Knightmare Possibly coming back to Challenge

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Possibly coming back to Challenge

Post by Porsmond »

Hi all

Havent posted on these forums for quite some time, but thought I would post some "very" interesting news

I was on Facebook last night, and went onto Challenge TV's Facebook page, and they have just posted a poll saying "If Knightmare came to Challenge, What other Show would you like us to pair it up with.
The shows suggested to pair the show with were Finders Keepers,Fun House(Early 1st Series),Get your own Back,Double Dare,Run the Risk, so does this mean Challenge are "possibly" thinking of bringing back the show yet again???

No word yet obviously what series, as its early days, Infact It still might not be confirmed, but I thought it was incredibly exciting news to hopefully see it on TV again

Lets just Hope people :D also go onto Challenge to vote in the poll, I voted Finders Keepers, although Fun House is currently winning at the moment
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Possibly coming back to Challenge

Post by shadow6162 »

You think?! Oh I hope it is comfirmed :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

OMG! I really hope they're asking for a reason. Now that Challenge is on Freeview, it would be my first chance to see Knightmare on TV since 1994... and it might bring a few more people to the forum too! *fingers tightly crossed*

Pity that Timebusters isn't an option in the poll. :P
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

ARGH, just scrolling down their Facebook page, Interceptor returned last weekend?! Bugger, I missed that! Hope they repeat the first three episodes, or someone ups them to YouTube!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Challenge recently posted this on their Twitter feed:

"Hi Carl - we are looking in to Knightmare :-) everyone is asking for it!"

Gah, trying not to get prematurely excited but can't help it!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Oh god this is aming me sooooo excited ;D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

A warm welcome back to the forum, Paul, and thank you for being the bearer of such sensationally good news. As we've now entered an era where every British TV watcher is a potential Challenge watcher, the door is wide open for substantial viewing figures, perhaps even substantial enough to make a DVD release less unlikely than ever before.

There's really only one thing that Knightmare should be paired with: more Knightmare. Though after the excessive Fun House & Pat Sharp bashing that this forum has seen over the years, I like the irony of KM and FH being shown side by side.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Can they not just put it together with Blockbusters, and make it 1992 all over again? :D

This would be incredible news and for me I'd finally be able to record the episodes onto DVD. I recorded them all back in 2004-6, but on VHS tape - it would be great to get pristine digital copies!

From the choice, it would have to be either Fun House or Finders Keepers, making it a great CITV double bill.
tiggy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by tiggy »

Drassil wrote:As we've now entered an era where every British TV watcher is a potential Challenge watcher, the door is wide open for substantial viewing figures, perhaps even substantial enough to make a DVD release less unlikely than ever before.
To elaborate on that, Challenge moved from being Sky/cable only to Freeview as well just over a year ago, and virtually everyone has Freeview nowadays. A larger audience equals higher ad revenues equals new programming equals (potentially) good news for Knightmare!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Challenge have mentioned KM again on their Facebook page:

"Hi All - everyone asking for Knightmare.. we are looking into it and any news about any shows will be posted on here as soon as we get the green light :-)"

They also plugged Knightmare.com on their Twitter the other day!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Ooh this sounds good! They've started following me on Twitter actually :D
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Speaking of Twitter, this has given me the ideal opportunity to get the Knightmare Twitter feed up and running again - have just posted a tweet regarding the possibility of Knightmare being re-shown on Challenge.

@Knightmare_CITV if you're not following it yet (though a direct link to the Twitter page can be found below in my signature).
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I have added the hashtag #knightmareonchallengetv to one of my twitter posts. Everyone join in and you know what may happen ;-)

I hope that these potential plans come to fruition. As mentioned by Billy, recorded episodes for DVD would make a sweet replacement for my poor old VHS copies.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

One of the latest tweets from Challenge TV's Twitter account:

"There is so much love for Knightmare out there :-) We will try our hardest to make it so!!"
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I saw the reply myself James; very pleased that there are still many voices supporting the cause 8)