Least favourite!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Least favourite!

Post by MoanaLiza »

Is there any part(s) of Knightmare that are your least favourites or and that you can't bear to watch. If so what is it/are they? One of mine is definately Martin's (S3) death.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Least favourite!

Post by Jebstar »

I didnt like it when the dungeoneer looked like he was going to walk through a wall.
Cant even quest!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Propably in the firts series with the key or letters wich thye had to pick up... After I had seen them once it got a bit boring.... I havent watched Knightmare in a long time (I've been writing a story and chatting here)
I cant watch the Mogdreds playpen death.... I always get too scared and the first room in level 3.... the music
I almost got a heart attacl when that skeleton stood up
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

When in Series 4, the Dungeoneer was walking in some very wonky angles and held up the Eye Shield, and for some reason was walking in the right direction.
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

That's because they're not actaully "walking" during the Eye Shield sequences - they were pre-recorded and inserted into the quests as needed. That's why Treguard sometimes seemed very urgent when telling the teams to "hold up the Eye Shield!" - because they had to make it seem like the shield was providing the images.
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Yeah I know, unfortunatly it just didn't look right sometimes when the recorded scenes were added in.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I didnt like it when the dungeoneer looked like he was going to walk through a wall.
That did happen on numerous occasions. I can't remember which one it was which you could actually hear the dungeoneer walk right into the wall. I thnk that it was the advisor kept asking him to sidestep to his left and he kept going right saying thet he it he was going to the left or something like that. It was one shown on Challenge, quite sure it was series three. The advisor also tried to direct the dungeoneer through a door that wasn't even there I think! My bad memory though! ??? :(
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Shepps
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Shepps »

There was something like that in Series 3.  In the oracle's room, they thought there was a door to the right and guided him straight into a wall.

Treguard had to tell them:

"I don't think there's a door there team."

;D
Spellcasting D-I-S-M-I-S-S
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Sometimes the advisers keep trying to tell the dungeoneer to 'turn' and 'sidestep' even though it's obviously a pre-recorded segment!  ;D

How about when a guide appears in the eye-shield sequence and they tell the dungeoneer to 'follow it' even though the dungeoneer obviously can't see what the shield is seeing...

Several times they tell the dungeoneer to 'stop' and the tape pauses until they tell them to go again. I also remember once they used a SPEED spell during one of the eye-shield sequences (to escape from goblins) and they just sped up the tape a little bit - the eye-shield sequence was still the same.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

There was something like that in Series 3.  In the oracle's room, they thought there was a door to the right and guided him straight into a wall.

Treguard had to tell them:

"I don't think there's a door there team."

;D
I loved that scene, I thought it was rather hilarious when they tried to walk through the wall thinking there was a door.

And Tom, I think that the Advisors may not have known everything about the Eye Shield parts, and anyway, then guiding during it makes scene look rather legitimate.
Actually there are times I believe that the walking through Dwarf Tunnels was sped up slightly.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i never liked it when they would ask 'can u see the path way' or door bridge. They always reply no.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Some of the kids, bless 'em, thought (or seemed to think) that the Eye Shield sequences were actually happening for real and were actively guiding the dungeoneer! Oh, the embarrasement! :)

Mogdred's playpen scene really scared me when I saw it back in '88. I was only 6 years old. :)
Subject to change.
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

There was a team the other day who irritated me - the dungeoneer was standing at the end of the table in the kitchen after having spoken to Mrs Grimwold, and Treguard warned them that life force was critical, or something, and they tried to take some of Festus' bones (that was funny  ;D) and then the dungeoneer said that he could see a cake - at the other end of the kitchen, on the sideboard! And then proceeded to cross almost the entire length of the kitchen to get it.  Isn't the point of Knightmare that your friends *guide* you?! You're not supposed to be able to see that much - I was hoping that Mrs Grimwold would come back in and pull his helmet down a bit, hehe  ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jebstar »

I also dislike it when the team is telling the dungeoneer to do something and he does it slowly, or they're dithering. I know they're only kids but still! ;D
Last edited by Jebstar on 28 Jul 2003, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.
Cant even quest!
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

I also dislike it when the team is telling the dungeoneer to do something and he does it slowly, or they're dithering. I know they're only kids but still! ;D
Nothing would frustrate me more as an advisor (it frustrates me as a viewer too) than saying to your dungeoneer 'hurry up' and they keep wondering along at the same pace, it's gotta be so frustrating!
Foxxy Roxxy