Knightmare Dizzy - Game Download

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare Dizzy - Game Download

Post by JamesA »

Whilst searching random bits on Knightmare last week I happened to stumble across a game that mixes elements of Knightmare with the classic platform and puzzle game Dizzy. The game does feature certain characters from Knightmare and if you happen to be fan of Dizzy then I'd say it's thoroughly worth playing. You can download the game by clicking on the link below:

http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/dz033.html
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

A week of Egg and Bacon

Post by Drassil »

Thanks so much for sharing this link, James - nearly 8 years after being the first person to mention the Dizzy games on this forum. I hadn't played Dizzy properly since Knightmare was on. It's ironic: so many fans have posted about KM games in the making that were never completed, and here's a fantastic finished product that was never promoted on the forum.

Part of me is disappointed that the game doesn't feature Dizzy throwing himself across a monster's stomach, being timed to perfection by Olaf, or negotiating the revolving disc from Series 3. But that's as close as I get to a gripe. I'd rate this as one of the best ever KM fan creations.
GrandDizzy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Dizzy - Game Download

Post by GrandDizzy »

Wow, thanks for sharing this; and thanks, Drassil, for letting me know about this! :) I'm quite a big fan of the Dizzy games (as my username may suggest).

Three other classic Spectrum games are worth mentioning which feature fantasy/mythological elements similar to Knightmare. If you're a fan of emulation or old games, then check them out:

The Magic Knight game series (Wikipedia entry)
These very popular games are similar to Dizzy in that they have cause and effect puzzles, only a bit more like an RPG. "Knight Tyme" was probably the best in the series.

Chaos: The Battle of Wizards (Wikipedia entry)
Considering there were maybe about 10,000 Spectrum games in total, it's a testament to this game that so many people rate this as their favourite. I would agree (if you exclude the Dizzy games). Chaos is basically a board game played either multiplayer or against the computer where you take turns to cast spells and then move. You can create all manner of mythological creatures and have them attack each other. I would say the game is the most fun when you have 3 or more human players playing it together.

Myth: History In The Making (Wikipedia entry)
More of a platform game with puzzles than a puzzle game. But this is an excellent game, featuring mythological monsters, and for its time it was extremely polished and slick, in terms of graphics, gameplay and structure.
Rich
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rich »

A combination of 2 of the best franchises of the 80s, Knightmare and Dizzy! Very well done!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Worth noting 'Knightmare Dizzy' was the developers first attempt at using the Dizzyage game engine. Not sure if his ever made anymore and this little fan game was a bit hit.

Knightamre and Dizzy were two of my favourite things as a kid.. I just can't seem to let them go lol

I haven't made a Dizzy game for a while, I've always stolen ideas from Knightmare, ;)
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in