Mini-Meets

A place to discuss public real-life meetups.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Mini-Meets

Post by Kieran »

So, we have all read the Meetups for 2011 thread, right? Gooood. (it's here by the way ;) http://www.knightmare.com/forum/viewtop ... =32&t=2786 )

Basically I'd like to see not only our main meetups throughout the year, but also some mini-meetups for inbetween. These meets will be on a small scale, and likely will only last for a weekend, or even an afternoon pending on travel arrangements and suchlike. I am thinking KM picnics for summertime, trips to bowling and cinema...Just fun stuff.

Now, I realise that a lot of us live quite spead out here on the forum, so it may not always be possible to do this for various reasons.

However, if one of you has an idea or has a spare afternoon that you'd like to spend with fellow KM-ers, then this thread is where you announce what your plans are. Anyone can come on in and do this.

So if anyone has ideas, then let us know them :)

P.s.. If people are thinking about doing something like this, I advise that you do give it some organising time of at least a week. All events require a little planning, and it will highten chances of people being able to attend.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Mini-Meets

Post by JamesA »

We've had numerous London based meet-ups of this nature in 2010, and I can't see why it shouldn't continue this year.

That said, I'm always willing to make the occasional trip up north every now and then, so if anyone has suggestions for meets around this area - as Kieran has said, providing there is enough significant notice that such as event is taking place there then I should be okay to attend.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. weekend, Enfield!

I also like the idea of picnics and more centralised small meetups. My weekends (and weeks at the moment) are free enough to let me go to these so I'll throw my hand into whatever is decided.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

As a possible mini-meet is there anyone who'd be interested in meeting up in London next Monday (4 April 2011) evening?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I should be free to meet up on Monday evening.

Where abouts are you thinking to meet? Can message the London-based KMers on Facebook in an attempt to generate some extra interest.
James Aukett
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I'll be in the centre. Around Chancery Lane.

Contacting others sounds good.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Penderel's Oak (a frequent haunt for KMers and you may recall being in there after AQ pilot filming) is just a few minutes walk away from there. Shall we say from around 6pm?
James Aukett
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I will probably be there around 6.30 ish.