Favourite End

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Favourite End

Post by Lowebo »

Ok, this has probably been done before, but what is everyone's favourite end of season? Be it story, quest etc! I only remember 6-8, so i'll say 7 - BARRY RULES!!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

;DRe: Favourite End

Post by pickle »

as i seem to remember the one where they rescued hordriss or the one where they won and hordriss congratulated them(or maybe that was all of them?- errrr, ok.)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Favourite End

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

On this subject I'm a purist, and very much in the minority. I much prefer the old style dungeon breaking up endings to the fancy storylines later on. I've made all my points against them before, so I won't repeat them here. Series 5 was about my limit- I found that one fine, but after that I wasn't really very keen. I personally hope this is another area in which the new KM will be kept "simple". Concentrate on making the game, its puzzles and its encounters good, rather than focusing on plush and expansive final storylines. Having said that, I'm sure the dungeon breaking up itself could be made to look absolutely fantastic with the digital technology now available.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_fear
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Lord_fear »

Hi I also think that the end of series 7 was the best. The worst i think was the end of series 8.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

GG - i do kinda agree, but nothing can beat Barry! The ending was good, but the team made it worth it
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

GG - i do kinda agree
Oh dear, and I was so confident I'd be completely on my own on this one. I'll have to find a completely untenable view to hold in order to be unique.

Hmmm.

I think Brother Strange was the most fascinating character ever introduced.
I think Velda was NOT completely overplayed.
I think Marta was NOT just there to lean over to give budding male hormones a boost.
I think Mrs. Grimwold's nose was real.
I prefer the life force quiche!
I think Edward Tudor Pole should have replaced Hugo Myatt as Treguard. "Hi, and welcome to Knightmare. I'm Treguard Dunshelm but you can call me Tre! Anyone want a cosmic handshake?"
I think Tim Child should create a new life force design- a face, but based on the Dungeoneer's own face. Oops, sorry Malefactamoos. ;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Quiche, Grimwold, Tudor Pole - DISAGREE, but all the others are right ;) Be honest though, those three are just ridiculous! - And it was a cake!! (Or pork pie)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Quiche, Grimwold, Tudor Pole - DISAGREE
I think I know my own nose, dearie.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

And i think i recognise my own plastecene! (sp?) ;)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

- And it was a cake!! (Or pork pie)
I'm sorry to end your delusions, but it's quite clearly a quiche. My own scientific tests have proven it to be so. Plus I'll set Festus on anyone who disagrees, dearies.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

My lawyer says it is, and Festus? HA! Remember the pic of him in the topic Mrs G's Fave Holiday...? Ill sit on him!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think Tim Child should create a new life force design- a face, but based on the Dungeoneer's own face. Oops, sorry Malefactamoos. ;)
I wish people would stop going on about it!  ;)
(Mind you, it would be brilliant to have.)

btw, I think I prefer the dungeon destroying itself - the ending of series 3 was quite scary first time around. Maybe the idea could be expanded upon - the dungeon is disintegrating and the dungeoneer has to find something or do something to escape.

The last episode of series 7 is absolutely excellent, though! It has all my favourite elements: a big nasty level 3 puzzle, a life force emergency, the team winning, a bit of humour, and loadsa tension!  :)
Subject to change.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Your idea for Life Force really is good btw! Glad we agree on my hero!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I like the way you think!  :)

If the life force clock has the face of the dungeoneer playing, it would emphasise that it really is their own life force and make it much more tense!
Subject to change.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

THough which would be better? Avatar or picture? Picture would be more realistic, but Avatar could be edited more? Would be fantastic, though for all those still scared s***less by the skull, i doubt they'd watch!