2 questions

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
keeds
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

2 questions

Post by keeds »

2 questions that i have often wondered about
1.How did they attract dungeoneers for series 1?Later series could sell on the reputation of knightmare but this wasnt the case in 1987.
2.Who was the kid on series 6-8 opening credits and how was he recruited?
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:2 questions

Post by Billy »

keeds wrote:1.How did they attract dungeoneers for series 1?Later series could sell on the reputation of knightmare but this wasnt the case in 1987.
I imagine they just put adverts for it in the newspapers and such, "Contestants wanted for exciting new gameshow" etc.

As for the second question, I've no idea! Would be interesting to find out, though!
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Maybe the kid was an actor recruited through an agency. Who wouldn't want to appear in a Knightmare title sequence? ;)
Whereever you go, there you are
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

keeds wrote: 2 questions that i have often wondered about
1.How did they attract dungeoneers for series 1?Later series could sell on the reputation of knightmare but this wasnt the case in 1987.
2.Who was the kid on series 6-8 opening credits and how was he recruited?
1. Dunno, maybe they asked schools like Fun House did.

2. I believe this was Tim Child's son.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Becxsmagic wrote: Maybe the kid was an actor recruited through an agency. Who wouldn't want to appear in a Knightmare title sequence? ;)
Conversely, who would want to ruin the original sequence?
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I prefer the later one, myself. This may just be because it's the first I encountered (I was one year old when Knightmare began, so I was among the younger fans even when I started watching half-way through series six).
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

I love the second introduction so much. I hadn't seen KM at all for years: and then at the RPG I got shown some episodes (and thankfully did not pass out at sight of the causeways again)-- and, oh, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I got that old thrill I used to get when I sat and watched Knightmare. The first one's always classic, but I'm a little too young to really be enamoured of it. So to find out who the lucky sod (allowed to use that word as it's part of my name, and as such less of an insult, and ergo halfly special) was would be wonderful. Maybe it wasn't even a child...
Sidestep right.
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Hated the new intro and new music. Mind you, neither opening sequence has really got much to do with the actual gameplay of Knightmare has it?
Horseriding into a castle Vs. running around unguided jumping and grabbing stuff (though some quests seemed to resemble this method I must say)!
keeds
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by keeds »

I prefered the earlier credits and the first intro music. I just dont know why they had to change it,if it aint broke, why spend time trying to fix it?
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Sometimes a change can be refreshing, I think :) That's why new characters are introduced - the same people for eight series would have got boring, and probably wouldn't have allowed the series to carry on as long!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: 2 questions

Post by Aldarion »

After a while they would have had to change the title sequence - visually.
But I prefer the original music (in 12/8, with the primitive synthesizer; as opposed to in 4/4 with the Fairlight-y string sounds).
It has more of a "medieval" quality (well, no it doesn't - "prog rock" medievalism)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I have to say my favourite version of the theme music is that played over the closing credits of Series 5.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Mogdred »

1st three series were my fave titles/music. Liked the incedental 'tension' cues in the later series though.