Just wondering...

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Just wondering...

Post by Emii »

Which do you guys think was the worst dressed team, worst item of clothing sported by a team member, or the worst quote made by a team member?

I think the worst item was those glasses worn by Fay in team 1 series 5...argh! Especially the fact that she didn't put them on until the game started, so she was squinting at Pickle and Treguard as if to say "I can hear you...but I can't see you..."

Worst quote...Helen, team 6, series 7:
"Oh ye'v terned inta a big black kat, Juleh!"
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: Just wondering...

Post by Purgatory »

erm anything with color  :-X
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Alright folks. Been a bit quiet of late but have been quite busy and stuff, saw the Doves play Brixton Academy on Monday which was ace!  ;)

I advise you to be careful with regards to Series 5 Team 1 as Fay has been known to post on one of the old forums....  ;D

Cheers
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Argh! I'm SORRRRRRREEEEEEEE!  :o I meant that the glasses looked bad in style - I wasn't dissing her bad sight cos I assure you my eyes are worse than hers :P that's why I wear contacts  ;D Anyway I do apologise if anybody takes offense...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

While it'd be easy to pick on the delightful outfits of Series 5 Team 1, at least they're efforts co-ordinate. I've found some that disturb me more ;) Please don't be too offended if you're in this list. It's only a bit of fun, and you're welcome to come and mock some of the several fashion disasters hidden away in my wardrobe. This is in chronological order. Take your pick as to who should get a visit from the fashion police.
S3-141.jpg
S3-141.jpg (8.02 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
As everyone who watched Series 7 knows, I love green. As I said many times, I'm always of the green. But that's just a hideous green ensemble.

S3-197.jpg
S3-197.jpg (8.27 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
The team who made me laugh so much in their encounter with the goblins bring another gem in the form of that lovely starry outfit. I once had a dressing gown that was a horrific cross between that and the thing Mogdred wore in Series 4.

S5-196.jpg
S5-196.jpg (6.24 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
Are those shoulder pads I see? Knice.

S6-3.jpg
S6-3.jpg (7.43 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
"Let's all wear green," they said. Again, I adore green. But the presence of so many shades in such a small space causes offence to my eyes. The Dungeoneer wore another shade, too.

S8-182.jpg
S8-182.jpg (7.49 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
The red and white spotty thing on the right just defies my vocabulary.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

And strangely, a huge amount of team members in the early series seemed to wear pale pink. Ick.

I'll have to think about the quotes, though the one you originally posted is pretty darn good.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

second pic - is that a pyjama top?
third pic - isn't the shoulder pad girl the  one Pickle was chatting up?
fourth pic - it's Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron!!!
fifth pic - line up for the sound of music...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

fourth pic - it's Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron!!!
S6-3.jpg
S6-3.jpg (7.43 KiB) Viewed 8977 times
You're so right! That's just spooky.
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

i like the t-shirt here...
S7-184.jpg
S7-184.jpg (7.52 KiB) Viewed 8976 times
the guy in it isn't that bad either...
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I had a few heart attack just just then, but come on, it was the late 80s/early 90s....  ;D
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Okay, that might excuse the shoulder pads. But the red and white spotty thing is surely criminal in any decade. ;)

And I'm still concerned about the huge amount of pale pinks on show. Bleh.  
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Here we are. Exhibit A. Series 2 Team 13:
S2-160.jpg
S2-160.jpg (8.52 KiB) Viewed 8975 times
S2-160b.jpg
S2-160b.jpg (13.9 KiB) Viewed 8975 times
Gotta love those pale pink trousers! Treguard, for goodness sake send them on the Quest For Some Differently Coloured Outfits. ;)
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 07 Dec 2002, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

LOL! Rachel - I said exactly the same thing about wacky t-shirt guy - very knice...I think his name is Tim, isn't it?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Indeed - his name was Tim  ;)
James Aukett
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

What do you mean, was? Wouldn't his name still be Tim? Did he change his name? Are you implying that he died?  :o Argh!