Summer Boot Camp - weekday morning Knightmare

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Summer Boot Camp - weekday morning Knightmare

Post by Canadanne »

What's this 'Challenge summer boot camp' starting on Monday morning? They were using Knightmare audio clips in the trailer, so does that mean they're showing Knightmare on weekday mornings during the summer holiday or something?
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Possibly coming back to Challenge

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:What's this 'Challenge summer boot camp' starting on Monday morning? They were using Knightmare audio clips in the trailer, so does that mean they're showing Knightmare on weekday mornings during the summer holiday or something?
Yes I saw this. I did check the listings for Monday but it just seems to be the normal lineup of programmes. Unless it's subject to change!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare on Challenge

Post by Canadanne »

I don't know whether or not it's new for this week, but I just noticed Challenge are showing Knightmare on weekday mornings at 10 o'clock from Wednesday onwards.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare on Challenge on weekday mornings

Post by Drassil »

I noticed this too and had been waiting for some kind of announcement. It seems to be new as from Wednesday. My guess is that it will be Series 1 (three episodes this coming week, five episodes next week) but I've asked Challenge to confirm. Would be nice if they sent information through to Knightmare.com without us having to inquire! There was a time when a representative from Challenge, JamesP, would post on here.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

This is very good news, i was wondering if part of their summer boot camp it would be in somewhere but was yet to see it
good i need episode 1 recording!!
Let's hope ratings boost now the new episode has been shown
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare on Challenge

Post by Canadanne »

Just seen a Facebook comment from Challenge, saying the morning repeats get "much better" ratings than Friday night, and that they "will also try it in a tea time slot" where they expect it to do well.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Yeah while kids if off school.
Hope they keep the evening slot for the future, some of us are at work, 8)
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Summer Boot Camp - weekday morning Knightmare

Post by pjmlfc05 »

wombstar wrote:Yeah while kids if off school.
Hope they keep the evening slot for the future, some of us are at work, 8)
Tell me about it!!

I always thought Knightmare would get better ratings if Challenge shows it in a tea time slot. It still gets good ratings I believe for the Friday slot but could have even better potential if moved to early evenings.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Well they can show it three times a day lol.
Due to work I don't get the chance to switch my tv on until about 9pm.
Thankfully challenge have that plus one which is useful.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Yes I've noticed Challenge have it featured about three times a week now, rather than just the one episode on a Friday night. That can only be a good thing.

They're not the repeats from the Friday show either, as I caught one earlier this week around Midday, and it wasn't the one shown from the Friday evening.

I remember complaining before that Challenge only put the one half hour episode on, just once a week, and when you take out the adverts, it doesn't really lend you much time to view anything, but at least now, there's some extra shows to watch.

I saw the show tonight at 10-30, watched the repeat an hour later 8) , and it's on again tomorrow morning. Then I guess it'll be shown again once or twice next week day mornings, with different episodes. It can't be bad.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

The different episodes are series 1 I think.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Canadanne wrote:Just seen a Facebook comment from Challenge, saying the morning repeats get "much better" ratings than Friday night
And that's without all the social media promotion that accompanies the Late Zone showings. In terms of the Friday night live tweets, however, it's a case of quality over quantity.

Monday morning's repeat was Series 2 Episode 1. There appear to be two episodes scheduled for Friday morning (Series 2 Episodes 5 and 6?) with an apparent return to Late Zone KM showings only from next week. I assume that Challenge won't let the weekday morning showings overtake the Late Zone showings. Unlike most of Challenge's other programmes, Knightmare has to be shown sequentially, which must be slightly restrictive. And they've only got 24 episodes to play with (8 from S1, 16 from S2). So let's hope they are giving increasingly serious consideration to buying more.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Drassil wrote:
Canadanne wrote:Just seen a Facebook comment from Challenge, saying the morning repeats get "much better" ratings than Friday night
And that's without all the social media promotion that accompanies the Late Zone showings. In terms of the Friday night live tweets, however, it's a case of quality over quantity.

Monday morning's repeat was Series 2 Episode 1. There appear to be two episodes scheduled for Friday morning (Series 2 Episodes 5 and 6?) with an apparent return to Late Zone KM showings only from next week. I assume that Challenge won't let the weekday morning showings overtake the Late Zone showings. Unlike most of Challenge's other programmes, Knightmare has to be shown sequentially, which must be slightly restrictive. And they've only got 24 episodes to play with (8 from S1, 16 from S2). So let's hope they are giving increasingly serious consideration to buying more.
I believe Challenge has the rights for 5 years. So it would make sense to acquire the other 6 series.