Series 4 - Episode 2

Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Series 4 - Episode 2

Post by Velda »

I thought we could discuss each episode after it's been shown on Challenge (or Leggy's downloads) and say what we liked and didn't like about each one. What does everyone else think about this? Every day someone else could start the topic on the day's episode.

Anyway, first of all the things I liked:

Seeing that episode again, lol! I'd forgotten most of it, but I remembered that time out had occured just as they were about to go down the steps to Level 3. I loved seeing all the characters again - Fatilla, Gundrada (no I mean Gundwada, lol!), Merlin, Brother Mace and the Boatman! Oh, and not forgetting Ariadne - her two rooms were a couple of my favourites. Seeing the digitised countryside again and those black doors that I always found funny, the way they stood on their own! The conveyer belt room with the skull ghost floating in front of it - really spooky and the chattering it made with its teeth added to the tension. The Block and Tackle - perfect!

Things I didn't like:

The team took FAR too long to decide to release poor old Merlin from the stocks, even though they didn't know it was him to start with. And fancy asking what would he do for them if they released him!

All in all though, a great episode!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: KM Series 4, episode 2 (4/5/03)

Post by Velda »

Sorry, I've just noticed I've put today's date in the topic title instead of yesterday's! D'oh!   :-/
Last edited by Velda on 04 Jun 2003, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

wouldn't it be easier just to have a "SERIES 4" topic and then people could just put...

Episode 2

...or...

Episode 3

...at the begining of their assesment. i mean, if its a direct reply why bother but if its a totally new point then simply for clarity.

anyway, concerning
Episode 1

loving all the interaction between treguard and pickle. OH! I'd forgotten how much like gollum (LoTR) he was...not the way he speaks, (although sometimes :D) just the way he moves about and is always crouching alot.

You all look disticntly older  ;D
banana ;D

first bit of team related stuff...on the spindizzy OMG! how lucky were they? they could of died soooo easily coz their dungeoneer wouldnt stop walking and she just happened to step on the ledge :o fluke of the century matey

those "black doors" are portals and i always remember think even as a kid that the way the light hit them as you got close with the eye shield looked just like a big bit of black painted wood :D love it!

I dont remember the dancing round the tree stumps at all! that was interesting.

ho hum ho, what it is to laugh and enjoy oneself :)

yay? nay? just a thought :P
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

Series 4 Episode 2 now available for download!

http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

ho hum ho 11% :)

i love leggy ;D

beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Great idea having a different topic for each episode. That way we can talk about them in great detail. Theres nothing wrong with having lots of topics on a forum - this KM forum has always had a low number of topics per number of posts. On some other forums with simular traffic, you can get up to 10 new topics per day. I am deffinatly for starting a new topic per episode.

I thought team 1 were really mean to poor old merlin in the stocks. I don't think it was expected that they'd ask "whats in it for us", if you study the pre-planned dialogue and everything, what merlin said afterwards and everything just didn't fit.

Did anyone else notice the "transparent" section when the dungeoneer was climbing into the well? She was compleatly see-through for about 10 seconds.

This team are pretty slow, aren't they? They take ages to decide what to do - maybe all teams were like that and I just don't remember. This team for some reason don't seam "with it", if you know what I mean.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Series 4, episode 3 has to be one of my personal favourites! Me no have Sky but me's got it on video and me still likes watching it.  :)
Subject to change.
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

It's just a pity what happens tonight.....surely we all know what happens tonight?

T......R......A......N.....S.....

;D

I actually forgot the series synopsi and thought that corridor after the ghostie was the Corridor of Blades.  :-[

One last thing....was the actor that did Brother Mace the same that does Mogdred? They seemed similar in style, although Brother Mace has more of a Lord Fear touch about him.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

No, Brother Mace was played by Michael Cule and Mogdred (and Merlin) was played by John Woodknutt. I know what you mean about Brother Mace sounding a bit like Lord Fear, it's the same kind of air in his voice.

As for tonight's episode "Prepare to receive doooommm...from Mo-G-dred..." Scary stuff! :D
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

*shrug* whatever

anyway i dont think the team would have been that mean if it hadn't of been for gundrada saying something along the lines of "i wouldnt help/trust this one if i were you"

about the slowness i just think it's helen who it would seem requires a literal fire under her arse before she'll move above snail's pace.
Did anyone else notice the "transparent" section when the dungeoneer was climbing into the well? She was compleatly see-through for about 10 seconds.  
erm..yeah, that would be intentional. They picked up a dagger from the forest (by oakly) which he told them brought shadows or something like that. basicly, it made the knight not see them so they could go down the wellway...what we saw was a transparent dungeoneer.

Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

I love leggy too. It's a shame he's a boy or I'd try and give him a big kiss.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Series 4 Episode 2 now available for download!

http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html
And you know what I had forgotten, or blanked out of my mind?  Those doors.  My word, they're so DULL (and Dorkis is less coherent than the Mumbling Brangwen-She...)

Give me a shout if you need webspace to store the episodes from this or other series, Leggy (pending official releases, of course).
Last edited by Dan on 05 Jun 2003, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

I will give some quick views reguarding the episodes

Episode 1

Gotta love the start of the Episode where Treguard says "Welcome watchers, doesn't it seem an age since the last time, well not for me perhaps, but you all look distinctly older " Its a bloody classic line and had me in stiches, because YES I do look older, infact I was probably 12 years old I think when I first watched this episode and now I am 24, lol. Infact its quite hard to believe it was 12 years ago that I did watch this series, amazing how time flys.

Also just loved watching the episode again, It was great to relive some memories of Series 4 and to see all the outdoor scenes and new characters etc

First team were lucky in the place of choice as it seems they accidently stepped onto the path when asked to move forward.

1st Team do seem very slow getting places and making decisions

Episode 2

It was funny to ask Merlin what they would do for them before they released him. What a cheek, for a moment, I thought they were not going to help him.

Was good to see the Block and Tackle Room, I can see now why a lot of teams died in that room. It was hard, I think the 1st team were a little lucky

Episode 3

A Sad Death and an unfair one I think. How were they meant to know they should have used the shorter spell, after all they were told the transform spell was the more powerful one and to be honest I would have used that spell too, but a sad end to a good team.

2nd Team again were lucky in the place of choice. He clearly went off the edge and I think they were let off probably because it was only the first room, you could even head the thud when he hit the studio floor, lol

Anyway, Its all been good stuff still, Roll on Episode 4 :)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

gah, im almost glad the first team died...their dungeoneer wore AWFUL glasses and more importantly took a bloody AGE to get anywhere. imagine what it would have been like without the eye shield. probs be episode four with team one still in level one clue room ::)

Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

It's just a pity what happens tonight.....surely we all know what happens tonight?

One last thing....was the actor that did Brother Mace the same that does Mogdred? They seemed similar in style, although Brother Mace has more of a Lord Fear touch about him.
The actor that played Brother Mace also played Fatilla the Hun.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.