Where did they go??

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Where did they go??

Post by Fidjit »

I know this may seem a little redundant and I know that the answers are fairly simple. But does anyone still keep in touch with all the long serving members of this forum??

Peeps like: Grimaldine Grimwold, Snowwiewolf, Malefact, Emii and many others

I know that they have moved on in life presumably, I'm just hoping that we can spice the forums back up again with some of the old crew. They were a good bunch :) as is the others who are still here to this day.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Where did they go??

Post by Drassil »

I share your sentiment. I miss those old members who brought so much to the Knightmare forums, and wish they were still here alongside the current regulars. That way, we'd get the best of both worlds. I'd even consider sponsoring some of them to come back.

Some of the old crew remain in touch via social media and occasional meetups; some returned briefly to this forum when the new Knightmare episode came out in 2013.

I like to believe that even when people do move on from the forums, they don't move on from Knightmare. Fortunately there are examples of this. FrightKnight, many years after he stopped posting here, created these Knightmare 25th anniversary comic strips.

Glenn/Fidjit, I'm glad you and I are still here all these years after we both joined. Though I must admit that I've never quite got over you changing your username from Motley to Fidjit. ;)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Absolutely dude :) its like that lovely loaf of bread that stayed fresh after all the years. But now it's going really rather stale and not like it used to be :( but yes I'm glad we're some of the remaining few man :)

And yeah, I'm not fully sure as to why I wanted to change it, or for that matter why I did. But I grew accustomed to it :) The Lexicon shows why, but given my simplistic nature back 13 years ago I'm not surprised. How we grow over the years still astonishes me. How I've changed since then is a complete puzzler too ;D
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

It's also the same with Knightmare Chat. Hardly anyone visits there now. Used to be busy a few years ago.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The problem with KM chat is that once the RPG (filming) stopped, there was less and less of a reason for people to show up. People then found reasons to do other things, and with no effort being made to keep KM chat alive, it declined.

It's good to see that chat appears to be slowly starting to pick up again. I've seen a good 5-6 newbies in the last few weeks. However, we're still looking for a "landlord" to look after chat each week - one with a plan for its reinvigoration.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

It would be nice to get all the guys back and have a good banter, but it's probably safe to say they've all moved on with their lives which is fair enough :)

I think it may have something to do with the fact that not very much in this world of Knightmare is happening now. Still, I'm not giving up on it :) I might have a few ideas left that might be of interest. But that might not happen for a while yet.

It'll be awesome if one day the forum had a sort of "high school reunion" kind of moments. It would be something special :)
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Bear in mind that the huge majority of "original" fans (those who watched those first ITV airings) are now almost all in their 30s with some even 40s - a 15 year old in 1987 would be turning 44(!) this year, where I was five when I watched Series 7 and I'm 28 in a few months!

It becomes a lot harder to remain active on online conmunities when RL commitments - work, relationships, even children etc - become part of every day life, but that's what makes the Challenge repeats/Youtube revivals so brilliant for bringing in new fans and returning older ones. The convention two years ago had all sorts of fans ranging from some of the earliest ones online back in the late 1990s, to those who weren't even born when the show ended - something as recently as a decade ago I'd never have thought possible! People come and go but KM still has a future for the young and old(er) :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Meetups tend to be the best way to meet oldies.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Billy wrote:Bear in mind that the huge majority of "original" fans (those who watched those first ITV airings) are now almost all in their 30s with some even 40s - a 15 year old in 1987 would be turning 44(!) this year, where I was five when I watched Series 7 and I'm 28 in a few months!

It becomes a lot harder to remain active on online conmunities when RL commitments - work, relationships, even children etc - become part of every day life, but that's what makes the Challenge repeats/Youtube revivals so brilliant for bringing in new fans and returning older ones. The convention two years ago had all sorts of fans ranging from some of the earliest ones online back in the late 1990s, to those who weren't even born when the show ended - something as recently as a decade ago I'd never have thought possible! People come and go but KM still has a future for the young and old(er) :)
I couldn't agree more dude :) I sometimes ask myself why I talk about things I can answer myself. But at the very least, it's good to see you again man. Even if it isn't going to be as frequently :)
ClaireFearsBlades32
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by ClaireFearsBlades32 »

In answer to the OP yes its a pity chat is quiet. I haven't been active on the forum lately but only discovered it existed in December last. I try and keep up but I do visit chat quite often. Can be hit and miss and I have relatively few responsibilities compared to most. I think life gets in the way for a lot of us but I am making an effort to stay in touch with what's going on. Would be great to have some of the old members back though.

Chat is certainly more the merrier no doubt about it. If everyone I have seen on there chipped in we would have a dozen or so each week. But work, kids and other family stuff does crop up.
It's only a game, isn't it?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Chat really needs, as Mashibinbin put it, a landlord. Someone who knows the regulars, who can get people talking, be there most weeks, and run events that keep people coming back. It's a job that needs someone to be in contact with most of the community.

None of the current knightmare.com staff have the time, and nobody has volunteered, so at the moment, chat is bumbling along.
As usual, the community's apathy is its own undoing.