Another Knewbie

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Another Knewbie

Post by SpectralScorpion »

Hello all.

Been browsing this forum for a while now but have only just decided to get an account.

I first got into the show when Challenge were airing repeats. The year evades me but it was definitely Series 3 that started my love of Knightmare. Throughout that time it was my Saturday morning program of choice and being completely new to the show I never knew what to expect, and being so young made me unable to realise when teams had made mistakes so every room could have been their last in my eyes.

I forgot about the show until about February this year, when I watched all of the episodes on YouTube and rediscovered my love for it. It's also these rewatchings that led me to loving the Spectral Scorpion because of the major design flaw in his room that must have annoyed the producers for the whole of Series 2. ;D

I'd love to contribute as a writer to the Knightmare community at some stage but for now I'm content just to join in with the chat. :D
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Another Knewbie

Post by shadow6162 »

Hello (again ;D )!
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Welcome - love the username!
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Canadanne wrote:Welcome - love the username!
Thanks. :D I genuinely thought it would have been taken in some form by now, so I got a pleasant surprise when it was accepted.
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Good grief, another one!!! Welcome to the asylum. The year you were watching on Challenge was probably 2003 or 2004. Unbelievable how long ago we were getting so excited about KM's re-emergence.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Think it might have been 2003 that I started watching, but I can't be sure. I clearly missed a fair bit as I only ever remember watching one winning team (Dickon from S4). The rest I read about on here then watched on YouTube.

Hey, Knightmare may make it back yet even if it's only in rerun form. I see no reason why someone can't make another series. Knightmare's age range is one that is poorly catered for on TV these days and thanks to Harry Potter we're all much more interested in fantasy. The advance of technology means it will be much less expensive to produce too, but it would have to retain the helmet and the bluescreen though - I saw the pilot for VR and hated it. ;D
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Really? I think the pilot was good, but the dungeoneer and the advisor were obviously reading scripts or something because they seemed to have zero enthusiasm. Also 11 and 9? That's a bit young isn't it?
But I digress, maybe there will be a new series one day (with any luck).
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

shadow6162 wrote:Really? I think the pilot was good, but the dungeoneer and the advisor were obviously reading scripts or something because they seemed to have zero enthusiasm.
Nah, I just didn't like it. For me the whole idea of Knightmare was the importance of communication, but if the Dungeoneer can see what they're doing then it sort of takes that element away. I agree on the enthusiasm part, though. I know pilots are meant to play to a script but you could at least look like you're happy to be part of something new. ;D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

shadow6162 wrote:the dungeoneer and the advisor were obviously reading scripts or something because they seemed to have zero enthusiasm.
Tim Child was asked about this when the KMVR pilot was released, and we should take his word that:
beveryafraid wrote: One Line from the dungeoneer (arthur) was scripted.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Oh...okay ;D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:Tim Child was asked about this when the KMVR pilot was released, and we should take his word that:
beveryafraid wrote: One Line from the dungeoneer (arthur) was scripted.
He neglected to mention how many of the advisor's lines were scripted. ;)

Personally, I don't believe they weren't told what to say and do. Parts of their conversation sound natural, but other parts really don't... and if they were truly left to their own devices, it probably wouldn't have produced an efficient demo of the gameplay.