KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CHALLENGE

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CHALLENGE

Post by Canadanne »

Holy crap!!! Was not expecting this!
http://twitter.com/ChallengeTV/status/3 ... 6968444929

Knightmare Series 1 & 2 on Challenge from Friday 10th May, airing at 10:30pm after Fun House, with repeats on Saturday morning at 11:30!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Possibly coming back to Challenge

Post by pjmlfc05 »

WOW!!! Get in there!! Amazing news, think i'll need to clear the sky plus! ;D thank you Annie for letting us know.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :D
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare definitely coming back to Challenge

Post by Drassil »

Thank you for being the bearer of tremendous news, Annie. I'm still trying to take it in! It makes the recent Guardian article look like quite a coincidence.

The good people of Challenge must be applauded for persevering with what turned out to be lengthy negotiations and for keeping their cards close to their chests until they could give us concrete confirmation. And I'm pleased for the actors who will presumably be getting a trickle of royalties. Although all the quests in Series 1 were losing quests, there are so many winners in this situation. Bring on the reasonably large rooms!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:I'm still trying to take it in!
Yeah, I'm amazed - I had just about given up on ever hearing positive news from Challenge, so this announcement seemed to come right out of the blue. I was just idly glancing at their Twitter and the first thing I saw was the retweets of people's excited reactions, so I was like WHAT?!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Challenge!! :) :) :) Nice that they're starting with the first episode this time. Let's hope the ratings are high enough for them to purchase more series later! Will have to find ways to spread the word like crazy as the air date approaches...

I also hope this will bring many more visitors to the forum!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

FINALLY!!! YEEEEEEEEEES!!!
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Was about to post this, after I posted the orginal news a year ago(WOW was it that long ago when I posted that) but obviously word has quickly got out to everyone. It is seriously fantastic news, I thought it just wasnt going to happen, in that it was going on far too long, but this is great, it has really cheered me up this evening this news.
My only disapointment. I am at Centre Parks that weekend(NOOOOOOOOOOO) so cant watch it, but thank heavens for the great invention of Sky Plus, just means I have to wait a bit longer than most people to watch it again, Oh well, good things come to those who wait still.

Let the celebrations begin :D
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Drassil wrote:Thank you for being the bearer of tremendous news, Annie. I'm still trying to take it in! It makes the recent Guardian article look like quite a coincidence.

The good people of Challenge must be applauded for persevering with what turned out to be lengthy negotiations and for keeping their cards close to their chests until they could give us concrete confirmation. And I'm pleased for the actors who will presumably be getting a trickle of royalties. Although all the quests in Series 1 were losing quests, there are so many winners in this situation. Bring on the reasonably large rooms!
Yes a big thanks to the people at Challenge for making this happen. They must have worked hard to get a deal done so I'm sure everyone on here appreciates their efforts. Counting down to the days when Treguard says 'welcome watchers of illusion, to the castle of confusion!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Regarding the announcement on the homepage, it might be worth adding that it's repeated on Saturday mornings? I get the impression some people are keen for their kids to be able to watch!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

I might be lucky to watch it on Saturday if my daughter will let me! Cbeebies rules the roost on Saturday mornings! ;D
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CHALLENGE

Post by JamesA »

Excellent news! It's finally happening.

And about time, too. :)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CHALLENGE

Post by Canadanne »

Here is the announcement on Challenge's website :)
http://www.challenge.co.uk/news/breakin ... lenge.html
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Great news! Hopefully it will give the Knightmare online community a boost. :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Personally, I'm hoping that Challenge will take the opportunity to mention www.knightmare.com.

Frustratingly, I've absolutely no way to ask them. I have no contact details whatsoever :(
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Mystara wrote:Personally, I'm hoping that Challenge will take the opportunity to mention http://www.knightmare.com.

Frustratingly, I've absolutely no way to ask them. I have no contact details whatsoever :(
Could you not mention it on their Facebook page, under one of the Knightmare-related posts? They often respond to comments on there.