before.
(I realise that i missed two episodes in S1, must return to those!)
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D