A rare Knightmare advert for CITV.

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

A rare Knightmare advert for CITV.

Post by BBrooks »

While I was on YouTube recently I came across this old High Quality Advert for Knightmare, that is not in the "Knightmare on CITV" section of this site. It's promoting Season 7.

It features Lord Fear and Lissard, and it is shot in the style of a Spyglass Scene. I think the Voiceover is Steve Ryde.
The Dialogue for it goes as follows:

Voiceover - (deep voice) Knightmare

Lissard - Ahem...Lordness.
Lord Fear - Yes what is it Lissard.
Lissard - The Kidsies are here.
Lord Fear - What, it's not Friday is it.
Lissard - No!
Lord Fear - Well then, tell them to shove off, Listen you look I'm a very busy man, trying to be a Seriously Nasty Person, I haven't got time, now if you want to take a few lists. Call back Friday CITV at 20 to 5, and I'll see if I can fit you in, until then BEAT IT!!!.

Voiceover - (deep voice) Just you wait.

If you want to see the Advert, go to YouTube and type in "Knightmare CITV" click on the video named "CITV continuity 1993 including Woof! titles" and fast-forward to 2.44.

I would have put a direct link to the page on here, but I don't know how to I'm afraid.
It would be great if you could somehow extract this off YouTube and put it on the site. Hope you enjoy it.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re: A rare Knightmare advert for CITV.

Post by Eyeshield »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpJ6fZb2W8

Christ, this takes me back! ;D I was watching all the trailers in the hopes of catching a glimpse of Knightmare, exactly like I did when I was 10! And I remembered that it always annoyed me how throughout the opening sequence of Woof, the boy (Rex in this case, but it also happened with Eric before him and Jim after him) would retain his clothes whilst swapping backwards and forwards from his dog form, even though he was always naked when he turned back during the course of the actual show!
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Eyeshield wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpJ6fZb2W8

Christ, this takes me back! ;D I was watching all the trailers in the hopes of catching a glimpse of Knightmare, exactly like I did when I was 10! And I remembered that it always annoyed me how throughout the opening sequence of Woof, the boy (Rex in this case, but it also happened with Eric before him and Jim after him) would retain his clothes whilst swapping backwards and forwards from his dog form, even though he was always naked when he turned back during the course of the actual show!
I used to think exactly the same thing. ;D Even my Mum used to say that if she ever saw the opening Titles.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

I scoured YouTube again today and found some more CITV Advert's and Links from Yesteryear.

This first one is from 1989 and it' features Jerry Foulkes and Scally The Dog, scroll to 1.48 to see Neil Buchanan, Gaby Roslin and Tony Gregory from Motormouth, announce that Knightmare is next. (It's actually the final episode of Series 3). The final 20 seconds of the End Credits are also on. The Quality's a bit bad, but it's still watchable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2DDd2XgMlA

This one is from 1992, there's the End Credits for Victor and Hugo and then there's a clip of Tommy Boyd announcing that Knightmare is next. Check out the Frightknight Trophy in the Top Right-Hand corner of the screen. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1N_kvd ... re=related

And this last blink and you'll miss one is from the Steve Ryde Era in 1993 and it's for Season 7, scroll to 0.49 to see a brief clip announcing Knightmare for later on in the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvOIOig ... re=related

Enjoy.

(Warning - Watching these Video's, may cause you to feel all Nostalgic). :)
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

God DAMN, but Legends of Treasure Island was awesome.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

BBrooks(KM Forever) wrote:While I was on YouTube recently I came across this old High Quality Advert for Knightmare, that is not in the "Knightmare on CITV" section of this site. It's promoting Season 7.

It features Lord Fear and Lissard, and it is shot in the style of a Spyglass Scene. I think the Voiceover is Steve Ryde.
The Dialogue for it goes as follows:

Voiceover - (deep voice) Knightmare

Lissard - Ahem...Lordness.
Lord Fear - Yes what is it Lissard.
Lissard - The Kidsies are here.
Lord Fear - What, it's not Friday is it.
Lissard - No!
Lord Fear - Well then, tell them to shove off, Listen you look I'm a very busy man, trying to be a Seriously Nasty Person, I haven't got time, now if you want to take a few lists. Call back Friday CITV at 20 to 5, and I'll see if I can fit you in, until then BEAT IT!!!.

Voiceover - (deep voice) Just you wait.

If you want to see the Advert, go to YouTube and type in "Knightmare CITV" click on the video named "CITV continuity 1993 including Woof! titles" and fast-forward to 2.44.
OMG, this is awesome! Just when I thought I'd never have a new spyglass scene to enjoy! Thanks so much for posting this. :D
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Lord Fear's dialogue almost matches that of Pickle's infamous "Bog Off" of Series 5.... Top work Ben, great finds.
BBrooks(KM Forever) wrote:This one is from 1992, there's the End Credits for Victor and Hugo and then there's a clip of Tommy Boyd announcing that Knightmare is next. Check out the Frightknight Trophy in the Top Right-Hand corner of the screen. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1N_kvd ... re=related
You know, at those end credits for Victor and Hugo, whenever they say "The Baddies" it always reminds me of the voice of Lissard....
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Some nice ads in here.

Aside from the obvious KM content, it is nice to see such shows as Victor & Hugo and Woof! pop up in them. Ahh, such ace times, such ace shows.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

It's quite reassuring. It's good to know there actually WAS a furry version of Treasure Island starring Hugh Laurie. I honestly thought I had imagined it. And that would have caused me to start asking myself... questions.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Miscellaneous YouTube clips

Post by Canadanne »

I hadn't seen this clip before - Knightmare trailer from 1992, followed by Tommy Boyd doing his best Lord Fear impression. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbDDR8tOt5M
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Knightmare Series 6 advert on CITV

Post by Drassil »

Thank you to Knightmaredave for finding http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMLBy-S3iYU: an uploaded episode of Grotbags from 1992 with a trailer for Knightmare afterwards (15:34).
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Great memories!

I have most of these on VHS, I love old continuity almost as much as I loved the programmes! :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Series 6 advert on CITV

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:Thank you to Knightmaredave for finding http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMLBy-S3iYU: an uploaded episode of Grotbags from 1992 with a trailer for Knightmare afterwards (15:34).
Thanks for this link, great stuff! :)
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Am I the only one who never watched any of theses other shows? I was probably about 10 so kinda stopped watching CITV and the like other then the odd show.

Although is great to see a Beetlejuice poster in the background.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

wombstar wrote:Am I the only one who never watched any of theses other shows?
No you're not, I hardly watched anything on CITV apart from Knightmare. Only recognised a handful of shows on the Old Skool Weekend!