Ariadne's Lairs

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Ariadne's Lairs

Post by knightmaredave »

So we had the much awaited return of Arieadnie in Knightmare this month, but tell me which lair did we all prefer?

I really liked her lair in series 4, as she could creep up on them twice (it finally gave the level some pace as well) and also poor old Niki was ate alive quite nastily
Her one appearance in 5 was quite feeble but she did make a good appearance in level 3 in series 6! series 2 was o.k. but she didn't have that feat factor

She had aged well for the new Knightmare and was well utilised in the two rooms she appeared in. so what do we think her best lair?
Last edited by knightmaredave on 28 Aug 2013, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Ariednies lairs

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yes series 4 was the best lair. Felt like the most natural setting and it was the most tense!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I'd probably agree with Series 4 - certainly it's the version that stuck in my memory for 20 years!
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Although I have the strongest memories of her series 4 lair because we saw it the most, I always remember the one that only appeared once (I think it was series 6) where she has a web above an actual room. It felt much more enclosed and dangerous, because you were trapped in a room, not outside in the woods.

I do like that her series 4 lair has 2 parts to it though. The build up and then the actual lair.

I really like her 2013 appearances too.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

The giant spider on the ledge in series 2/3 - was this Ariadne? Presumably not as she appeared in the same series as a much larger creature...
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I always found that spider on the ledge to be wonderfully polite. Always stopping and waiting for the dungeoneer to pass, before proceeding on its genteel way.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldarion »

Quote: I do like that her series 4 lair has 2 parts to it though. The build up and then the actual lair.

Inspired vaguely by a certain other monstrous spider perhaps? You know whom I mine, the one whose lair was a hell of a lot bigger, more complex in its construction, and more offensive to the nostrils in the book than in the film
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Another vote for the series 4 lair. It felt more natural and a little more spooky to be out there hiding in the woods.

There again Ariadne is one of my favourite KM 'characters', so it's all good for me :D